• Show
Clear All

Glory of Bre'nok (113)

GLORY OF BRE'NOK

Episode: 1.13
    Original Air Date: February 17, 2005
    Story by Alex Rubit & Jordan Mounteer
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit

Desperately in need of help, Horizon is contacted by the Aschen Commander and rebel leader Seeta. While Chase takes the Valiant to the main rebellion base in the Bre’nok system, Grant, Sivea, and Christine accompany Seeta to a planet inhabited by a mysterious race of humans.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    30.77%
    Good
    23.08%
    Fair
    38.46%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    7.69%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

This was a great episode that continues Seeta's struggle for independence. Furthermore, we also learn of a really powerful race that isn't really what it seems to be at first. This episode is chock o' block with action scenes and an excellent space battle
    Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
    ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
    <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Liked this one. Lots of action and we meet a new advanced race who are studying us (hmm sounds familiar). What reprecusions do we face in getting involved in attacking the Aschen? Can't wait to find out!
      Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

I didn't really like this episode. The ones which feature old races from SG1 aren't my favorites in Horizon.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If not, the Aschen will be making another appearence in late season two. I do hope that you might enjoy it, if not for the Aschen as a people than maybe for Elin and Seeta as individual characters.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the MacGyver bit...

Kind of figured out that the Atohsians were ascended or something, when the main one started going "You do not understand. They cannot harm us."

Other than that, it was quite a good episode, although I didn't think it was as good as 'Rise of the Aschen', which is still my favourite episode so far.

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's actually a third episode in the "Aschen trilogy" that I happen to like the most, but its a long way off if you're reading through the episodes one by one.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Review

Again hooked me straight away, I love like this that follow up on set up from previous episodes.

The MacGyver reference made me smile, a lot, even if it was a bit corny.

The situation was very Stargate, capturing the feel of SG1 and SGA very well. It was great to see the team spilt in two and working on the same problem from two very different sides.

It bothered me a bit that Lenori had another perfect solution to the problem, it feels a bit of a cop out having him instantly know exactly how to sort everything out. Surely Chase or even David could have come up with the plan?

The Artohsians struck me as a little like the Nox, but they had their differences and ended up having rather different philosophies

There were a couple of points where spelling/grammer wasn't right.

And the end to the Seeta situation was a bit deux ex machina, but the aliens stopping short of saving the day and leaving it up to the "bad guy" was a nice touch

Overall an excellent episode, well balanced, action packed and progressed one of the main storylines so far in the season.
                I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Omg the Macgyver bit was hilarous and i laughed out loud when i read it. Great momement.

I loved to see the aschen again and Elin's change of heart. I thought he would become the face of evil for the Aschen but uve suprised me yet again and made him switch sides which i liked.

I loved Chase trying to interact with the Reborn on Bre'nok.

I definiatley look to see this storyline devolped even more as the series continues on.

Great episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm afraid that wont come until the ass end of S2.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                    X