• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secrets and Lies (121)

SECRETS AND LIES

Episode: 1.21
    Original Air Date: May 19, 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

While Christine and Lenori are working on the tablet, obtained in "Absolution," hoping to find the location of Ultera, the Vorian Command Council issues a formal inquiry aboard Horizon.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download this episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    10.00%
    Good
    80.00%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    10.00%
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 23 September 2005, 10:33 PM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Who can be trusted? What is the truth? These are some of the questions that you will be asking yourself as you read this episode. It is a great episode that will set the stage for the amazing season finale. I loved this cat and mouse style episode that really left me guessing until the end.
    Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
    ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
    <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I've began to re-read this episode and I still like it. I'm at the beginning of Act Four now. I quite like the interviews scene, if it was a filmed episode then I'd imagine it would be a nice fluid and well shot sequence. I also like the development this episode got going between David and Tom, and Lenori and Christine.

Anyway, off to finish the episode.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

OK I have finished this episode, and again I enjoyed it. A did have a few questions though....translating co-ordinates? Erm...what?! Also, I still found it surprising with who actually turned out to be the Kih'Andari agent. I also thought the scene with Lenori in Kalos' quarters was pretty funny. Quite enjoyed this episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          OK I have finished this episode, and again I enjoyed it. A did have a few questions though....translating co-ordinates? Erm...what?! Also, I still found it surprising with who actually turned out to be the Kih'Andari agent. I also thought the scene with Lenori in Kalos' quarters was pretty funny. Quite enjoyed this episode.
          I'm glad you again enjoyed the episode. Lenori really knows how to keep someone distracted.

Translating the co-ordinates means that they're just indicated in different cyphers, relating to the language the entire tablet is in. So, they're not written in regular numbers. It can take a moment to translate them, yet it doesn't take too long, since the next episode, "Judgment Day," picks up only hours after this one.

Comment

Wow didn't see that coming. Shouldn't have let those two in the room if you ask me. Oh boy this is gonna be a good finally can't wait to get to it.
            Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay_help_us
              Wow didn't see that coming. Shouldn't have let those two in the room if you ask me. Oh boy this is gonna be a good finally can't wait to get to it.
              Always fun to see people's reactions to these episodes. Glad you liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the season finale.

Comment

Review

It’s the penultimate episode so going in I was expecting great things from "Secrets and Lies"

I really liked the relationships explored in this episode. The friendship between Tom and David was very well done, I've said before that sometimes these two fell underused, so it was good to see them getting some proper development. Grant and Sivea made me laugh, Grant thinks she hawt! I find myself almost hoping that maybe something will develop there, but I get the feeling that if it ever did it would end in huge tears. The Christine and Lenori friendship too developed, switching the roles around, the season is kind of a mirror for them in that they've switched roles.

Throughout the episode I was wondering "What is Kalos up to?" I suspected that he would turn out to be a Kih'Andari. The cunning disguise is an old idea but when used properly very good, and in this episode it worked well.

I did wonder if the Draque and Kih'Andari were working together in their worship of the Sentinels. Though The real identity of the spy came as a surprise, as did his sudden escape with the Ultera coordinates.

A couple of points though, How long ranger are the Draque transporters? They must have a huge capability.
                And It was mentioned Earth battlecruisers are unable to travel through the Spacegate, what kind of size is the gate then? I always pictured it as pretty much a Supergate as seen on SG1.

Overall a good episode that sets up nicely for the finale by tying together a few threads and bringing a few interesting character points to light.

Oh and I'm a fan of good cliffhangers, and this one was good!
                I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
                  A couple of points though,
                  I had completely forgotten about these questions actually. Finally remembered.

How long ranger are the Draque transporters? They must have a huge capability.
                  No specific range has been established yet. But we do know they do indeed have a huge capability.

And It was mentioned Earth battlecruisers are unable to travel through the Spacegate, what kind of size is the gate then? I always pictured it as pretty much a Supergate as seen on SG1.
                  The Spacegate is smaller than a Supergate. It's only designed for ships between fifteen and twenty decks. They kind of combine elements from the Stargates in space on Atlantis, and the Supergates on SG-1.

Overall a good episode that sets up nicely for the finale by tying together a few threads and bringing a few interesting character points to light.

Oh and I'm a fan of good cliffhangers, and this one was good!
                  Thanks. I'm glad you liked it, and it's always good to see your reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                    The Spacegate is smaller than a Supergate. It's only designed for ships between fifteen and twenty decks. They kind of combine elements from the Stargates in space on Atlantis, and the Supergates on SG-1.
                    Even though this gate came first.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      Even though this gate came first.
                      That's very true. We definitely didn't steal the Spacegate idea from SG-1.

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

If you like the space and shooting guns aspect of Stargate, this isn't the episode. If you like the politicial aspect of Stargate this is a magnificent episode. The B story deals with Christine and Lenori trying to unlock the location of the tablet of Ultera. The main plot was so fascinating. My first when seeing the Vorian minster was I didn't like him. It was nice to see some charcter development about the friendship between David and Tom. I definatly didn't expect him to be working the Vorian terriost group. I was more surprised that his assistant was working for the Draqe and I was angry when they stole the tablet. The set at the of this episode leads me to believe that the S1 finale will be spectular. I suspect there will be a huge space battle. The look at Grant at end makes me beleive the writer should have put to be continued at the end of the episode.
                        Questions/Quote

1)What was the relevance of the scene with Sivok
                        2)Did Tom ever send the letter or is that in a future episode
                        Tom:I am a man with many talents
                        Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                        That's very true. We definitely didn't steal the Spacegate idea from SG-1.
                        Or did you
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                        X