Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Med Bay))

Allison got Greg settled on an empty bed. "We shouldn't have to keep more than another day if your blood work stays normal." She turned her attention to Emma, after a moment's mental dithering. "If you'll just give me a few minutes and you really want to, I'll get a washtub."

He made himself sit up and shook his head. Letting Emma try to take care of him like that, was a great deal closer than he wanted to let her. "No, no, I'm good. I can wait until I'm out of here, but, yeah, thanks for the offer, but you don't have to, Emma."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Captain Emma Grace LuBan - Doc Downgrade>>

Emma watched patiently as Allison made the Doc comfy. Looking upon him with tender eyes, not sure exactly what it was that he had just fought off. It was apparent whatever it was it had taken its toll. Not that she would tell him, surely it wasn't permanent, he looked as though he had aged at least ten years in a couple of days.

With a deep sigh she waved him off while giving Allison the go ahead nod. "No worries big boy, it will make you feel a whole lot better. It will make it easier for me to look at and smell you." She grinned and gave him a wink. Placing her hand on his, "Really Greg, it is no big deal." Looking deep into his eyes she could see a glimmer of panic, "I am not asking you to date, move in or even marry me. There are less of us left, we are going to have to help each other out. Allison has an overflowing plate. I sure hope you would be there for me." Giving his hand a small squeeze as a wave of agony ran across her face.

Emma turned and removed her jacket, locating a place to hang it. With a precise manner she rolled up her sleeves. Biting her lower lip as her heart ached at the thought of those that had been on planet earth. Had they had time to know what was coming. Had it been gone in the blink of an eye. Had they suffered pain? Had 'he' suffered pain? The corner of her eye glistened. Pulling the hair fob from her pocket she pulled her hair back into a small clump. She looked everywhere but at the Doc. Hoping he wouldn't fight her on this. It would be more of a therapy for her than relief to him.

teehee!!
      Last edited by aintright; 06 November 2011, 03:29 PM.
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

((Med Bay))

'It doesn't mean anything, she just wants to help me.' Greg surrendered, hoping that Emma really didn't have any sort of feelings for him that she was trying to act out. Women got hurt when they tried to get into Greg Shelder's life. "Okay, I guess, if you really don't mind. Really try not to cut me, Emma, I'm a horrible bleeder, but I use a straight razor on myself, go figure."

Of course, cutting them somehow was all but inevitable when you shaved someone else, especially when unfamiliar, he knew that. And he was fairly sure she wasn't still mad enough to slit his throat or something. Mostly sure, anyway. He squirmed around, moving himself backward with his arms to sit mostly upright and waiting for Allison to leave and come back with a basin.

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Poor Chaplain McGregor - Really? Things Could Be Worse?

Josh awaited patiently for a response from the man which did not come. The silence was broken by notice of lunch's arrival by Gus. Josh gave him a small nod of acknowledgement. He gave one final look to Robert who seemed lost in his thoughts. Almost as if his conscience was on another planet. With a look of empathy, "If you ever want to talk, or not talk. Let me know." His voice was powerful yet, tender.

He looked back in at Oxford sitting vigil over the young lieutenant. Sometimes he wished he could step through the cloning machine. "I will be back with you shortly, or well, however long lunch takes that is." Turning partially away and then returning, "I imagine you haven't eaten either. I will have them send you something." His eyes smiled as he departed.

Josh moved down the hall to Brihanna's room. He tapped gently at the door, paused, no response. Pushing the door open slowly, letting out a small sigh. There was the hulk of a man, the councilman draped over the patient. Kevin was sound asleep, in what seemed to be a blissful slumber. Brihanna's color was rosy and actually radiant. The pair made a perfect picture. The chaplain pondered how to awaken the giant and leave the sleeping beauty at peace. Gently placing his hand on the man's shoulder, "Kevin, lunch is here, Gus is waiting." There was a gentle shake.

Stirring the man noted his position. There was almost a tinge of blush at the corners of his cheeks, "Chaplain, I seemed to have dozed off." His hand found its way through the locks on the top of his head. Locks which amazingly fell exactly as they should. Straightening back to the posture of a dignitary. The depth of his stomach growled, "Let's go. Must not keep my stomach waiting." The dashing smiled flashed across his face as he rose to his feet. Without awaiting the smaller man he strolled out the door and down the hall.

Locking eyes with Tim, Kevin caught the indicating nod of where his next meal would take place. Not awaiting an invitation he opened the door and found Gus with the food. "I hope you left some for the rest of us."

Josh rolled his eyes, made a short prayer over the stunning woman and then followed down the hall.

-

((trying this again - see if it gets eaten again!!))
          Last edited by aintright; 04 January 2012, 05:14 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

I stand corrected. Thanks to Baggie, it was saved
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*runs in and huggles Bagpuss, Skydiver and Cinna (for the suggestion!!)* .... i was going to be sooooo .... depressed!!!!

THANKEE, THANKEE, THANKEEEEEEE!!!!

