• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equilibrium (112)

EQUILIBRIUM

Episode: 1.12
    Original Air Date: February 10, 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

Grant, Sivea, Chase, and Tom encounter a group of Vorians on a planet, who follows a philosophy which is forbidden by Vorian law. These Vorians posses telepathic ability far beyond ordinary Vorian.

Very soon it will become clear just how powerful Vorian telepathy can be, and to what extent it can be abused...

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, the stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    16.67%
    Good
    41.67%
    Fair
    41.67%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Talk about force powers! This episode was great on soooo many layers. It provides a huge insight into the Vorian's history, develops Sivea in a great way, and contains a gripping fight at the end. Excellent reading
    Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
    ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
    <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Story was okay for me. Nothing special. Did like how we got to know more about Vorian history. Also the kind of powers Sivea has. Maybe it was better than I thought lol. Oh well on to the next!
      Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay_help_us
        Story was okay for me. Nothing special. Did like how we got to know more about Vorian history. Also the kind of powers Sivea has. Maybe it was better than I thought lol. Oh well on to the next!
        Yeah, this was more of a quiet, character driven episode. I agree, I thought it gave us a great opportunity for learning some more about Vorian history, and just how powerful telepaths some Vorians (including Sivea) can be.

Glad you liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think about the upcoming episodes.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Review

Straight away I was interested, more Vorian development is very welcome, especially since its following up on what's been mentioned before rather then introducing entirely new facets.

Sivea also got a lot of attention and more revealtions about her past and getting deeper into her character. In some ways I like this, but at the same time I can;t help wondering about everyone elses story's. We hardly know anything about Grant, and really nothing about David for example.

Chase being a hit with the alien woman again was amusing.

But:

In places the episode was really really slow and even boring. It felt like there was a lot of just sitting around and talking.

Me'Vel was clearly a bad guy from the start.

The episode picked up towards the end, and actually I almost hoped that Chase was actually dead, because that would have been a hugely brave and shocking twist to the episode.

Overall it was okay, like the episode before it rather so-so
          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese
            Review

Straight away I was interested, more Vorian development is very welcome, especially since its following up on what's been mentioned before rather then introducing entirely new facets.
            Readers or viewers of any series do enjoy previous plot threads being followed up on, and it's something we like to do often. Expect to learn a lot about Vorian towards the end of season one and throughout season two.

Sivea also got a lot of attention and more revealtions about her past and getting deeper into her character. In some ways I like this, but at the same time I can;t help wondering about everyone elses story's. We hardly know anything about Grant, and really nothing about David for example.
            With such a large cast, it can definitely be difficult to focus on all the characters, but it's something we make a conscious effort to do throughout each season, with each character having an episode or arc that centers around them. We don't know much about David at this point, but there is an upcoming episode where we learn a bit about him, and eventually a lot more. Grant as well. It will take some time to get to know these people a bit more, and their pasts.

Chase being a hit with the alien woman again was amusing.
            There's Chase for you.

But:

In places the episode was really really slow and even boring. It felt like there was a lot of just sitting around and talking.
            Can't comment much on this, as I wasn't on staff when the ep was written. I enjoyed learning about the Cai'nan and what not, and that alone made the episode entertaining for me. To each his own; can't score with every ep.

Me'Vel was clearly a bad guy from the start.
            Perhaps so.

The episode picked up towards the end, and actually I almost hoped that Chase was actually dead, because that would have been a hugely brave and shocking twist to the episode.

Overall it was okay, like the episode before it rather so-so
            Most definitely, but killing a regular in the middle of the first season is indeed shocking, but I don't think anyone would want to see a developing character have his development cut short twelve episodes in for the sake of shock value. I admit, it would have come unexpected.

As Alex said, I enjoy reading these reviews of yours. Comments are always appreciated, and I like both the criticisms and compliments. Here's to hoping you keep reading.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Oh, you'll love David's episode! It's fantastic!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Another good Sivea episode. Good devolp ment for her character and her relationships with Chase and Grant.

I really like the Vorian Telpathy being visited even more.

I liked the hole idea of the Cainain philospy and learning more about the Vorians histroy.

I look forward to seeing these people again because i think they would be great in a sequel episode.

Another good episode.
                sigpic

Comment

I decided to re-read this to refresh my mind about the Cai'nan. I'd hoped to get it done before Thursday but oh well, better late than never. This is an episode that never really stuff out in my mind and after re-reading it, I'm pretty shocked that it didn't.

This is one of the better S1 episodes I've read. Some really interesting backstory for the Vorians and some cracking developement for Sivea. Shame it only really came back in...Trepidation was it? Cindy's episode. I'll have to re-read that too.

Was pretty long though and some if it went along slowly. But it brought back memories of Saturday mornings 3 years ago. I'd be up at 8am, reading the latest Horizon episode I hadn't had time to read in the week. Lol. Anyway, good episode.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                  X