Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infirmary

(I know, I'm not a GM But this is one thread I predict will be needed quite often when all of you reckless SG team members start going out there. And as the Chief Medical Officer, I might as well create it ))

Dr. Attington stepped into the Infirmary with a neutral expression on his face. The staff walked up to him, he was proud of them, they all managed to look as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. If there was something to say for the Department of Homeworld Security was that they knew how to select its personel.

"Doctor, what happened?" a nurse asked him, her voice and anguished whisper.

"We don't know yet. A Tok'ra came through the gate to talk to the General. The most we can tell is that we're on our own. I'll need the infirmary on full alert status, the SGC teams that were offworld will soon be 'gating here. There's also a chance that whoever managed to get through the Earth's Iris might have gotten the coordinates for the Alpha Site so we need be ready to receive casualties or a possible evacuation to a Beta Site. Teams are already being sent out to look for one."

"Yes, doctor," the nurses and medics and doctors comprising his staff spread out, some to prepare everything as ordered and others to care for the very few patients in the Infirmary. 'And to think I was starting to find my usual routine of minor burns and electrocutions boring...you don't know what you have until you've lost it...'

((OOC:

Medical Personnel:

Major Cole Attington, M.D - Chief Medical Officer - Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman - cur. loc: Infirmary

Captain Julianna Steele, M.D - Doctor - NPC *anyone can use her*)) - cur. loc: Hangar Bar
    Captain Augustus "Gus" Aaronsong, M.D - Doctor - NPC - cur loc: Hangar Bay
    Captain Mila Kinagi, Veterinarian - Doctor - NPC - cur loc: Infirmary (has been known to serve as a physician during emergencies >__< Most people don't realize she's actually a veterinarian)
    Sergeant Gloria Fuentes - Nurse - NPC - cur loc: Infirmary
    Last edited by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman; 08 January 2006, 06:51 PM.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

(Ok, next time post in the info thread or PM me, but you are the CMO so I geuss this is your thread )
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

(Yeah what Sharp said. Plus I'm posting here so I can get Gateworld to send me emails of replies in this thread... Plus I've added it to my sig.)

Comment

Cole patted Lt. Coons' arm, "Just rest for now, son." The Lt. had tried to get himself free to join his team, "I'm afraid you're not going anywhere right now."
        The lieutenant let himself fall back on his bed, looking sad and disapointed.

Cole headed towards his office when a young woman was brought in unconscious. A nurse rushed forward and motionned for the Airman carrying her to set her on one of the beds. He jogged his way there and turned to the Airman.

"Dr. Felicia Rathbone, sir. I found her unconscious in her lab," the Airman quicky explained.

"Thank you Airman," he nodded and the Airman left the Infirmary. Cole checked her pulse while a nurse went to get him the patient's file. Another doctor joined him. The patient's lips were too blue and her pulse irregular. He took the file from the nurse's hand and quickly skimmed through it.

"She has a history of heart problems, it was under crontrol until now..." he saw in his staff's eyes that they all assumed, like him, that the shock of the news had been too much for the patient. 'So it begins, and I was hoping it would be hysterical crying...' He breezed through the info again, looking for something much different, "She had a husband and two children..."

Where usually he wouldn't have divulged personal information about the patient to the staff, he saw that, like he had thought, it made them work more efficiently. Everyone was starting to feel more connected to each other by the shared pain. He hoped it would last beyond the next few weeks, the survivors of Earth would need each other.

((Everyone feel welcome to come in here for a visit... and remember, we might have made an exception today but before every mission the teams go through a medical check up. And afterwards too.))

Comment

((From the mess hall))

Sophia hesitated for a moment outside the infirmary. Her eyes settled on her ring for a moment and a sharp pang caused her eyes to get glazed over. She bit her lip. After taking a sip from her tea she stepped through the door.
          "Dr. Attington?" she asked. "Do you have a moment?"
          Gateworld rpg
          dr. Sophia MacKenzie
          Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

"It's always suicide mission this, save-the-world that, no one ever stops just to say hi anymore." - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Cole looked up from where he was for just a second, "Give me a second please, miss," he looked her up to see if there was anything there he needed to see imediately and decided her life was in no danger whatsoever, "Why don't you wait in my officer until I'm done here? You might not want to watch this," he said in his friendliest of tones even as he stabbed his patient in the chest with a huge needle to inject her with epinephrine to restart her heart as it decided to take a break.

Comment

Sophia raised her eyebrow. Miss? A moment later she dismissed it as dr. Attington being too busy with his work right now. "Okay, I'll be in your office then." She caught a glimps of his patient......dr. Rathbone.... Sophia paled slightly. Dr. Rathbone was one of the people she had seen returning to her lab after her little speech. Worried, she kept looking back while she made her way to Attington's office.

((CCB: If you think it was too crowded around the bed for Sophia to make out anything, just say so and I'll change my post. ^_^))
              Gateworld rpg
              dr. Sophia MacKenzie
              Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

"It's always suicide mission this, save-the-world that, no one ever stops just to say hi anymore." - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Sarah hurried in with Davis in a strecher behind her.

