• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Play (108)

POWER PLAY

Episode: 1.08
    Original Air Date: December 23, 2004
    Written by Alex Rubit

Horizon is asked by the Vorian Command Council to search for some missing Vorian archaeologists who were trying to find a legendary Ancient artifact.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    15.38%
    Good
    76.92%
    Fair
    7.69%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I enjoyed it a great deal more the second time. Really cool myth involvement and some great character development for Sivea. The whole thing on Horizon was funny, Lenori and Chase where great, somewhat disappointed when we didn't go back to Horizon in act four, but a really good episode!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      I enjoyed it a great deal more the second time. Really cool myth involvement and some great character development for Sivea. The whole thing on Horizon was funny, Lenori and Chase where great, somewhat disappointed when we didn't go back to Horizon in act four, but a really good episode!
      I have only read it once but I agree with EAG on his assement. Escpecially the whole thing on Horizon. I wonder what Lenori said (or did) to the Vorians to make them change their minds.

Since Ben Browder has a major role in the Stargate Universe, the person that played 'Trip' on Enterprise would make a great Chase, IMO.

Comment

that medal was a lot like that ancient vulcan weapon in an episode of tng and the temple collapsing on the medal was a lot like how the temple in that sg1 episode collapsed onto that eye

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
          that medal was a lot like that ancient vulcan weapon in an episode of tng and the temple collapsing on the medal was a lot like how the temple in that sg1 episode collapsed onto that eye
          If you're saying that we tend to get ideas from other shows or episodes, sorry, I have to disapoint you there. The SG-1 episode you're talking about must be "The Tomb," and if you take in account a big old ancient building, some dark tunnels, and the building collapsing in the end...yup, then this episode here is very similiar. If you look at the overall story, this episode is very different.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I liked this one. I'm wondering if perhaps this ancient weapon has truly been destroyed with the temple, or if leaving it there will come back to haunt our heroes in a distant Season Seven, perhaps?

Nice Sivea episode, and Chase/Lenori/inspectors back on Horizon was a plesant break every now and then from the exploration and later the escaping. Oh, how I will miss fair Lenori.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

This was a very good episode (but since the poll only had Good I went for that ) It was nice to good back to exploration type episodes (although that didn't last for long in this episode!) and it was really cool to sorta meet Sivea's dad. I just wish that they hadn't destroyed the temple
              Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
              ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
              <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

This episode was good. I agree with the others the horizon inspections was a funny break in the action. It was also good to see the draque back again too. I do see this artifact coming back again to cause trouble.
                Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay_help_us
                  I do see this artifact coming back again to cause trouble.
                  I don't think so..I mean they stressed how dangerous it was.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Review

More ace exploration, WOO!

The Ancient connection to the Greeks was interesting and the whole Samos thing was very classic Stargate, bringing together Earth mythology and the Stargate universe.

Great to see the return of the Draque, I'd almost been missing those guys!

Sivea's dad was an excellent surprise element that added depth to the episode, up until then I wasn't too sure what kind of a direction it was all going in. Really enjoying the development in charcter and in the history of the Vorians.

Nice reference to the Tollon episode, it’s always great when a series is aware that it is a series and that characters would mention things from the past episodes.

The Horizon inspection was a nice diversion, but felt a little unnecessary, particularly as it didn't really go anywhere (other than revealing that Lenori has some really cool tech).

The medal story didn't really grab me, but all of the character and culture developments made "Powerplay" a fairly good episode.
                    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Good episode.

I loved loved the mythology links to earth and the ancients. It made it feel like an early sg-1 episode and brought back one of the things that made me fall in love with the series.

Exploring Siveas past was important and i like the character devolpment for her.

I like that the Draque were brought back and still showed as fomidable enemys.
                      Im dying to find out more about the Ascendent Empire and how the ancients defeated them the first time.

Good episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X