Control Room/Gate Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Room/Gate Room

(Here's the control room, its very similar to the SGC control room except for one difference. It has a DHD. The DHD stands where the computers were and its base is surrounded in a steel shell so that only the dialing buttons are able to be reached (unless you have a key... which you don't ). There is a computer right next to it that displays the symbols needing to be pressed to go to the desired planet. The Control room and Gate room is located in the middle of Sub Level 4)

Sharp stood there next to General Blue and the gate sergeant. The Sergeant hit the final button yet again and the seventh chevron could not connect. "No! This can't be right!" Sharp said angrily "Their gate must be busy"

The sergeant looked back at the colonel. "Sir, we've been trying over an hour.."
    Sharp looked down at the floor and then at the gate, he walked over to the dial home device and pressed the red button yet again. Nothing happened.
    Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 29 July 2009, 02:04 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Sharp looked at the gate, and a sad experssion came to his face. He started paceing around the room and suddenly his face lighted up, "I know how we can tell!" He went over to one of the cabnits on the far side of the control room. He pulled out the Tokra becon locateing device (one of the things seen in Reckoning) He placed it on the table and plugged it into one of the laptops. He waited for the screen to popup and when it did he directed it to Earth's star system, while it was going he explained what he was doing. "Now, if I remember correctly we have one of those becons at the SGC, all we need to do is see thats is beconing so we can confirm that the SGC's gate is just busy." The Screen reapears showing nothing. Sharp had worryed about this but knew the becon was under the tightest security and that Earth has ceased to exist. Sharp's eyes started to water and he stood up, looking miserable.
    "I'm Sorry sir, should I make the annoo,an," He paused taking a deap breath "Announcement?"
    sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

"Earth is destoryed." General Blue was angered. "By who." No-one could answer. "Patch Colonel Sharp to the entire site."

The sergeant nodded and do so. "Go ahead Colonel." The sergeant said.

Comment

Sharp went over to the mike and collected himself speaking into it. "This is Colonel Chris Sharp speaking and you have probably geussed what I'm about to say. We have been trying to connect for the past hour, trying every way we can to see what's wrong with the gate, and we've come up with nothing." Sharp paused for a long time "It seems that Earth has been destroyed. I am sorry to tell you this news." Sharp said about to cry "I am sorry" he said turning off the mike.
        Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 29 July 2009, 02:04 PM.
        sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

"Where are all the offworld SG teams, Colonel?" General Blue asked. "I believe we must order them to return to the alpha site for debriefing and also retreat as we need to find a beta site." Nicholas ordered.

Comment

"Off World Activation." A tech sgt. replied as he looked over at Gen. Blue, he paused, "It's the Tok'ra."
            sigpic

Comment

"Well talk about timing..." Blue said, "open the iris."

"Aye sir." The tech sergeant obeyed.

As the stargate's iris opened and the blue watery wormhole continued to shimmer, a person stepped through and General Blue nodded. He headed out to meet the Tok'ra.

"Hello I am General Nicholas Blue." Blue introduced himself.

Comment

Cole ran into the gateroom and skidded to a stop, startled by the roar of the kawoosh of the gate activating. He walked more sedately, though definitely not slowly, towards General Blue and Colonel Sharp. He seemed to be the first member of the senior staff to arrive but he had no doubt that others, senior staff or not, would soon be piling up around here asking questions.

"General!" he stopped by the man, "What happened? What do you mean Earth is destroyed? How much of it? Are there survivors?" He interupted his flow of anguished questions as a Tok'ra stepped through the gate, looking somewhat agitated. General Blue stepped forward without even acknowledging his presence, he was probably as anxious to know what news the Tok'ra was bringing. He didn't hesitate and followed the base's CO, staying a step behind him. As the base's doctor, he had the priviledge of being allowed such a thing.

((I think )
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Mia looked over at the General and replied as she lowered her hood, "Mia Jones, former USAF captain and current host the Mika." she paused, "We had tried to contact earth with no sucess either. By now you have realized that it was destroyed."
                  sigpic

Comment

Noticing Cole and trying to ignore his questions as the tok'ra approached. "Yes we are aware, yet no details are known about the reason or how it was destoryed." Blue said.

The general turned to Cole, "I understand your anixous to know everything but neither the tok'ra nor I have any answers for you Doctor." Blue motioned to Mia as he spoke.

"Please could I get you Mia to help us determine what happened?" Blue asked. Turning to the chief medical officer, "yes you can help too."

(( tiz okay CCB ))
                    (( CKO nice entrance btw ))

Comment

Sharp followed them down to the gate at the words he looked towards the ground, then back up at the Tok'ra.
                      "How do you know?"
                      Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 29 July 2009, 02:05 PM.
                      sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

"The Tok'ra have their own ways of knowing, our technology is superior to that of Earth," Mia replied softly as she looked over at Col. Sharp and afew stray tears escaped her eyes. She paused briefly as her eyes flashed as Mika took over, "I am sorry. My host is upset, she maynot be showing it right now, but i know her thoughts and emotions."
                        sigpic

Comment

"I would guess everyone would be." Sharp said quietly as he held back his emotions. 'Your a Colonel in the US Air Force! Pull yourself together!'

EDIT: (Sorry guys, I got to get some rest, the RP has gotten off to a great start and I can't wait to wee aht tomorrow has in store for us )
                          Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 29 July 2009, 02:06 PM.
                          sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Cole followed silently. His mind was a cold void as he tried to grasp the enormity of the catastrophe. His ears felt stuffed with cotton and although his expression remained neutral, he was sure his eyes reflected his internal confusion. He struggle to keep himself cool and professional, he was, after all, an officer of the USAF.

Not to mention that as a doctor, he always had to look cool and contained. It reassured everyone else.

"Have you talked to the Jaffa yet?" he asked, "They have a pretty good intelligence network across this area of space. They might know something."

He gave the Tok'ra's arm a reassuring squeeze meant for the host.

((Night, boss))
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Abby took a sharp turn through the entrance of the control room, slowed herself down and came to a stop. She noticed someone had just came through the gate and then spotted General Blue.

"General Blue, sir, I cannot believe Earth has been destroyed. What will happen to all those who still had a home back on Earth...a family...friends."

Abby was finding the whole situation hard to believe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X