• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gambit (111)

GAMBIT

Episode: 1.11
    Original Air Date: Februrary 3, 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

The Horizon team make contact with an advanced species from the Triangulum Galaxy; the Telurans. But things are not as they seem, as the Draque apparently attempt to sabotage the naquadah reactor on Horizon.

Very soon the team realize there is a far greater threat out there...

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, then stop back here for disussion.
    Outstanding
    42.86%
    Good
    42.86%
    Fair
    7.14%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    7.14%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I really do enjoy this, the Telurans are a very cool advanced race, not as arogant as the other advance races, seems like they'll be useful like the Asgard.
    The Nebulans seem more mysterious and we know they do indeed become useful again later on. Some nice development for Grant aswell.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I really enjoyed Gambit. Some interesting revelations involving the Draque.
      "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
      I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        I really do enjoy this, the Telurans are a very cool advanced race, not as arogant as the other advance races, seems like they'll be useful like the Asgard.
        I agree with this of Telurans. A good episode but kind of weird, in a good sense of a way.

Comment

This was an excellent nail biting episode that introduced a really advanced race to the SGH universe. A really cool mystery based episode. Great stuff
          Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
          ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
          <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

This was probably one of the best eps. so far IMO. The Nebulans and ascendant conflict and how we and the vorians fit into it. And how the Draque just let SGH go, wierd. Can't wait to read more!!
            Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

And "The Enoly" draws ever closer.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Ye, I like this one. It's a really cool episode.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay_help_us
                  This was probably one of the best eps. so far IMO. The Nebulans and ascendant conflict and how we and the vorians fit into it. And how the Draque just let SGH go, wierd. Can't wait to read more!!
                  Thanks. I'm glad you've been enjoying the series so far.

I don't want to give anything away, but I'll say the Nebulan will become quite an interesting part of the series as a whole. But, more on that later.
                  Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Specifically in Judgement Day
                    sigpic

Comment

I know I usually say you got your wind at Enoly, but this was one of those episodes early on where you got it right. I loved the story and the way it creates the threads for later stories. Those pesky Nebulans, are they allies or not?
                      sigpic

Comment

Review

I feel "Gambit" is a bit of a mixed bag. I can't decide if I liked it or not.

From an arc point of view its interesting. Yet Another mystery species has arrived in the form of the Nebulons Good/Bad? somewhere in between. I really don't have a clue, the Horizon team were left confused and so was I! The Draque also behaved very strangely. Generally an episode full of odd behavour.

I think my dislike might be coming from the fact that as a part of the arc its good, but as an individual episode it wasn't great

The Tok'ra anti-detection isotope felt a bit wrong somehow, I'm not sure why, it might be something do with it seeming like the Lenori has had the perfect device for solving the problem a number of times.

I was suspicious of Fuller from the beginning, though I was thinking he was some kind of Ascendant operative, so it was a good surprise that he turned out Nebulon.

The series is really building up quite a vast mythology, with a lot of cool set up. As I'm getting into the second half of the season I hope some of the set up starts to pay off before even more set up is added.

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I thought it was execelent.

I loved that we got to see more of the draque and the ascendent empire. I like Sivok as a reacurring character that gives the bad guys a face.

I also liked the whole Nebulan thing. Good or Bad? We dont know that was kool.

I liked the Telurans too.

I really thought that is was a good episode and helped the story arc alot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X