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

right now folks, until VB fixes this glitch, we recommend writing out any post of length either in word and cut and paste it into the post box, or, before you hit post, hit 'control a' 'control c' and that'll put the words into the 'copy/paste' buffer, where you can retrieve it if you have to.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

((Med Bay))

Greg propped himself up against the head of the bed as Allison left. He looked wearily at Emma. "It's nice to have you here, even if you could have gotten sick off of me. I'm sorry about that, we've been around each other so much and all, I had no idea I was infected, Emma, not until it was too late." He glanced down uncomfortably.

Then Allison returned with the plastic foot tub full of water and the necessary implements. "I'll just leave you two alone and check some of the other patients."

Greg glanced at the razor and hurriedly said. "I apologize for all my moments of unconsiderate behavior towards you, Emma."

((Pointless, but I'm bored and coming off a 'second date' of sorts that I think this is over. He doesn't like to read, doesn't write, so I really think there's no hope here.))
                  Last edited by DragonGate; 04 May 2012, 12:13 PM.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

The Captain watched as the nurse brought in the needed supplies. LuBan was about to thank her, instead she fought within herself. Was that woman's tone suggesting. Nahhh! Maybe? By then it was too late she had left. Shaking it off she realized that the Doc was still grovelling.

A small grin stumbled its way onto her face, "Oh my! You Sir are ill. Really?" Emma picked up the blade and with a skilled hand twirled it between her fingers. The smile replaced with a devious look, that of a trained killer sizing up her victim and her weapon. Then she gave a small wicked cackle as she stepped up close to her patient. "Shall we make this quick? Or shall we make it slow and painful?" She adeptly began to stroke the blade against the strop. Making apparent this wasn't her first time around the block. She steadied her intense greens into his dimmed blues, "So? What shall it be BIG BOY?" Giving her signature wink as she sized up the growth before her.

teehee!!

(did I mention that I love our auto restore!)
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

((Med Bay))

"Just clean shave me, Emma. And just make it quick, if I'm gonna die I don't wanna suffer." He moved himself backward more to take full advantage of the wall and the head of the hospital bed and laid his head back, neck bared. "Any word on my release from any of the medical professionals?"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Emma wanted to ask the boy if he had looked into a mirror recently. Discharge? Seriously? Instead she just smiled as she watched the Doc readjust himself. She hated to take all of that lovely growth away. Something very manly about facial hair. She then pondered just trimming it down to the level of scruff. That would be very lovely indeed. However, this was military and Doc was on a new assignment. And his new boss had an ego problem. Clean shaven it was.

"You can't die on me, I have to torment your life for a whole lot longer than this Greg." Her voice had softened as had her eyes. She gently combed through what was a mangled mess. This had grown much more than the man had realized. It truly qualified for a beard. One worn by a mad man by the looks of him. Its tinges of red that often revealed itself on a blondie assisted it looking somewhat fierce. A darker tone would have sold the bill. Something about blond hair seemed less threatening.

She began to quietly hum and then actually sing the lyrics of a little tune as she found a pair of scissors and trimmed away the excess. It would make the process go smoother and quicker. If he was truly a bleeder there was no need to aggravate what could be overly sensitive skin. No telling what the disease that had taken grip of him had caused. The song brought her to a place of melancholy. Emma's mind dancing about memories and pangs of guilt. She remained silent as she moved on to retrieve the brush and foam. A small smile broke through and the pace of the song picked up momentarily. She loved the foam, creating it, applying it, playing in it. Her eyes reminded her that this was the Doc before her as she stopped her fingers just in time, returning to her somber rendition of the song and methodical application of the work before her.

teehee!!

<<the song - Volcanos - Damien Rice (our little chaplain is Damien Rice - if you hadn't made the connection!)>>
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

((Med Bay))

Greg held still to avoid getting cut. "Obviously, we have years and years to annoy each other ahead of us."

He couldn't identify the song, but mused on if she was implying anything. 'Have to wonder who's 'I' and 'you' in that.' As she used the razor, he relaxed, she obviously wasn't going to accidentally cut him and it wasn't really as hard as fiction liked to make it look.

Still, it was an uncomfortable closeness, his mind wandered back to three-way conversations on Shanstid. And he realized Doug Simmons was right. He really was incapable of being just friends.

How much of his feverish rambling had she heard about? His own memory was starting to come back, and he was pretty sure he'd talked about a variety of odd things. Suddenly he remembered talking about the baby. "Have you talked to Foster since I got out of Iso? He heard all my feverish delusions, and I need to kick his butt if he talked about anything I said."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"I look forward to each and every one." She cooed. She slowed in her endeavor and made deep eye contact. Emma's fingers trailed affectionatley down the bare chin of the completed side of his now smooth flesh. Signs of the Doc back to normal glimmered through, yet, the exhaustion of his earlier won battle prevailed. Deep in his eyes his thoughts darted about. Intrigued she wondered just what was warring about in that feverish mind.

Biting her lower lip to forestall a grin or even a snicker. "Foster?" She caught her tone and turned it to an opportunity to taunt her foe before her. "Hmmmm, he shared a few enchanting little tales. Not that any came as any form of surprise." She paused and tousled his hair slightly to get a better angle at the now abundant sideburns. Her lips strayed close to his ear as she murmured, "Your reputation does proceed you." She slowly receded as she watched for signs of a squirm. Wetting her lips, she inspected her work. Returning to the task at hand as she returned to her tune. It left the question hanging in the air open for ruminating.

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                            X