Scorched Earth (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
    True, but as always they press the reset button after the episode ends and we never hear or see from these aliens again. You´d think that with all the stuff they had that the SGC would be very interrested in getting to know them.
    Communication would be next to impossible. SG1 was only able to interact with the Avatar that the ship created. Once the 'terra'forming machine passed over the gate humans wouldn't even be able to visit the world with out heavy duty environment suits. Also the terraforming and subsequent colonization may still be an ongoing process.

So you wouldn't exactly expect much interactions there Maybe in a few hundred years once the colonization is finished.

Comment

Considering the possible pay-off from making contanct with this advanced a species you´d think they´d try harder. And it´s not as if they´ve never gone to a hostile environment before.

Comment

The original script had the Gadmeer being bombed to bits by Jack to save the Ankaarans, I think. The final scene was to be of Daniel in his office listening to a recording of the Gadmeer music and being miserable.

It's a great ep as it is, but the original ending would have been great too. If only there was an alternate ending option on the DVD

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          The original script had the Gadmeer being bombed to bits by Jack to save the Ankaarans, I think. The final scene was to be of Daniel in his office listening to a recording of the Gadmeer music and being miserable.

It's a great ep as it is, but the original ending would have been great too. If only there was an alternate ending option on the DVD

They don't seem to include deleted scenes for some reason or another. I think it would be really cool if they did, that's what the 'Extra Features' are for.
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            Considering the possible pay-off from making contanct with this advanced a species you´d think they´d try harder. And it´s not as if they´ve never gone to a hostile environment before.

If the world was completly terraformed to suit a totally different enviorment where humans can't even come close to living in then i think that might not be possible.

Comment

boring episode...

Comment

This was a decent episode. Not bad, but not particularily good either.

It seemed rather random how they jumped in with the Ancarans. The name sounds familar to me but I can't think of how (maybe the Watergate reference someone mentioned but I thought we had seen MORE of them earlier). I would have liked to know where and how SG1 found them originally, how they found the new planet, etc. It was a beautiful planet, too -- made me sad to think of it becoming sulfurized!

One thing they didn't really bring up in the episode was the fact that the Gadmir were on the planet FIRST. The Ancarans had not yet arrived when the Gadmir started terraforming (or at least that was the impression I got). So yeah, it sucks for the Ancarans, but it's their and SG1's fault that a more complete scan of the planet wasn't performed, which would have detected the giant alien ship.

I think the whole idea of a sulfur based ecosystem is fascinating, but I have questions about it as a quasi-chemist. I doubt that it would be very stable. This might mean that organisms have short life spans and/or high metabolisms. It also doesn't completely make sense to have sulfur be the base element for life the way it is for carbon. It's not even in the same periodic column! They should have chosen silica instead. Or perhaps they should have gone for the tagline that it was sulfur that was replacing the role of oxygen, but that the aliens were still carbon based.

Regarding Jack etc, I was impressed by his conviction, regardless of whether or not he was morally 'right' in his determination to blow up the alien ship. He didn't back down, he ordered Sam to make the bomb (which she did, like a good little soldier...although not without some emotional difficulty, which Amanda portrayed very well) AND he would have blown up Daniel to save the hundreds (thousands?) of Ancarans. I really like that about Jack. He's very solid and he doesn't waver.

Comment

Hey, someone anonymously gave me some good rep for the above post. I'd love to know who so I can thank you. So if you read this, thanks!

Comment

This is about the only episode where I find Daniel annoying.

Comment

I loved this episode. Even though you had that conflict it came clear to show not only that There was also a good slolution for the problem at the end but with the idea of the android was very good. I miss Lotan I want to see him again. and maybe the Gadmeer could reappear in the future in battles against the Orrii .
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

This one was good, but as others have said, not great. One thing, why didn't they try to see if the Nox could help settle the Enkarans on some planet and provide some kind of shielding that would limit the radiation they were affected by.

Comment

For some reason it is one of my favorites.
                          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

I liked the way they resolved this episode but it was a bit of a struggle getting there. It was almost like a moral story they were trying to get across--violence doesn't work--type rubbish!
                            Loved the alien ship though!

Comment

This seemed to take so long just to do one thing why? because Jack wanted to blow it up and Daniel wanted to save it!

Comment

Yeah, I loved the alien ship.......and hey not of the best episodes but they did have the stargate three: 1)going off-world the majority of the episode 2) team interaction with aliens/culture 3)after they get off-world, the team splits upo and does their own thing to solve what ever the problem at hand may be

Comment

Working...
                                X