• Show
Clear All

Collision (114)

COLLISION

Episode: 1.14
    Original Air Date: March 10, 2005
    Story by Alex Rubit
    Teleplay by Steven Cameron & Alex Rubit

As the team discovers a dangerous ship-like weapon, which is on course for an inhabited planet, a race against the clock begins, as they must find a way to stop this doomsday weapon on time.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    38.46%
    Good
    53.85%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    7.69%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Collision was a great episode. It said a lot about all the major character and its great to see some more background for david who is a really interesting character.
    "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
    I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Its one of the best of the season IMHO!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This was an amazing episode that really gripped me. I mean not only is there this great sense of urgency that this WMD must be disarmed in time, but we also learn a little bit more of the "shadows" that influence this galaxy's inhabitants. Furthermore, the character developments, a slight look into another "advanced race", and David's background story make it a firm favorite of mine.
        Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
        ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
        <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Wow, Loved this episode. Impending doom, Character developement, empire of the shadow, and more hints at the enoly. Can't wait to finally meet them by the way. This probably was one of the best so far!
          Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

But it also reeked of "homage", just like Fallen. This is also one of my favorite episodes. Got to know and love Tom.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Review

In a word, "Collision" is Outstanding.

I loved the opening scene showing the team being bored while not running around saving the universe. The Star Trek reference made me smile greatly
              The teaser was a fantastic hook and Wooooo! A David centered episode.

I immediately thought just blow the damn weapon up. But the massive size of it and the fact that it was clearly designed to be difficult to destroy quickly doomed that idea.

Da'vin was a great guest character, getting to know the people of the endangered planet built some nice suspense. Their connection to the Ascendant (at least I assume that's who the "Shadows" are) was unexpected. Though I was a little concerned that they might be a bit too Ori (I’m not sure, were the Ori around when this episode was written?)

The Earth reference got me curious as to exactly how much everyone knows, and what life on earth is like now that the Stargate is public knowledge.

Sato being involved and a few recurring background characters gives the show a bigger feel, a bit like at Atlantis.

It was great to get some David development, all the characters were well fleshed out (with the exception of maybe Tom).

Overall, outstanding and again a lovely little bit of progress on the Ascendant arc.
              I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
                Review

In a word, "Collision" is Outstanding.

I loved the opening scene showing the team being bored while not running around saving the universe. The Star Trek reference made me smile greatly
                The teaser was a fantastic hook and Wooooo! A David centered episode.
                And there's plenty more David episodes to come.

I immediately thought just blow the damn weapon up. But the massive size of it and the fact that it was clearly designed to be difficult to destroy quickly doomed that idea.

Da'vin was a great guest character, getting to know the people of the endangered planet built some nice suspense. Their connection to the Ascendant (at least I assume that's who the "Shadows" are) was unexpected. Though I was a little concerned that they might be a bit too Ori (I’m not sure, were the Ori around when this episode was written?)
                While I wasn't around during Season One, I don't believe this episode was written after the Ori. It is possible, however, that the Ori had been announced, but "Avalon, Part One" had not yet premiered.

The Earth reference got me curious as to exactly how much everyone knows, and what life on earth is like now that the Stargate is public knowledge.
                You'll be pleased to hear that this is explored down the line.

Sato being involved and a few recurring background characters gives the show a bigger feel, a bit like at Atlantis.

It was great to get some David development, all the characters were well fleshed out (with the exception of maybe Tom).

Overall, outstanding and again a lovely little bit of progress on the Ascendant arc.
                Glad you enjoyed it, and as usual I enjoyed the comments.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

This episode showed remorse on the part of David. I was able to learn a little more about the Ascendant Empire. I look forward to reading the next episode
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    This episode showed remorse on the part of David. I was able to learn a little more about the Ascendant Empire. I look forward to reading the next episode
                    Glad you enjoyed this episode.
                    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
                    X