Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counterpoint (Part Three of Three) (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counterpoint (Part Three of Three) (118)

COUNTERPOINT

Episode: 1.18
    Original Air Date: April 28, 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

Chase, Sivea, and Melanos come to realize that their best bet will be to listen to the Sentinels, and work with Sivok in order to retake Horizon.

With less than two hours until the full Enoly fleet passes the Spacegate into the MW-Galaxy, Grant, Tom, and Christine must fight to regain control over the station, which is boarded by Enoly troops.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download this episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    41.67%
    Good
    41.67%
    Fair
    8.33%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    8.33%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Definitely the best of the "trilogy" of TE, IPS, and C. I loved the ongoing action, and of course Sivok. I like Sivok's being reasonable here, and I also like his ongoing conflict of his alignments later in the season. I hope he stays around for a long time.

I look forward to seeing a bunch of pissed off Enoly later on, too.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

What a way to end this 3 part Enoly roller-coaster! This was an action lover's dream come true!! This episode had some of the best action scenes of the whole season coupled with the coolest Draque in the whole universe! Sivok was amazing in this episode. I can't wait to see the "new and improved" Loral and a legion of pissed off Alpha Guards in Season 2!!
      Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
      ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
      <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I find this interesting: Draque vs Enoly, not what you'd expect. Especially after all the hype about the Enoly and their power in the Ascendant Empire during their "good old days."

Nice twist of storyline. Now, when does Sivok ascend? (<- joking)
        This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

That would be Season 17.
          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I rather like Sivok. He's gonna be a cool character.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
              That would be Season 17.
              Thanks for the laugh.
              RoFL!
              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Very good ending loved it. Can't wait to see how loral makes use of kardos. I also liked Sivok in this episode, but can't help but think he will only betray in the future.
                Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed it. What Loral does with Kardos, and what direction Sivok's character takes, are both very important plotlines later on in season two and beyond.
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I really love Sivok and his interactions with Grant.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Review

What a way to finish this awesome three part story!

The Sentinels are very very interesting, just how bad are they??

Chase is still obsessed with his watch, I don’t think it went too far, it still amused me every when he brought it up.

There was great exploration of the Ancient/Sentinel history and Ultera was a definite "ooooooooh" moment.

Grant's situation on horizon was a huge dilema, the team were rally put to the test in this one, more than any previous episode.

The Enoly too have become even more interesting. They believe the Sentinels are gods, and yet they think that its about time they became gods themselves and took the Sentinels place. Their philosophy is pretty awesome and again sets them apart from other enemies in the SG Universe

The neural encoding idea was also something I really liked, both in the Draque and in the Enoly. And on top of having the Draque KNOW that their loyalty is genetically encoded into them, which adds some real oddness to them. The new Draque cloaks too were cool, adding another level of danger to them.

I liked the toxin plan, it felt very much like a "Stargate" plan. Though the Toxin was a pretty nasty way to kill the Enoly, which in a way generated a bit of sympathy, made them more rounded as an enemy.

What happened to Yusuf was a big shock, though its impact was dulled slightly by his survival.

The episode was a fantastic conclusion to a fantastic three part story. This episode really lived up to the promise of the previous two. And there is so much to look forward to! Ultera, the Nebulons (is that database the key to finding Ultera??), Loral/Kardos...

Simply Outstanding.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                        Apparently I am in the minority. Even though Counterpoint was good In Pugatory's Shadow was better. I guese Chase was following the old saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Working with The Draque/Sentienls was truely remarkable. They definatly weren't getting along. I didn't quite comprehend the logic. So there is a three way race to find find Ultera. Why do I have feeling that will be tied into the season finale. On to Grant's station sabatoge. Truly remarkable, apparently David and Grant are smarter than the Enloy gave them credit for. It would have been so cool?* if this was televised, to see the space battle between the Enloy and Valiant/Vorian fleet.?* I wonder what happens to Sivok considering that he's injured and in the infirmiry.?* Probably the best part was at the end where?* we realize that the Enloy are controlling the Tokra
                        Questions/Favorite Quote
                        [LEFT]Considering that the galaxy's are close enough for a Stargate network without a ZPM, shouldn't the Enloy's hyperspace capabilities allow them to reach The Milky Way
                        Chase:Another City
                        P.S. Horizon counts as a Stargate media
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I didn't quite comprehend the logic.
                          The Enoly at this point were trying to take over the Ascendant Empire. Go from being part of the empire to actually leading the empire. As I recall, they did have a pretty important role, but some of them -- led by Dureg -- were trying to enhance their role. Basically get rid of the Sentinels, and take their place. I know there's a moment in there where Gorlon tells Grant that he thinks its time for the Enoly to become the "new sentinels."

And the Draque are loyal to the Sentinels, so they're actually working for the Sentinels, and against the Enoly. So it's really an internal power struggle within the Ascendant Empire.

So there is a three way race to find find Ultera. Why do I have feeling that will be tied into the season finale.
                          I don't know. What could have possible given you that idea?

Considering that the galaxy's are close enough for a Stargate network without a ZPM, shouldn't the Enloy's hyperspace capabilities allow them to reach The Milky Way?
                          Theoretically they could fly their ships from the Triangulum Galaxy to the Milky Way, but it would take them a very long time. Their hyperdrives aren't as advanced as the Asgard hyperdrives are.

P.S. Horizon counts as a Stargate media
                          Hmm. I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to seeing what you think of the upcoming episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                            I don't know. What could have possible given you that idea?
                            It is similiar to S7 of SG-1 when they are tryingto find Atlantis to defeat Anubis
                            Theoretically they could fly their ships from the Triangulum Galaxy to the Milky Way, but it would take them a very long time. Their hyperdrives aren't as advanced as the Asgard hyperdrives are.Hmm. I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure.
                            I was under the impression that the Enloy had intergalatic hyperdrives like us.?* I was refering to my new sig
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I was under the impression that the Enloy had intergalatic hyperdrives like us.?*
                              The truth is really that so far we've kept it kind of vague just how advanced their hyperdrives are. I don't think it was ever addressed directly in the series, as far as I recall. So technically we could decide to go either way with it. I don't think it ever really came up so far (could be wrong, though), but my thinking was always that if they'd take their ships to our galaxy, it would probably take them a while.

I was refering to my new sig
                              Oh, I see. I didn't notice that earlier actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X