• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home, Part 2 (207)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    HOME, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207

Adama joins President Roslin and her team on the surface of Kobol, intent on reuniting the fleet. Six tells Baltar that he is going insane.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:08 PM.

I just started watching Home Part 2 and I noticed something. Not sure if this is a spoiler but just in case
    Spoiler:
    When Baltar is talking to Six, when she changes clothes (or rather puts them on) she flips the chair around and sits back down. If Six is just in his head how did she move the chair? The chair thing isn't just in his head because there are shots without Six of the chair in both positions

Or am I just being nitpicky?

Comment

Yeah, that must be a mistake. I wonder if it's addressed in the podcast...?
      aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Hehe. I noticed that but I didn’t really think about it. The set people probably didn’t either. I don’t think it’s meant to imply anything…..like Six being able to move inanimate objects, etc…….other than Baltar of course. Or at least I hope it’s not meant to imply that....

Heh. My nitpick of the night was who in the heck was lugging around all those tarps they were sitting under when it was raining. They had at least four shelters set up at one point. Those were some pretty big, heavy-duty looking tarps. ETA: Actually it was several tarps tied together, but still that was a heck of a lot of bulk. Didn’t look like many people were carrying packs – just Helo and the remaining redshirt – but no one else as far as I could tell. I’m guessing when they broke camp that final time, they just left them, but somebody had to carry them up until that point. Plus, who was carrying the food and water even if all they were eating was granola bars? The rain ponchos? The blankets? The extra ammo? I guess redshirt dude was a mighty efficient packer.

Only I would wonder about something as stupid as those tarps. Course I know why they actually had them, but still....
        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 27 August 2005, 10:29 PM.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwall
          Yeah, that must be a mistake. I wonder if it's addressed in the podcast...?
          Its there as a visual cue for when Baltar sat down and appered to be talking to no one

Comment

I can't believe no one has anything to say about this episodes to where a thread gets started! I just watched it (I had an event at school the other night and missed all three Sci-Fi shows) and I am in total amazement and shock still!

First off, we have a road to Earth! YES! FINALLY! It is amazing, no? The Tomb was so cool and then when Starbuck put the arrow in and they got transported, so awesome! And the constellations and stuff - for some reason, I never connected those to a possible map. Kinda cool, huh? And I'm guessing the star thing they were talking about is our solar system? But when I first saw the constellations, I thought...STARGATE! YES! ULTIMATE CROSSOVER!

Caprica Boomer! She shot Zarek's sidekick and established herself as Sharon, exactly as she is. Nothing hidden to pop up later like Galactica Boomer. I think she took to the situation of almost being choked to death well. I love that they've managed to keep Grace Park on the show cuz she is awesome!

Third, Baltar and Six. Man, first, she was naked. That was like ! And then she's in sweatpants?!? Usually she's in a skimpy dress, right? That kinda shocked me. And her whole talk about Baltar's weak mind snapped - she's a genius. Secondly, they first had me going like they weren't gonna go sexual and then in the MRI, she grabs his he-la-he-la. I just kinda rolled my eyes. I'm glad he isn't crazy.

They had some awesome lines in this episode!
            **Adama: Everyday is a gift...
            Roslin: From god.
            Adama: No, from you.
            **Starbuck: This thing could have come with a frakking handbook. But no, that would be too logical!
            **Baltar: So who - or what - are you?, exactly?
            Six: I'm an angel of God sent her to protect you. To guide you, to love you.
            Baltar: To what end?
            Six. To the end of the human race.
            **Sharon: I'm Sharon but I'm a different Sharon. I know who I am. I don't hidden protocals or codes lying in wait waiting to be activated. I make my own choices, I make my own decisions and I need you to know this is my choice.
            **And the most unsettling of the night:
            Sharon: I'll take the father, you take the son.

Comment

One thing that bothers me is exactly what happened in the tomb. Where they transported somewhere? If so, where to and how did they get back? Was it just an illusion? If so, did it turn off on its' own or did it give them time to record the star patterns? I tried to listen to the podcast but for some reason they've encoded it in such a way that makes it impossible to play in any decent media player and it's choppy as hell in Winamp (unless they're just bad recordings). He mentioned that he just ignored the process of them getting back to the ship and other menial things but how can you just gloss over a thing like this?

