Science Lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science Lab

(This is for our base's chief scientist to work on her projects, as per request.)

(Also if your going to use one of the labs please tell which one. *points at base layout*)
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Do members of SG.4 works in here too when they aren't off-world gathering new technology?
      Lord Zedd

Comment

(If they have something to work on, yes. Also, could you put parentheses around your posts if your not posting IC (in character)? Thanks, it just helps make it less confusing )
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

((I'm picking science lab 02 on sub level 2 as Sophia's main lab. I created dr. Malcolm Creda as npc to interact with until the time there are some other base scientists to encounter in the labs.))

On her way from the control room to her lab she visited the other two labs on the base and assembled her entire staff. Some were teary-eyed, others were comforting their friend and colleagues. These people were also she had left. Every single one of them looked at her, their gazes burning with questions. Sophia swallowed the growing lump in her throat. "I've just come from general Blue. All of you have heard the message over the intercom, so I won't repeat that. SG-2 is send in a cargoship on a mission to Earth. There's really nothing more we as science staff can do at the moment. General Blue said to rest if needed or keep working on our project."
          A few doubting gazes were exchanged. Sophia sympathised with the turmoil that must rage in every member of her staff. Yet a certain amount of discipline needed to be maintained.
          "If you need to rest, go to your quaters and rest for a while. Go ahead with work if you want to. Go to the mess if you don't want to be alone. However I want everyone ready when SG-2 returns from their mission. Maybe they'll find something that we need to figure out."
          "The situation is...difficult, but we need to be a team to pull through. We're in this together. Also I want to remind everyone that the doctor is available should you want to talk to a professional. That's all." With a nod she dismissed everyone.
          Sophia made her way to her computer and watched the staff leaving the lab. The two scientists she shared the lab with went with the group. Good....some quiet time. Her attention turned to the screen and she began perusing the notes of her current project.
          "Sophia?" One of the older scientist, dr. Malcolm Creda, still lingered. "Are you okay?" He studied her, concerned.
          She turned back to face him, tucking a strand hair behind her ear. Malcolm had become a good friend during her stay here at the Alpha Site. She felt distant as she answered him: "Voran, my family, everyone is gone, Malcolm. But that's happened to everyone here. I..." She looked down and found that she fingered her wedding band again.
          "Just remember that being on the senior staff here, doesn't mean you're not entitled to mourning your loss. Take the time to grieve, Sophia."
          She smiled sadly at him. "Thanks, Malcolm. What are you going to do?" she asked.
          "Right now, I'm gonna head down to the mess. Join whoever else is down there. Are you coming?"
          Sophia shook her head. "I'm staying. I need to be busy for a while." Malcolm nodded and left. Taking a deep breath and banishing her emotions, she went to work.
          Gateworld rpg
          dr. Sophia MacKenzie
          Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

"It's always suicide mission this, save-the-world that, no one ever stops just to say hi anymore." - Jack O'Neill

Comment

She removed here glasses and rubbed her eyes. Damn. For the last twenty to thirty minutes Sophia hadn't been able to concentrate that well. The last few sentences of her report had been rewritten, at least, five times over, while usually it didn't cause so many problems. She put her glasses back on and hit the save button. A quick glance at the clock. Maybe Malcolm will still be in the mess hall.... After turning of the screen, she walked over to the door. Already thinking of a nice hot cup of tea, she closed the door and walked the few metres to the mess.

((Continued in the mess))
            Gateworld rpg
            dr. Sophia MacKenzie
            Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

"It's always suicide mission this, save-the-world that, no one ever stops just to say hi anymore." - Jack O'Neill

Comment

((From the infirmary))

With a few mouse clicks Sophia recalled her report on the computer to the screen. As she scanned the already written parts, she nodded lightly. Clear, precise, sound. A feeling of pride spread through her. Despite the circumstances the quality of her work didn't weaken. She started writing the final part of her report.
              Gateworld rpg
              dr. Sophia MacKenzie
              Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

Comment

Kim walked into the lab, turning to talk to Rag'nor who was just behind her. " and this is the science lab..."

Comment

((Great! Someone's come to visit. At least, since you didn't post any details about the lab, I'm assuming you just walked into Sophia's lab.))

Sophia looked up from compiling her report for General Blue to see two visitors entering her lab. "... and this is the science lab..." she heard captain Ashwood explain to ...a Jaffa? Sophia thought, raising an eye brow. "Ever heard about knocking?" she remarked dryly. She paused for a moment and then asked the Jaffa: "I don't believe I have met you before. Dr. MacKenzie, chief scientist", she introduced herself.
                  Gateworld rpg
                  dr. Sophia MacKenzie
                  Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

Comment

BASE INTERCOM: 'All teams to gateroom.' Blue announced. 'Team COs to control room for mission briefing.'

((Telawen, I think you can come along for you might think of a reason to go on a mission.))

Comment

Sophia took one look at her report. Everything was in there, she had just been perusing it for one last time. "You heard the general." She wanted to check this out. Intercom messages weren't very rare, intercom messages to every SG-team for a mission was. Still with her report in hand she left the lab.

((Off to the control room))
                      Gateworld rpg
                      dr. Sophia MacKenzie
                      Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

Comment

"er.. i supose you had better go to the control room as well..." Kim said to Rag'nor as she turned and walked out of the lab and headed for the control room...

Comment

Jim sprinted into MacKenzie's office looked around and noticed MacKenzie starring at him "Have you seen that Jaffa....uh, uh.. I think his name was...Rag'nor, yes that's it! Have you seen him? it's of great importance to my team I find him."

Jim had been talking very rapidly and had tryed to make as much sence as possible, Jim had been through several rooms in the base. Damn this base is alot bigger than I remember it to be... Jim waited eagerly for the responce.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The Scientist not replying Jim turned around and sprinted towards the control room, with all his gear having been tied up or put away in pockets exept for his M16A2 Machine gun with a barrel cartrage installed in it, he didn't jingle as he ran.

<<leaves science labs>>
                            Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 19 September 2005, 09:54 PM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Science Lab 1

Donna enters grabing her lab coat and putting it on, she had a little while before she got the rest of the intel for SG2 next mission. She had asked for the Debris pieces to be brought here but she also got them to take her laptop which had been fried on the last mission, she looked at the Debris and could see that some of the techs had been working on them, then she spotted her laptop on one of the benches she went over to it, she wasnt to bothered about the computer it was the files that was on it she wanted so she started working on them, she put her hands in her coat pockets and realised she had left one of her MP3 players in it, "nice" putting the earphones on, she switched it on and had it down low so she would still just be able to hear and then started trying to retrieve the files from the damaged laptop.

..........................................................

A little while later,

Donna was finaly managing to get some of her files transfered from the broken laptop, she was still listening to her music but had turned it up a little because it was playing some tracks that she really liked, she didnt hear someone come into the lab,

"Col" sgt said he got no reply he walked over to her tapped her on the shoulder "Col Henderson"

Donna quickly pulled the earphones out and turned round, a little startled Crap she said to herself then smiled when she seen the Sgt standing there with some folders "your intel for SG2 mission"

"thanks, you like sneaking up on people?" she laughed

"sorry Col" he was laughing a little to, he then walked out of the lab.

Donna flicked through the folders "great" grabbed the memory stick with the files in it hung up her lab coat and left.
                              Last edited by Major Henderson; 26 September 2005, 07:04 AM.
                              Lt.Col Donna Henderson
                              SG-2: CO
                              Base Senior Biologist,
                              Stargate RP, Gateworld

Cassidy Evans, SG-10:CO

Comment

Working...
                              X