The Enoly (Part One of Three) (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review

Just the title got me excited about this one. The Enoly! After such a big build up both in teh previous episodes and on this forum. But I wondered if it could really live up to the hype...

In short: Hell Yeah!

Packed with great moments. The Enoly being water creatures was a surprise and a really cool idea, I was wondering how they were going to be different from other species we've encountered. Great job on making them unique and interesting.

The Ascendant are looking for something, something big and important. Perhaps an indication to what their big plan for the season is really about?

Grant hasn't really had much serious character development and it was good to see him. His attitude of trying to be peaceful was admirable but felt a bit foolish, considering what they've heard about them and that they are supposed to be working for their big enemy.

Though, President Hayes is mentioned, who is the current US president in the SG universe, isn;t his time up by this point in time?

A great cliffhanger, a solid introduction to the Enoly and excellent all round really.
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
      Just the title got me excited about this one. The Enoly! After such a big build up both in teh previous episodes and on this forum. But I wondered if it could really live up to the hype...

In short: Hell Yeah!

Packed with great moments. The Enoly being water creatures was a surprise and a really cool idea, I was wondering how they were going to be different from other species we've encountered. Great job on making them unique and interesting.
      I'm glad you like the Enoly, because they're around to stay for a while. When I first read this, I also liked the concept of water creatures.

The Ascendant are looking for something, something big and important. Perhaps an indication to what their big plan for the season is really about?
      Perhaps.

Grant hasn't really had much serious character development and it was good to see him. His attitude of trying to be peaceful was admirable but felt a bit foolish, considering what they've heard about them and that they are supposed to be working for their big enemy.
      Aside from the Vorians we haven't been making too many friends on Horizon. There are several Vorians who don't quite appreciate Horizon's presence, and our encounter with the Draque didn't work out too well. Foolish, maybe, but I think he knows we need allies. I'm sure the decision to try to befriend the Enoly might grate on Grant for a while.

Though, President Hayes is mentioned, who is the current US president in the SG universe, isn;t his time up by this point in time?
      Seeing as he was elected in 2004, and this takes place in 2011, he would still be in office in his second term, hoping that he gets reelected. However, the election of the following year, 2012, would be when his term ends.

A great cliffhanger, a solid introduction to the Enoly and excellent all round really.
      Glad you enjoyed it, and I look forward to your comments on the next two parts.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Ahh, for some reason I thought Horizon was 2015. No idea where I got that from.
        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Not yet, but we hope to make it to that year, which would be season five.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

My thought while reading this episode, is how cool it would like if it existed in television form. The space battle and biosphere sound interesting. Not to mention you ended the episode on a high note
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

This was my first episode of Horizon!

I really liked The Enoly (the species)

And even after reading many other Horizon episodes... "The Enoly" remains my defiinite favorite

Comment

Working...
              X