• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatae Memoriae (109)

BEATAE MEMORIAE

Episode: 1.09
    Original Air Date: January 20, 2005
    Written by Amy Hill

As the Horizon team finds themselves stranded on a planet, covered by an energy field, they encounter a group of peaceful inhabitants imprisoned by the Ascendant Empire.

But things are not quite as they seem...

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, and then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    41.67%
    Good
    41.67%
    Fair
    8.33%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    8.33%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Another good one. It was a good Sivea character episode. We learn more about the Vorians telepathy.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      Another good one. It was a good Sivea character episode. We learn more about the Vorians telepathy.
      I'm glad you liked it.

I also think it's a great episode; and here I can say that, because I didn't write it.

I like the fact that you can't really tell for sure what's going on until the end of the episode. I liked this idea a lot from the moment it was pitched.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I quite like this one, some interesting twists!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I loved this one, greatly written.

I was also thinking about an alternate way of writing it, in which maybe even the reader didn't know that Grant and David truly came with them. For instance, it opens with only Sivea, Christine, Chase, and Tom and later we figure out that the others were there. It's all point of view.

This way also had its upsides, because this offerred much more insight into Sivea. Either way is good, and the episode as a whole was excellent.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Ah this was another outstanding episode IMHO. I loved the whole "is she or isn't she losing her mind thing ?" It was a great insight into the Vorian's telepathic abilities and their history. Great episode from start to finish
            Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
            ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
            <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I liked this one it was interesting. I was wondering why the ascendant decided to let these people live? Was it because of thier telepathy, and they wanted to study them? Anyway I can't wait to see what these Enoly are all about either.
              Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Twas an interesting episode, not my favorite but one of the better ones of the first season. It was quite an interesting Sivea episode.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Review

Wow exploring with the glider, the horizon team are certainly not short of options when it comes to exploring!

Great banter between the team at the start

My reaction when it became apparent the Ascendant were involved was YAY!

I loved the oddness of the episode, rather subtly done and I did start to wonder if Sivea was going crazy. I really am a big fan of odd little concepts like the one in this episode.

My first thought when the generator came into it was "Blow it up!"

The Enoly sound ominous, ANOTHER enemy species for our heroes to go up against, they sure are making a LOT of powerful enemies, and it's still in the first half of Season One!

Nice mystery set up, even though "villiagers with some big secret" is a very common SG1/SGA plot device.

I would have liked a tab more of the memory muddling, and the conclusion felt a little rushed and not entirely satisfying after the great build up. And the shield turned out to be not very difficult after all.

Overall a cracking episode, with a neat concept, character development and moving the big Ascendant story ever forward.
                  I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Good episode.

I liked the fact that we got to see more about the Ascendent empire and were introduced to the Enoly.

I also liked how the naitives of the planet were much like the vorians because they were suspicious like them.

Another good one for Siveas character.

I escpecially liked the part where they discussed the clouds. Very entertaining and i love those kinds of moments in a story.

Good ep. Looking forward for more on the Enoly and the Ascendents.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode too. I found reading it that the story flowed very nicely. (Or am I just getting better at reading these scripts?)

There was a familiarity to it as well as it reminded me of similar off-world backwoods settings so typically encountered by both SG-1 and the Atlantis team, yet the story was original in its own right.

Still three seasons behind and moving right along.
                      My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I liked it and agree with everyone that it was a good story for Sivea. And like always, i loved Chase. Hilarious as usual.
                        Far from home
                        A man searches for hope.
                        Far from home, he finds it.

Comment

Working...
                        X