Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Goa'uld once again a dying race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah just look how ba'al is hiding on earth so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
      For everyone who believes this Ra-was-in-an-Asgard-from-the-movie thing, I have one question.
      Do you actually believe Ra was a snake, in the head of an asgard which was hiding inside a human??
      Does it seem far more reasonable, that they redesigned the goa'uld, when they created a spinoff tv show??
      Yes RA in the movie was not in an asgard body and neither was he a snake.
      The, in the movie, unnamed race of RA was an being of energie that needed a host body to live.
      The series redesigned the goa'uld, since you can hardly create a series about a race engaged in active slavery of the galaxy if in the movie you already killed the last member of that race.

For the movie, take the general plot as the stuff that happend, but details just don't bother.

Comment

Well, I don't see them as a dying race exactly. They are just out of power. Isn't there a whole river full of them back on Chak'ras (sp) planet just waiting on the opportunity to grab a host and become false gods again?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Maybe when the Jaffa on triconin(SP) have children their children will have an inmune system because of the drug.
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Jaffa are human, why don't people realise this, the only thing different is the fact they have pouches, jaffa children are born with an immune system, and HAVE NOT GOT a pouch, the reason they don't have an immune system after being given a pouch is so they remain dependant on the goa'uld to live. THATS IT

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
              Why would they implant new Jaffa with symbiotes?
              Because there isn't enough tretonin to go around?

Comment

Originally posted by normeo
                Jaffa are human, why don't people realise this, the only thing different is the fact they have pouches, jaffa children are born with an immune system, and HAVE NOT GOT a pouch, the reason they don't have an immune system after being given a pouch is so they remain dependant on the goa'uld to live. THATS IT
                Please see this: http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/index.shtml

Also watch the episode Birthright again.

Birthright - The Hak'tyl resistance steals symbiotes from other Jaffa for their children, who require a symbiote upon reaching the Age of Prata.
                There is plenty of evidence to suggest that the immune system of a Jaffa child begins to fail BEFORE they receive a symbiote. The pouch is created during the Primtah ceremony so that the symbiote can be implanted but they do need the symbiote to live.

I don't remember the episode but if I remember it right it was mentioned that the Jaffa have been genetically altered to require a symbiote. If only so that their dependency on their gods is absolute.

The Age of Prata: Jaffa term equivalent to puberty, a time at which the ceremony of implantation occurs and a young Jaffa receives his or her first prim'tah (larval Goa'uld symbiote). If one is not given, the child will die, as many Jaffa groups have been genetically engineered to become dependent on symbiotes.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It is safe to say that the Jaffa will eventually be replaced, they have become too hard to trust for the Goa'uld, with so many free Jaffa it would be a big risk for a Goa'uld to use them, but they do need to be replaced but by what?
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The Gua'uld might be low in numbers now, But that will change when all of those symbiotes start taking hosts. Their are to many Jafa out there with zymbiotes to even consider that they are a dying breed.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                      The Gua'uld might be low in numbers now, But that will change when all of those symbiotes start taking hosts. Their are to many Jafa out there with zymbiotes to even consider that they are a dying breed.
                      I actually submitted a post, saw it after it posted, then gateworld went down and now its gone!!! Strange, anyway what I put was this: I heard in 1 ep that the goa'uld have 0 population growth rate because they are eating their own young or other goa'uld young!!! Does any1 know why this happens? This and the many goa'uld already died, the fact the jaffa no serves them (or most don't) and the drug the jaffa use means unless the goa'uld start living like the Tok'ra they are in alot of trouble. I haven't seen S9 but are there no more system lords at all? As for new symbiotes, the jaffa can kill them.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think no matter what, dying species or not, the goa'uld will be a thorn in our sides for a long time still. They aren't willing to disappear quietly, I'm sure.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          I think no matter what, dying species or not, the goa'uld will be a thorn in our sides for a long time still. They aren't willing to disappear quietly, I'm sure.
                          as we have seen with Ba'al... I thought the Free Jaffa were going to have normal children now that the Gou'ld system lords aren't in charge.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                            I think the show has pretty much established that the story about the Goa'uld dying as a race was a myth. In the show it was pointed out that the story was mistaken about the circumstances of the Goa'uld. They weren't dying... they were using Unas as host originally (Unas being from their home world), but after they found Earth, they found that humans served as much better host. Humans are much more 'comfortable' places to live and use. Humans are essentially a more advanced race than the Unas, and the mammalian nature of humans versus the reptilian nature of Unas makes humans more comfortable host. Reptiles aren't very 'soft' creatures, and as Hathor pointed out, the Goa'uld very much enjoy human sensuality. (sex, for those who didn't get it... ) I mean really... how would you like rubbing up against a scaly rough body?? LOL Humans have lots of advantages over Unas, and as Ra pointed out, humans are also easier to repare then most host creatures.

As to Ra's 'alien' body shown in the film... it is largely ignored by the TV show. In fact many things in the movie are ignored, and only the TV show is considered canon. Yeah, it looked sort of 'Asgardish' but the TV show wasn't around then, so there were no Asgard and the form that the Goa'uld would be shown in also wasn't until after the TV show came about.
                            Anyone have a screenshot/picture of what that form looked like? I've completely forgotten.
                            why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Originally posted by Snork
                              Anyone have a screenshot/picture of what that form looked like? I've completely forgotten.
                              It sorta looked like the aliens from Roswell New Mexico. Like the ubducty scetches. Like Thor. That was also before they even thought of a series.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by normeo

You are correct according to the season one episode "Bloodlines". but in season seven's "Birthright", this information is contridicted. So I'd say that their born with the pouch because the most recent info is most likely canon.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                                X