Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counterpoint (Part Three of Three) (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
    The truth is really that so far we've kept it kind of vague just how advanced their hyperdrives are. I don't think it was ever addressed directly in the series, as far as I recall. So technically we could decide to go either way with it. I don't think it ever really came up so far (could be wrong, though), but my thinking was always that if they'd take their ships to our galaxy, it would probably take them a while.
    Here was my train of thought. Tell me if I'm wrong.
    Fact: The Aschedant Empire once had a war with the AncientsFact: The Ancients had intergalatic hyperdriveFact:The Enloy were once servants of the SentinelsTheory: The Ascendant Empire must be technological enough to rival the Ancients which means the Ascendant Empire must have intergalatic hyperdrives. The Enloy must have intergalatic hyperdrives because they use to work for the Sentienls
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Here was my train of thought. Tell me if I'm wrong.
      Fact: The Aschedant Empire once had a war with the AncientsFact: The Ancients had intergalatic hyperdriveFact:The Enloy were once servants of the SentinelsTheory: The Ascendant Empire must be technological enough to rival the Ancients which means the Ascendant Empire must have intergalatic hyperdrives. The Enloy must have intergalatic hyperdrives because they use to work for the Sentienls
      The Sentinels were at war with the Ancients. How exactly that worked we don't know yet actually. Did the Sentinels have their own ships? Did they use Enoly and/or Draque ships? Did the Sentinels take on a human form during this war? Those are all questions that haven't been answered... yet.

But either way, the Ascendant Empire had weapons technology that rivaled the Ancients. It doesn't mean they had hyperdrives that were as advanced as theirs. What happened was that the Ancients expanded into the Triangulum Galaxy, and the Ascendant Empire didn't like that, as they considered that galaxy their territory. So they started a fight.

But in the end, the Ancients won, and it resulted in the Sentinels being "locked out" of our universe. Again, how that happened exactly is something we have yet to find out. And as a result of this, the Ascendant Empire was severely weakened. Only much, much later did it start to rebuild itself. But today's Ascendant Empire isn't the same as the one that fought the Ancients.

So, honestly, those are all questions that are up for debate. It's also possible that the Ascendant Empire used to have more advanced technology back in the days when the Ancients were around, and that some of that technology was lost.

But those are some very good questions. And that's a perfect topic to be speculating about, until one day we'll reveal the answers... which we do intend to do at some point in the show's run.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 15 November 2007, 07:33 PM.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I'm sorry for not writing this in my orginial review, but I was kind of curious why didn't Christine carry a P-90. It goes without saying that a P-90 can do more damage than a 9mm. If it was serious enough situation, Daniel and McKay would carry a P-90
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm sorry for not writing this in my orginial review, but I was kind of curious why didn't Christine carry a P-90. It goes without saying that a P-90 can do more damage than a 9mm. If it was serious enough situation, Daniel and McKay would carry a P-90
          At that point she hadn't had all that much weapons training, which is something that's heavily changed now, of course. So it was decided that she'd just be carrying a P90. But looking back at it today, I think it would have made more sense for her to also have a P90.

Comment

Considering that the galaxy's are close enough for a Stargate network without a ZPM, shouldn't the Enloy's hyperspace capabilities allow them to reach The Milky Way
            Chase:Another City
            P.S. Horizon counts as a Stargate media
            The Triangulum Galaxy is about 3 million light years from the Milky Way which is about the same distance as between MW and Pegasus. The Daedelus takes about 2 weeks to travel between MW and Pegasus so the Valiant should be able to travel between MW and Triangulum in about the same amount of time. Earth ships, of course, have the benefit of Asgard hyperdrives. Not sure what hyperdrive capability the Enoly have in terms of intergalactic travel.

Interestingly, in addition to being in the local group, Pegasus, Triangulum and the mammoth Andromeda galaxy are all in the same general direction from the Milky Way.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/localgr.html

It isn't completely clear to me why it's possible to gate from Horizon to Triangulum without the need to dial an eighth chevron when it is necessary between Earth and Pegasus; the eighth chevron being an extra distance calculation. Likewise why not the extra needed power of a ZPM?

I should also think that it's possible to gate between Horizon and Earth despite being part of different gate networks since they're doing it between Earth and Pegasus. But since I'm still back reading season 1 perhaps this has since been accomplished.

Oh, by the way, good episode.
            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
              It isn't completely clear to me why it's possible to gate from Horizon to Triangulum without the need to dial an eighth chevron when it is necessary between Earth and Pegasus; the eighth chevron being an extra distance calculation. Likewise why not the extra needed power of a ZPM?

I should also think that it's possible to gate between Horizon and Earth despite being part of different gate networks since they're doing it between Earth and Pegasus. But since I'm still back reading season 1 perhaps this has since been accomplished.
              This does both get addressed early in Season Two actually.

Comment

Working...
              X