• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Survivors (106)

THE SURVIVORS

Episode: 1.06
    Original Air Date: December 9th, 2004
    Written by Alex Rubit

While exploring a planet, Grant and his team discover survivors of a Tollan ship that crashed there nearly ten years ago. While providing help Colonel Grant and Captain Connor are captured by the indigenous species that lives on this world, and discover these Tollan harbour a dark secret regarding this primitive alien species.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    31.25%
    Good
    31.25%
    Fair
    31.25%
    Poor
    6.25%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Another good one. Getting better towards great. Glad to know that some Tollan did survive Tollana.

Comment

I personally don't like these episodes, featuring the tolan and the aschen!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I kind of found this episode to be pretty boring. The opening teaser, and up to the point when they went to the Tollan village was all good, but then it seemed to just remind me of one of the old Ewok movies made back in the 80's, and made me not even care that the Tollan had survived.

Comment

this reminded me a lot of the sg1 episode enemy mine

Comment

This episode was alright. Kind of wished Grant let the aliens kill the tollans. J/k I never really liked the tollans there untrustworthy and arrogant.
            Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Ye, this isn't one of my favorites. Interesting none-the-less.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well, you seem to have the old "nice friendly people are up to something shady" thing down to a tee...

Not a bad episode, but I didn't think it was great either - average/good.

Comment

Elles liked a lot. Elles found it interesting. Elles will stop talking in third person now...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Review

Again another new and interesting angle for the season to take. The season really does feel like a first season tv show, which is full of the sort of episodes we've seen reccently, setting up a basic mythology and such. This is very much a good thing!

Nice to see a familliar species making an appearence and a follow up story to events seen in SG-1. It really makes the series feel like its part of the same universe.

The Tollon here do seem a rather different, and I wasn't really too convinced that such an advanced culture would suffer such a decline in their ways. But as the episode went on it became clear that is wasn't the Tollon as a whole that had declined so drastically, just their leader. His descent was interesting and showed the Tollon in a more emotionally vulnerable way than we've seen before.

Again there are the same bad points as before spelling/prose/some dodgy dialogue. The show seems to be really pulling away from Enterprise now, there were some vague simmilarities. And there was a moment taht felt a bit like "Enemy Mine" from SG-1.

Overall though I didn't enjoy the episode as much as the previous two, but it was still a solid first season episode.
                    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

This is actually one of my favorites so far.

I like to see old sg-1 plots used in and it really was good to see some tollan alive.

I like the story alot. It showed that the tollan had a dark and light side.

Good episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

i wasnt to fond of this episode, the start was interesting but then i started to lose interest half way threw it, its good to see some familiar cultures from SG1, it did in a way follow how the tollan act, with them being arrogant and saying everyone is primitive. How ever i did like how the leader was curropted from the past and was seeking revenge, all in all it was an alright episode, i mean u cant expect every episode to be awesome, as there are some pretty boring episodes of stargate (like the plant one with them people getting sick). This is much like a 1st season how each episode shows different cultures and introduces new ones, so u can possible use them again in future episodes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X