No announcement yet.

Scorched Earth (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok no else seems to have asked where sg-1 found this race of people, daniel states in the episode that they can't stay on a planet without the certain amount of ozone (maybe that was sam actually) withought going blind, now we see in this episode that only about 1 of them is blind and that most can see... so i ask you where were they all before the sgc relocated them before hand? i mean f they are supposidly so sensative and only really have 2 options where were they before the sgc's help and why didnt they stay there...

clearly the main answer would be that the gould were still enslaving them, but then why werent they on there "home" planet and wouldnt the "home" planet be the one over run with the goauld and actually have a stargate?

im confused on this matter!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

Comment

It was one of the glossed over parts. They also said we 'relocated them to that planet', but no mention of when or why..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        It was one of the glossed over parts. They also said we 'relocated them to that planet', but no mention of when or why..
        one way of adding the ilusion of depth to a story without going into details.... This is another episode that I find to be a drag, obviously nowhere near as bad as "one false step"...

it does have a good story to it though...

Comment

This episode is airing on sky one right now and i have got to say this plot does not make sense at all;

A ship was searching for a suitable planet to terraform for the re birth of an old civilisation. Through the episode we learn that another planet was found with enkarans on it and was not chosen because there was a civilisation there already.

Now at the start of this episode, the ship was purposely designed to scan lifesigns of a planet in order to create a replica lifeform for the occupants of the planet to interact with..

Why the hell was the ship programmed with the ability to scan the planet copy the dna of the inhabitants and re create one with the knowledge containted within the ships database for the purpose of interacting with life already on the planet. Since obiously that was never the intent of the spacecraft. fine it made a mistake there was life already on a planet. Lotan should never have existed even when the ship made a mistake of there being life on the planet.

All the spacecraft had to do was scan for lifesigns, if lifesigns were not present then begin terraforming.

This episode does not make sense, ill give it a 0/10. there never should have been a ship representative in the first place. This episode should have unfolded in such a way that carter and daniel learn about the purpose of the ship while on it and then a military contigent tasked with destroying it, to save the enkarans.

Lotan the representative was imagined out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by slade_x View Post
            This episode is airing on sky one right now and i have got to say this plot does not make sense at all;

A ship was searching for a suitable planet to terraform for the re birth of an old civilisation. Through the episode we learn that another planet was found with enkarans on it and was not chosen because there was a civilisation there already.

Now at the start of this episode, the ship was purposely designed to scan lifesigns of a planet in order to create a replica lifeform for the occupants of the planet to interact with..

Why the hell was the ship programmed with the ability to scan the planet copy the dna of the inhabitants and re create one with the knowledge containted within the ships database for the purpose of interacting with life already on the planet. Since obiously that was never the intent of the spacecraft. fine it made a mistake there was life already on a planet. Lotan should never have existed even when the ship made a mistake of there being life on the planet.

All the spacecraft had to do was scan for lifesigns, if lifesigns were not present then begin terraforming.

This episode does not make sense, ill give it a 0/10. there never should have been a ship representative in the first place. This episode should have unfolded in such a way that carter and daniel learn about the purpose of the ship while on it and then a military contigent tasked with destroying it, to save the enkarans.

Lotan the representative was imagined out of nowhere.
            OK, re-watch the episode. It makes perfect sense. The ship scanned the planet and started terraforming because it was a suitable planet with no inhabitants.
            LOTAN: When the transformation process was begun, there were no life forms present.
            The SGC must have scanned the planet before the ship had reached, scanned and started terraforming the planet. They would have found it suitable for the Enkarens and started moving them there. This would now be sometime into the terraformation process, which would have started on the other side of the planet.

As the ship neared the Enkaren camp, it picked up life signs and made a representative (Lotan) to avoid the Enkaren's destruction if possible. Now, due to how advanced this race was, it would be safe to assume that they would have prepared for such an event (one where life signs are picked up after terraformation has began, as it is not a certainty that no-one will visit/inhabit the planet once they've claimed it and started terraforming). So their Lotan would be our equivalent of a 'BEWARE OF DOG' sign...just a little more sophisticated.

