• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contagion (115)

CONTAGION

Episode: 1.15
    Original Air Date: March 17, 2005
    Written by Sam Jones

As a Tok'ra colony is infected with a deadly virus, Lenori is asked to assist them in finding a cure. As Lenori and Christine arrive on the planet, Lenori must face a past that is not his own, and discovers that an old enemy might not be dead after all.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download this episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    30.77%
    Good
    30.77%
    Fair
    23.08%
    Poor
    15.38%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

This was a super cool episode in my opinion. It solely focuses on the Tok' ra, Dr Lenori and Chris and this is perhaps why some people might not like it. I on the other hand loved it because it it brings up us to speed on a major Tok' ra development and really really turns Dr Lenori from a supporting character into a major one. We get treated to some great Dr L back-stories and how he became a Tok' ra. However, don't let that fool you into thinking that this is a boring episode. It is a great thriller of an episode and the ending is quite surprising to say the least! Simply awesome stuff
    Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
    ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
    <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I Thought this episode was a very good one also. It was good to learn more about Lenori and how he became a tok'ra. Very dark ending too. Can't wait Enoly is next!!
      Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

I enjoyed this for Lennys development but something else about it seemed off. I'm not sure. Was a good episode none-the-less.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

A pretty solid episode. Nice to finally see Lenori get an episode, and some development.

Good ending - it's quite a surprise that they don't manage to find a cure.

Comment

Review

I have to admit when I saw the episode title "Contagion" I was immediately concerned. The deadly virus episode is one that pops up in pretty much every tv series with varying degrees of success. However Season One strikes me as a good idea to get it out of the way.

Nice bit of team interaction at the start is always nice to see. As I read this I wondered exactly how the virus would be introduced, would one of our team suddenly collapse. But no, the scene ends with no such event.

Chris and Lenori's early conversation made me really really groan with disappointment. Gate symbol language?? Noooooooooo!! I cried. Lenori: "Its a reasonable assumption" No, it's really not. If there was any kind of language to be discovered Daniel and other linguists would have had it all sorted years ago!

The teaser did however bring a surprising direction (I don't read the episode blurbs), the virus is nothing to do with the Horizon, but the Tok'Ra!

Again nice to see character development, this time around it's Lenori's background getting explored. It did feel a little like Christine was just tagging along so that there was another Horizon character on the Tok'Ra colony.

Why would Zentaurian physiology protect the symbiote? The question was answered in part but not fully.

When the Goa'uld were mentioned I again groaned, since SG-1 have polished them off. Fortunately later revelations allowed this development to fit into a more satisfying plot.

Overall it was disappointing. There was no real sense of peril, or sympathy for those being infected by the virus. It didn't make sense really why it was being created in the first place, some seriously flawed logic.

The Episode was an interesting device for getting to know Lenori and his origin story though, and the final dark twist was unexpected and actually kinda cool.
            I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
              Chris and Lenori's early conversation made me really really groan with disappointment. Gate symbol language?? Noooooooooo!! I cried. Lenori: "Its a reasonable assumption" No, it's really not. If there was any kind of language to be discovered Daniel and other linguists would have had it all sorted years ago!
              It was in Lost City. It's the thing where each symbol represents a sound, making 'Taonas Proclarush'.

Comment

Yahuh, he's very right.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

His is indeed, I apologise to Mr Jones.
                  I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

It has finally happened. I have been waiting to learn about Lenori (Did I spell it right) since I started reading Horizon. There was a great that I learned about his life and his Tok'ra. This may sound cruel but I was glad that he didn't have the answer to the Tok'ra problems. Tomorrow I read The Enloy, I am so exictied to start a three parter.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                    X