No announcement yet.

Home, Part 2 (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna have to figure out the shiney on this forum...

I agree with you that information may ultimately be what will keep her alive (at least for a while), but I do think Adama was the one she most needed to persuade at that time....All Sharon had to do was introduce some doubt to his mind to buy herself some time, and this she did. (Liebestraum)

I agree with this in principle, I'm just saying the execution was lousy. Meier's 4 Bullets for 5 Targets assassination attempt could only be a plot device to get Adama to trust Sharon. It was a cheap cop-out and I expected better.

And I was referring to Adama's (once-more-with-feeling!) clap after introducing Roslin to the crew. Been there, done that and couldn't we at least spring for a new set?

Totally random thought:

The scrolls of Pithia tell of a lower demon who helps mankind, and the natural assumption is Sharon 2 is that figure. Maybe not. I think it was "The Farm" but Sharon talked about how the Cylons hadn't been able to produce an off-spring using human DNA. What if Sharon came over to the human side so she could get a human doctor to help her keep the baby? What if she's using Helo and everyone else until her daughter is born and then she can turn the tables. The real cylon help may come later.

Comment

Originally posted by grover
      Second, we'll just have to disagree on the Prez vs Commander issue.
      No problem. I like a good discussion. It gets rather boring if we just all agree on everything.

Originally posted by Liebestraume
      I think Kara's attitude towards Sharon is quite intriguing. Turning her back on Adama & Sharon seems to indicate she neither wanted to be a diretc participant in Sharon's execution nor intended to stick up for her. Yet notice how quickly Kara produced the arrow when Roslin was contemplating Sharon's claim of knowing the way. I think deep down Kara is quite conflicted (but then I might be over-analyzing again ).
      I think Kara is quite conflicted. She served two year with Boomer on Galactica or I’m guessing Kara’s been on Galactica for 2 years cause we know Boomer was. So this was her friend or Kara thought she was. I’m not sure how I would react to having a friend turn out to be a killer machine. In “Flesh and Bone” she prayed for the gods to protect some Cylon’s soul if he indeed had one, a Cylon whose model had tried to kill Adama and then threaten the fleet with a bomb. She tortured this “person” and then had a bit of remorse for him being killed and she had never met him till that day. If she was conflicted about killing him, I’d only imagine she’d be even more conflicted about Sharon.

I liked this episode, but I share your dislike of the finale scene (that is, if you were referring to the slow-clapping). I suppose there was a dramatic purpose for that, but too much hugging and clapping in a single episode makes me squirm in my seat .
      That sounds like some posters over at TWoP. They hated the clapping in this episode. Course it’s kind of a running joke over there about how clap-happy the people on Galactica are and that they clap and cheer for just about any ol’ thing.

Personally I didn’t mind it. Adama was trying to make a point, and I think he made it. No matter how cheesy the clapping was.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I liked this episode, but I share your dislike of the finale scene (that is, if you were referring to the slow-clapping). I suppose there was a dramatic purpose for that, but too much hugging and clapping in a single episode makes me squirm in my seat . Which kind of sucketh, because I LOVED the reunion scenes between Adama, Lee, and Kara.
        The reunion scenes between Adama, Lee and Kara were among my favourites. The music was great, especially for Kara's bit.

Was anybody else thinking Stongehenge when the lights turned on in the tomb? Though the stones looked a bit too large and were missing the stones across the top.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
          ...Course it’s kind of a running joke over there about how clap-happy the people on Galactica are and that they clap and cheer for just about any ol’ thing.
          Hee! I can see where that comes from, but honestly the clapping never bothered me at all before. There have been a lot of emotional moments in this episode, so this bit at the end just feels a little "piled on" (and hence lessened the emotional impact of those aforementioned moments) for me.

But, like I said before, this is just a tiny nit-pick. I am sure I'll get over it soon enough, so long as they don't clap in the next episode or two.

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Was anybody else thinking Stongehenge when the lights turned on in the tomb? Though the stones looked a bit too large and were missing the stones across the top.
          I did, too, at first. Then I noticed the horizontal "ledges" were missing ...

In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. OK...hell knows what Baltar is he's been playing his own game for a while anyway.

2. Sharon 2 I'm willing to trust for the time being.

3. I'm running on the assumption that the hologram shut down.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That hologram was so beautiful, it reminded me of Stonehenge as well. Altogether a really good episode although there could have been a transition scene between the hologram and back on board Galactica. Can't wait for Final Cut tomorrow.

Comment

Baltar having the Brain scan was very funny. I thought Number 6 might have been real in some form, but the lack of a chip seems to destroy that theory...
                Loved the scene where they all met up on the planet. Good moment + music.

Them finding the way to Earth was really cool too. Good history and stuff involved by the writers too.
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

i love the discussions and interactions between laura and bill in this episode.

BRILLIANT!

Dorka is a beautiful genius

.:A/R:.

Comment

Love the opening scene. The back and forth between the search on Kobol and the meeting in Adama's office. I love that Adama is so resolute about reuniting with Roslin. I guess I should be honest from the get-go, though: I'm such an A/R shipper, so that probably (definitely...) colours my impression of this episode. [/disclaimer]

First, any scene with Cottle is a good scene. Cottle is so awesome!! "One on every bloody ship" lol

The reunion scene on Kobol was so lovely. (Also, I feel it necessary to point out that Adama looks bad*** with an assault rifle )

Roslin and Adama's conversation under the tarp. Not being the shipper thread, however, I shall contain myself. Still, it was moving to see their reconciliation. And also, it's always a joy to watch EJO and MM in a scene - they're just so dang good at what they do!

I'm a mythology buff, so I actually really enjoyed the scene with the constellations. I thought it was fascinating.

The reinstatement scene - reminiscent of the mini. I loved it! BSG doesn't do it often, but when they do happy endings, they do them well.

Despite, it seems, the resounding sentiment, I thought this episode was excellent. It sets up a lot for the long-term story and has some lovely character moments for Adama and Roslin.
                    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Working...
                    X