Lotan was made in the image of the Enkarens so that he could relate to them better and give them fair warning about what was about to happen and therefore time to leave the planet. If they chose to ignore his warning, fair enough but he could not ignore his primary programming, which was to ensure the complete terraformation of a planet once it had began.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Did anybody else think that the solution they came up with was a little to obvious? I mean you would think that Daniel or Carter would realize that the ship had scanned different planets. Even if they didn't why wouldn't they have asked if he could temporarily stop the ship. I think Lotan would have happily stopped the ship temporarily and SG-1 could have taken all of the Enkarans to a different planet. I also couldn't help but notice how useless Teal'c was in this episode, he got a bunch of lines like "The Enkaran home world doesn't have a Stargate". This was an ok episode, but I don't want to see it again any time soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Robots, lizard aliens, and a giant spaceship that shoots fire. Surely something better could have been made with those ingredients.

Rating: 5/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...hed-earth.html
                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

It was not a 'Bad Episode'.

What I do not understand is this....

If Lotan can 'Beam Up' just about anything then why not beam up the Stargate as well?

Put the Stargate on the Enkaran homeworld since it is going to be FRIED from the terraforming.
                  (Of course AFTER SG-1 goes back home first)

This way then Earth and the Enkaran homeworld will have communications still.
                  Since a war is raging through out the Galaxy at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    I think Lotan would have happily stopped the ship temporarily and SG-1 could have taken all of the Enkarans to a different planet.
                    they couldn't find another planet in a short amount of time because of the atmospheric properties the Enkarans needed to not go blind. so lotan would only of stopped for a certain amount of time and then carried on regardless of whether or not they found a new world.

i liked this episode i don't get why people don't like it so much, just because a big spaceship doesn't automatically become a SAVIOR OF THE MILKY WAY GALAXY and start blasting gou'ld ships to high hell. that is a bad reason not to like this episode imo.

Comment

It was a bit boring , not one of my favourite episodes. The alien ship was cool.

Rating 4 / 10

Comment

it was ok but...
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

I suppose Lotan is just a projected image not really flesh and blood, isn't he?
                          sigpic
                          Sign by me

Comment

This land is your land, this land is my land....

In typical fashion, the crisis was averted in 42 minutes to everyone's satisfaction. Everyone except, perhaps, the planet. Did anyone ask those poor spruce trees if they wanted to be converted to the whatchamacallit? *sniff*

I did hate the fact that you saw the solution WAY before anyone else did. I don't want to be THAT much smarter than the fictional television characters who are supposed to be entertaining me.

Also, point of note: this is the 9th episode in which we have been subjected to the thing growing on Teal'c's chin. Cruel and unusual treatment, I say.

Comment

I didn't like this episode so much either. The alien form choose this planet because it was the only one they could use AND no other intelligent life forms where detected. Plus, they started the terraforming process BEFORE the Ekarans' arrival. Therefore, they were the first ones to arrive and had every right to claim the property of that planet. Now when you think about it, that's typically the kind of argument O'neill would have used if the Enkarans had arrived first. And why was Daniel so smooth with O'neill? I mean he usually rides his horses for less than that. But in this episode, nothing: he hardly contradicts O'neill about his decision to destroy the alien's ship. And I'm not even talking about the complete silence of Carter on that matter: she just makes the bomb and disappear for the rest of the episode. obvious lack of balance in this episode.

The original version of the scenario in which the alien "robot" decides to blow up the alien's ship on his own was much darker and IMO much better: for once we'd have had something different that the usual happy ending which concludes a 40 minutes struggle in barely 30 secs.

Comment

An alright episode for me. The story/concept is interesting and the episode is well written.

Comment

Working...
                                X