• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beneath the Surface (410)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 410

The members of SG-1 are used as forced labor in an underground alien facility after their memories are erased by the ruling elite.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:47 PM.

There's a "good guys are brainwashed and turned into laborors" episode in most any good series, and SG-1's isn't my favorite but I still really liked how it was handled. This was a great episode... I especially liked Daniel in this, for some unknown reason.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Well, I think the key to this episode, like the key to the series, is that the characters react as close to normal people as possible. They retain certain aspects of their personality during their imprisonment and are rightly confused when their suppressed memories slowly start to surface. This episode is better than most others with similar premises because everything is fallable to a certain degree, including our heroes. They don't immediately bounce back when Teal'c goes nuts and they don't all just happily get along from the get go. The story shows us a decently realistic course of events - within limits of the obvious fiction - that lead us on a natural progression to what we all know will be the happy ending of episodic television.

Comment

love this episode. wasn't so keen on kegan at first. wasn't so keen on how aggressive jack was in the beginning. but i loved the way the show was done other than that.
        how their personalities were always similar, how they were all drawn to each other in the same ways they were when they were themselves, for lack of better phrasing.
        loved how their "real selves" began to creep through. loved the dvd audio commentary. this was actually the first dvd i bought, and the commentary alone was enough to make me start buying them all. (if they take off the bandage they'll discover he's a kangaroo )
        loved the style and look of the episode itself.

Comment

You have to like the clenched jaw of Hammond as the administrator ( or whoever he was) kept blowing him off. I did, however, think that the red guns were just a bit cheesey , I could have done without those. And there is the still remembered bond between Jack and Sam, and they looked a little sad when they finally knew the truth. She said trying not to be overly dramatic.

Comment

I liked the fact that Sam/Jack ship was unleashed a little more

Good episode!
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum
              I did, however, think that the red guns were just a bit cheesey , I could have done without those.
              Those guns reminded me of the one that came with my NES system. just a slightly different shade of red/orange
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Do you mean the original Nintendo NES?
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Do you mean the original Nintendo NES?
                  Was there another?! Or are you also thinking about the SNES?
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, there was originally the NES then the SNES was released
                    __

__

Comment

Well yah, but i was talking about how you 'may' think that he was talking about SNES, when he was talking about the NES. Well maybe you weren't think about it, you were just trying to clear things up

Comment

Yes I meant the original NES.
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Glad to have that cleared up, getting confusing
                          __

__

Comment

Yah those 'NES' looking like -guns were funny...

I got annoyed with that black woman who hung out with Daniel, who didn't like Sam and Jack (they all had different names, but i forgot them).

Comment

Was this the ep that had Jack talking about a bald man called Homer being important?

I would watch it again, but I don't have it recorded.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X