Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - TV Guide Online: Ask Matt - Aug. 29th - Vala - Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piratejenna
    From CB herself in her latest interview (Starburst #328):
    "Vala is something to be treasured and, perhaps, enjoyed in small doses." I suppose it's possible that TPTB may make her an offer she can't refuse for Season 10, but the way CB is talking it sounds as though she's happier to remain a guest star.
    This way she has more time for another projects, definitely
    I can hardly wait to read the whole interview, already ordered a copy of this Starburst issue, but if Visimag.com is gonna stick to their "allow 28 days for delivery" it won't be earlier than second half of September

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
      I agree that Vala should remain nothing more than a guest star. Vala's like that really obnoxious acquaintance that everyone has. In small doses, they're fine--hell, they may even be a lot of fun--but they overstay their welcome pretty quickly. Not to mention the fact that she completely changes the tone of the series when she's there, ....
      Not if the writers develop the cheracter. It is perfectly reasonable for Vala to become more serious because of what she's seen from the Orii. This would take time, but the change itself could be a subplot if she became a regular. Personally, I'd love to see it, even if it meant no more Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by gatestuff
        Not if the writers develop the cheracter. It is perfectly reasonable for Vala to become more serious because of what she's seen from the Orii. This would take time, but the change itself could be a subplot if she became a regular. Personally, I'd love to see it, even if it meant no more Carter.
        yeah, she good on the way to being more serious with TPTB and Beachhead

Comment

Originally posted by gatestuff
          True, but the operative word is "if." TPTB didn't show much growth in the character in the glaringly obvious place, which was after her getting burned alive. She got healed right up and the very next episode she was cavorting around on tables, eating fruit and cracking jokes. "The Powers That Be" did a better job of developing her, and if she became a regular (not at the expense of Carter, mind you) and behaved in much the same way as she did there, I wouldn't mind it. It's just the constant wisecracking and innuendo-laden dialogue that irks me when she's on. CB's a great actress though, and, given more to work with, I'm sure she could make Vala a great character. Right now, however, I'd have to agree with CB's own quote that Piratejenna posted: Vala's best in small doses.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

you do know that giving more time to one character takes away from another. Someone that has been on the show for 9 yrs.!
            stargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejo

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              I do not think that she adds much to the series and the only way to get rid of her permanently is too kill her off
              Tell that to Daniel.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                I dont mind her but I think she should die
                So, what fate do you wish upon those you hate w/ a passion? j/k

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                  So, what fate do you wish upon those you hate w/ a passion? j/k

-Bloodaxe
                  Good question...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                    True, but the operative word is "if." TPTB didn't show much growth in the character in the glaringly obvious place, which was after her getting burned alive. She got healed right up and the very next episode she was cavorting around on tables, eating fruit and cracking jokes. "The Powers That Be" did a better job of developing her, and if she became a regular (not at the expense of Carter, mind you) and behaved in much the same way as she did there, I wouldn't mind it. It's just the constant wisecracking and innuendo-laden dialogue that irks me when she's on. CB's a great actress though, and, given more to work with, I'm sure she could make Vala a great character. Right now, however, I'd have to agree with CB's own quote that Piratejenna posted: Vala's best in small doses.
                    I basically agree with everything you said. My only remaining contention is that spending a large amount of time in the Orii galaxy (all the time elapsed between 6 and 19) should lead to a more permanent change. With that added life experience, we can at least expect that any changes would be more permanent, with only some changing left to be done after Vala rejoins the group. I am, of course, fully aware that this might not happen. If that were the case, I would simply abandon the idea of making Vala a permanent character.

Comment

Just a small post to make.
                      Vala's a fun character, yet not a core part of the group.
                      She's added some "attitude" in the mix. And look where thats lead.
                      I wonder how they'll bring her back, and will there be more questions later.

Comment

I'm not especialy fond of Vala. I think the way that she left is perfect. She is gone but she could come back. Like Corin Nemic. I'm an old stick in the mud. I like the way things are but I'll take change if I have to. Unless the change is Michael Shanks.
                        stargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejostargatejo

Comment

Working...
                        X