• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorched Earth (409)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409

SG-1 is caught in a conflict between two civilizations trying to colonize the same planet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:37 PM.

Completely cool resolution to the conflict in this episode. Two different races in the same dire situation are butting heads in a struggle for survival, and are at first perceived to be so different from each other that there appeared to be no other course than choosing one to survive against the other. That is, until it was realized that what appeared to be the cause of a great problem was actually the harbinger of the best solution.

Comment

I think this was my least favorite episode of season 4, even though I guess my avatar is from it. I found pretty boring to tell the truth, and not up to par with most Sg-1 episodes. I think there have been one to many "lets save the undeveloped people from aliens" plot lines. I did however like the dialogue on the alien ship.

Phil
      Last edited by USS Thunderchild; 21 May 2004, 09:59 PM.
      Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
      Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

I did like the resolution between the two races, but there was something about this episode that just didn't "feel" right to me. I'm really not sure what it was, but maybe it was the disagreement between Jack and Daniel. They've had their differences of opinion before, but this time I just thought their reactions to the situation were a bit too exteme.

I did like the special effects associated with the terra-forming. One thing that might have made it better was if there was a stampede of animals trying to escape from the fires. That might have provided a sense of imminent disaster and added to level of tension in the episode. As it was, I never really got the feeling that the villagers were in serious trouble.
        There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Had we ever seen the Ankarans before?

The name sounds familiar, but I can't seem to remember if they had been featured in a previous episode. The attachment SG-1 seems ot have to them makes it seem like they're old friends, butthey also kind of feel like an alien of the week...

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359
            Had we ever seen the Ankarans before?

The name sounds familiar, but I can't seem to remember if they had been featured in a previous episode. The attachment SG-1 seems ot have to them makes it seem like they're old friends, butthey also kind of feel like an alien of the week...
            They refered to them briefly at the very begining of 'Watergate'. SG-1 was talking about relocating them but I think they never really appeared on the show before.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard-VA
              One thing that might have made it better was if there was a stampede of animals trying to escape from the fires. That might have provided a sense of imminent disaster and added to level of tension in the episode.
              That's would have been great. I can picture it now.... I might imagine the stampede in anyway next time I rewatch.

Madeleine

Comment

Cool episode, but they could have done with more people fleeing from the fires
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Cool episode, but they could have done with more people fleeing from the fires
                  This was exactly what I was going to post, before I read the thread. What are you, some kind of psychic?
                  sigpic

Comment

The only non-carbon lifeforms we have met so far.

Comment

Sulfur-based... stinky

Comment

The primitive human race they were relocating... were they in any other episode?

Comment

No, I think this was the first we ever saw of them or at least I never saw them before.

This show was IMO rather boring and predictable, you just knew they would find this kind of solution where everybody was happy and well off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                            This show was IMO rather boring and predictable, you just knew they would find this kind of solution where everybody was happy and well off.
                            Yeah, pretty predictable in that regard, still it had its moments. It was nice though to see (or at least hear about) an alien lifeform that was totally different from us if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                              Yeah, pretty predictable in that regard, still it had its moments. It was nice though to see (or at least hear about) an alien lifeform that was totally different from us if nothing else.

True, but as always they press the reset button after the episode ends and we never hear or see from these aliens again. You´d think that with all the stuff they had that the SGC would be very interrested in getting to know them.

Comment

Working...
                              X