Where the hell were they and how'd they get back?

Comment

I was under the impression that they weren't actually transported to earth, that they were still in the tomb but there was some sort of hologram. The door slammed shut to make it nice and dark, and I figure that a giant hologram is a little more logical than some mystical, completely unexplained transportation device.

What bothers me is that they didn't encounter any more Cylon ambushes on the way to the tomb. A couple landmines and 2-3 centurions are all that's guarding the path? And especially after the first fight in part 1, I would think any Cylons in the area would have heard the commotion and come to check on things.

Comment

From what I got from the Podcast:

1. They were not transported to Earth. It was indeed a hologram.
                  2. It was originally planned that a) the hologram "sky" would have broken apart due to the mortars from a Cylon attack, b) Centurions would climb up the cliffside to the tomb, and c) there would be a second battle in the episode on their way back to the fleet. However, all of that was taken out for some reason.

Comment

Well it does make sense for the Fleet to have a map then to have them blindly running from place to place looking for clues like in the original series.

Comment

Best episode of the season. Very exciting.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope they don't actually head out to the Lagoon Nebula... that's hell and gone from here, really. More than 5,000 light years away. I get the impression that they would be heading in the wrong direction if they head for M8.

But that map did remind me of Stargate. In both the use of Constellations as a guide post (Were the Gods of Kobol the Ancients? ) and the way the Tomb of Athena worked just reminded me greatly of the Hall of Thor's Might.

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
                          **And the most unsettling of the night:
                          Sharon: I'll take the father, you take the son.
                          I know that is in the preview, but as far as I know its not anywhere in the actual episode, neither is the part of the preview where Sharon says "Come here you should see this"

Comment

Originally posted by Cikak
                            I know that is in the preview, but as far as I know its not anywhere in the actual episode, neither is the part of the preview where Sharon says "Come here you should see this"
                            It was in the actual episode. Almost 31 minutes in, she says it with her conversation with Zarek's man after Adama has arrived - its right after a commercial break. Same with "Come here, you should see this." It is seconds after.

Comment

I read it somewhere that this episode was originally planned to be the finale for the first season. The episode number certainly makes sense, if we assume there are 20 episodes to each season. And the theme also makes sense: now they can cease their seemingly aimless wander and have a true sense of direction.

The Celestial Map (at least that's how I think of it) scene is exciting as well as awe-inspiring, and the idea quite cleverly connects to the 12 tribes. I find it interesting that it was Lee who pointed out the Lagoon Nebula -- perhaps a connection to Apollo's Arrow? The nebula should lead them towards the 12 contellations, which in turn will lead to the solar system and finally Earth.

That is if they first shake off those pesky Cylons. And perhaps Baltar as well. Actually that part confused me a little. I have on occasion entertained the possibility that perhap Six is not "real" but the manifestation of Baltar's psychosis, but this episode seems to scoff at that idea. So, if Baltar is not crazy and Six is not a chip, then what is she? The part of Baltar that knows he is a Cylon?

Boomer certainly doesn't seem to have any doubt about herself being a Cylon. Not only she accepts it as a matter of fact, she doesn't seem to be apologetic about it either. I kind of like that about her, and her "I don't have hidden programs ... I make my own choices" spiel. Still I wonder if she is being a bit naive about escaping her linage. She seems to think she is not "wired," but her taking on the memories of the "other Boomer" surely belies at least a part of that. This should be very interesting to watch.

The juxtaposition of the Galactica and Kobol scenes at the beginning is excellent. It builds tension effectively, as well as conveys what each party is up to without undue exposition. And the way Adama goes about finding Roslin's party is just so ... military. I really appreciate these bits and pieces of "realism."

But once they meet up, I feel there is entirely too much hugging (and clapping). To be sure, I enjoyed the father-son, Adama-Kara, Adama-Roslin scenes individually. But putting them side-by-side just felt too pat. They just emerged from a sort of "contitution crisis" -- surely there would be some feeling of recrimination and consequences? But looking at them at the end, you'd never know. I think that is my only nitpick.
                              In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                              X