"Sorry for the cliche but, Help! I need a docter!"
                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                LOVE HIM-> DT
                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Cole looked up again, in alarm this time. He saw another patient being brought in. Immeadiatelly, one of the other doctors on duty left what he was doing and headed for the lieutenant. Cole turned back to Dr. Rathbone as the junior doctor and a nurse or two saw to the new patient and got him prepped. They would call him if he was required, meanwhile, he would stay where he was needed most.

((OK, and now, I take over as an NPC >__<))

Dr. Julianna Steele had been slowly sifting through a box of seringes not paying attention to what she was doing. She wanted to be anywhere but here. She wanted to go back to her quarters and die in private. All she could think about was joining her husband and children on the other side. Eliza, her eldest, would have given birth to her first grand-child in another month, they had asked her if they could call the baby either Julianna or Julian, after her. And then her youngest, Arthur, who had been stressing since the beginning of the year because he would have to invite a girl to the prom. She was considering asking Dr. Attington to be dismissed early when a new patient was brought in. She stood up and went into doctor mode, her training kicking in.

She headed for the lieutenant calling out for a doctor, "Who? What? When?" she asked rather curtly.

((I'll do my best to keep up as both characters Since Steele is an NPC you can use her too if I don't answer fast enough >_< I have so many books to read for Uni))

Comment

((By the way, myself and Davis. Are both girls. ))
                    LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

Dr. Black heading towards the infirmary to talk to Dr Attington about the number of beds in the infirmary, heard voices calling out for a doctor.
                      "Not already! injuries this early on." he thought, "we'd better sort out base security and hope that the SG teams came back with ideal planets for the beta base to be set up". Sensing that his entrance into the infirmary at this point would not be well recieved, he waited at the entrance, standing at the door staring in at Lt. Davis, lying on the bed, surrounded by her fellow team member Lt. Whitely and a doctor and 2 nurses. Seeing that the Lt. was staring at him, he walked in and asked Lt. Whitely what happened. After the explanation, Dr. Black inquired if there was anything he could do to help?

Comment

"Will she be ok?" Sarah asked a Dr.

((Someone please reply.))
                        Last edited by Hulabaloo; 10 September 2005, 10:23 AM.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

Captin Winters sat up in his infirmary bed, propping himself up with a couple of pillows. He was feeling better already. His memory of the previouse day was a mess.

He remembered going through the gate looking for a beta sight. after exiting h the gate he had posted up near the DHD for cover before trecking around behind the gate to scout the near treeline.

After the go-ahead from Jim((OOC: Is that cool?)), he slipped into the deep shadows of the trees and skirted the edge of the forrest while keeping an eye on his teammates studying the huge pillar.

He noticed movement in the branches ahead and eased his way silently towards it. In the tree was a dark clad figure aiming a strange handheld device at his friends.

Using his years of training experience he slowly scaled the tree, holding his breath. Drawing his combat knife as he neared the shape, he lunged vertically the last metre thrusting the knife into the back of the victims neck slashing vertebrae and, by the looks of it, a entwined sybiote. He caught the limp body before it fell and hung it over a branch mixed bloods drippind down the tree.

He was about to radio in to the others when a swinging kick from another black clad shape caught him offbalance and sent him hurtling downards, hitting branches all the way down. Starring upwards at his assailent, feeling the pain of a broken back and many fractured ribs and bones, Winters rememberd the look of vile sadistic hatred his attacker gave him before zatting him into oblivion.

He next remembered waking in bright light, and opening doors to see many glowing eyes looking down at him with in thier eyes.

"He killed Shantra. Who will replace the position of head Ashrak now?" said an beautiful woman in Egyptian style headress.

"I care not. As long as he pays long and hard for this inconvenience" said a angry man pulling out a small vail from a small case of elaboatly coloured bottles.

All he can remember after that was endless, unforgiving excrusiating pain.
                          child_of_the_gods:
                          Character Name: Alexis Winters
                          Position: SG7 team member

My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Comment

((OOC. Errr, COTD shouldnt that have been posted in the mission topic?)

Comment

(He's remembering things, that's all. He doesn't need to post it in the mission thread.)

"Ugh..." Ryan attempted to sit up, only to be inconvinienced by his broken ribs once more.

"Sit down, or I'll have to zat you to make sure you do..." Ryan stifled a small laugh at the comment of his CO. "What, you don't think I will?"

Ryan opened his eyes to see his team sitting between two cots in the infirmary, one which was his, the other belonging to Winters.

"I'm back..." Ryan muttered.

"Offworld activation!" klaxons began to sound once more. If Ryan had been in the control room, he would have heard that it was the Tok'Ra, coming to pay them a visit.

(OOC: The one that ascended evidently told one of his friends that we did good, and a Tok'Ra is coming with a healing device.)

Comment

Working...
                              X