Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Goa'uld once again a dying race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Goa'uld once again a dying race?

[I was initially going to put this in General, but I thought better of it and decided to place it here. If I made a mistake, I apologize.]

We know that Ra pulled the Goa'uld race's fat out of the fire [so to speak] with the discovery of the planet Earth and they went on to become the dominant race of the Milky Way for millennia thanks to us. But now, after the Replicator invasion which killed who-knows-how-many Goa'uld and the Jaffa Rebellion's success, not to mention the incoming threat of the Ori, are the Goa'uld once again [or in danger of being] a dying race?
    Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
    [Don't ask. Please.]

Yes they are - even if they could find a new race they no longer have the Jaffa
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Don't most Jaffas still need a symbiotes to survive? I know there is the drug and all, but there is no way they can synthesis enough of it for billions and billions of jaffs out there.

It would be an ironic turn if jaffs end up enslaving goulds just so that they can survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimeron
        Don't most Jaffas still need a symbiotes to survive? I know there is the drug and all, but there is no way they can synthesis enough of it for billions and billions of jaffs out there.

It would be an ironic turn if jaffs end up enslaving goulds just so that they can survive.
        Why would they implant new Jaffa with symbiotes? To me that would just further their dependancy on the goa'uld. I wouldn't say that the Gou'uld are a dying race either. There was still that planet where they found Chakka that had native goa'uld living in pools. There are also who knows how many still running around laying low. I'd say they've lost their power, but aren't a dying race. Oh yea, there are the Tok'ra, but they can't breed so I guess thats kind of a moot point.
        Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Does anybody think that the Goa'uld could simply be biding there time they may come back stronger than ever according to the movie Ra was once in an Asgard host so he could be out there as a clone. Plus does anybody foresee a return of the Tollan, some of them may have escaped and some may even have been implanted. No new Jaffa they would just turn, even with Nish'ta after one Zat they would be back t normal. Perhaps new versions of Kull warriors will be made.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

They are banished to the outskirts of the system, they are widely hunted, but you never know they could go to another galaxy and start agian or anubis could win his fight with Oma and comeback, now he could change tides of the situation.
            My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
              Does anybody think that the Goa'uld could simply be biding there time they may come back stronger than ever according to the movie Ra was once in an Asgard host so he could be out there as a clone. Plus does anybody foresee a return of the Tollan, some of them may have escaped and some may even have been implanted. No new Jaffa they would just turn, even with Nish'ta after one Zat they would be back t normal. Perhaps new versions of Kull warriors will be made.
              I don't personally think the goa'uld are a dying race, yet. Very weak right now, yes.
              In regards to the stargate movie, I don't think it was never confirmed Ra was in an Asgard body. I think that was the original design of the goa'uld, or what we would call the goa'uld. When the tv show was developed, it went in a different direction from the movie slightly. That is, unless tptb confirm that at some point in the future of the show.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think the show has pretty much established that the story about the Goa'uld dying as a race was a myth. In the show it was pointed out that the story was mistaken about the circumstances of the Goa'uld. They weren't dying... they were using Unas as host originally (Unas being from their home world), but after they found Earth, they found that humans served as much better host. Humans are much more 'comfortable' places to live and use. Humans are essentially a more advanced race than the Unas, and the mammalian nature of humans versus the reptilian nature of Unas makes humans more comfortable host. Reptiles aren't very 'soft' creatures, and as Hathor pointed out, the Goa'uld very much enjoy human sensuality. (sex, for those who didn't get it... ) I mean really... how would you like rubbing up against a scaly rough body?? LOL Humans have lots of advantages over Unas, and as Ra pointed out, humans are also easier to repare then most host creatures.

As to Ra's 'alien' body shown in the film... it is largely ignored by the TV show. In fact many things in the movie are ignored, and only the TV show is considered canon. Yeah, it looked sort of 'Asgardish' but the TV show wasn't around then, so there were no Asgard and the form that the Goa'uld would be shown in also wasn't until after the TV show came about.
                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Ah, well...unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing much involving the Unas. Gah, that's what I get for being a late-comer to the series.
                  Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
                  [Don't ask. Please.]

Comment

Originally posted by Universal Nexus
                    Ah, well...unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing much involving the Unas. Gah, that's what I get for being a late-comer to the series.
                    I wouldn't call it a pleasure... but that's just me.

If the Goa'uld aren't yet dying I think they will soon be. Wherever they can be found we can be assured they are much hated by Jaffa and humans alike and a target fordeath. I think they'll learn to hide in plain sight to avoid extinction. They'll survive but it may be very hard for them to produce new Goa'ulds.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                      it may be very hard for them to produce new Goa'ulds.
                      If only they hadnt eaten their brethren
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

If I were jaffa i would keep the gouald and their breeding tanks and all, grind them up and injecting people with tretonin (assuming that tretonin can't be synthesized chemically). Some jaffa are definitely on it, but we don't know about the whole jaffa free nation. If they did care about their future prosperity they must either 1)"enslave" goauld symbiotes to use for jaffa to live 2)allow the symbiotes to keep multiplying as to use them to create tretonin 3)find a way to stop their kids from being born with pouches for immune systems.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbuggy_ca
                          If I were jaffa i would keep the gouald and their breeding tanks and all, grind them up and injecting people with tretonin (assuming that tretonin can't be synthesized chemically). Some jaffa are definitely on it, but we don't know about the whole jaffa free nation. If they did care about their future prosperity they must either 1)"enslave" goauld symbiotes to use for jaffa to live 2)allow the symbiotes to keep multiplying as to use them to create tretonin 3)find a way to stop their kids from being born with pouches for immune systems.
                          They aren't born with the pouches, the pouches are created later. But they reason they go through the ritual is because they have been genetically altered to depend on them after puberty.

Also, I read once that the show used the original Goa'uld host from the movie as a template to create the Unas, which would make a ton of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            For everyone who believes this Ra-was-in-an-Asgard-from-the-movie thing, I have one question.
                            Do you actually believe Ra was a snake, in the head of an asgard which was hiding inside a human??
                            Does it seem far more reasonable, that they redesigned the goa'uld, when they created a spinoff tv show??
                            As to the goa'uld being dying, of course not. THey still have their tech knowledge, they still have the sarcophogaus's and the ability to jump hosts. They just don't have their slaves or armies anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen
                              They are banished to the outskirts of the system, they are widely hunted, but you never know they could go to another galaxy and start agian or anubis could win his fight with Oma and comeback, now he could change tides of the situation.

ya ignorant or what? Oma and anubis will forever stay in an eternal stuggle. no one will win. anubis can only fight back nothing more noone will win.

Comment

Working...
                              X