Other Cultures... (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review

"Other Cultures" is pretty darn awesome.

Excellent exploration/meeting new culture, a big part of what makes Stargate great. This episode really felt like it could really fit into the Stargate universe.

The humor was pretty much bang on Stargate-style with a few laugh-out-loud moments.

Good theme, though I wasn't entirely convinced by the oppressed people, it would have been interesting to go into more detail about the strict rules. In some ways it almost felt like the team were helping a small rebel movement overthrow a perfectly legitimate government. Fortunately Solis turned out to be a nasty guy all round and deserving of a bit of ass-kicking.

Again there are a few bits of dodgy dialogue and spelling mistakes. While the episode is similar again to the equivalent Enterprise episode it was significantly different.

Overall a second good episode, the series seems to be finding its feet now, and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Great epi...

I was laughing almost the whole time. You can't help but love Chase. Definitly my fav character so far. He's the witty little sidekick. Love him
      Far from home
      A man searches for hope.
      Far from home, he finds it.

Comment

Loved it loved it loved it.

Def in my top 3 of season1 right now.(im not done with season 1)

Chase and Ariana were two great characters and i loved the chemistry.

It was really good written episode with a great plot.
        I definitely want to see the Ventorians again especially Ariana.

Great episode ill have to re-read it.
        sigpic

Comment

hands down this has been my favourite episode, the humour is just gold, and you have captured ben browder so well in these episodes, very well done and i look forward to the next one.
          sigpic

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it. This is the first episode aside from the premiere that is followed up later down the line (season two, to be exact).
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
            X