• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explorers (104)

EXPLORERS

Episode: 1.04
    Original Air Date: November 18th, 2004
    Written by Alex Rubit

While exploring a paradise-like planet in the Triangulum Galaxy, Sivea, Chase, Tom, and Major Sato are captured by a group of mysterious aliens.

Visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage to download the episode, then stop back here for discussion.
    Outstanding
    37.50%
    Good
    43.75%
    Fair
    12.50%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    6.25%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Another one of my favorites for being an exploration episode, another great character development episode!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just finished reading this one. Another good one.

Are the aliens they a completely different humanoids than what we have meet in SG universe. I just have a hard time imgianing the aliens in this.

Reading on your homepage, you are having artist drawings with S2. Are there any chances of having some in S1?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        Just finished reading this one. Another good one.

Are the aliens they a completely different humanoids than what we have meet in SG universe. I just have a hard time imgianing the aliens in this.

Reading on your homepage, you are having artist drawings with S2. Are there any chances of having some in S1?
        Glad you liked the episode.

To answer your question, right now we're fully focusing on images for Season Two. Could there be some for Season One episodes? Maybe. But probably not too soon. Once we have enough people, however, we could have a team of designers working on images for Season One, and we'd release them as special features. So it all really depends on how many talented and devoted 3D artists we can get together.

The current plan is to get to a point where we'll be able to release image galleries together with new episodes.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

This was an excellent episode that also had a humorous side to it. It has these "weird" aliens that seem to think that using people as lab rats is a standard way of studying new cultures! I really liked this episode because it also highlights how Sivea still isn't 100% sure that she can trust the "humans." It was a nice exploration type of episode that will slowly start to give way to much more action oriented episodes towards the second half of the 1st season
          Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
          ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
          <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Was a very good episode. I agree with greytop that pics would be helpful (I understand these are season 1 Ep's and your priority isn't going over the past) I like that there starting to get out there exploring though. Can't wait to read the next episode.
            Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

1x03/4/5 are some of my favorites for Season 1. You'll enjoy the next episode, quite a comical episode.
              sigpic

Comment

...With a later Season 2 sequel.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

That was pretty cool, some nice character development with Sivea (i think i like her the best so far) and wow finally some aliens that don't speak in a language thats understandable

what a bunch of arrogant scientists, the asguard are like them in technology, and lord over the planets they protect by mascarading as Norse gods but not actually interfering, on the planet of Cimmeria with Thor's Hammer, Thor left a message in his temple to the Cimmerians, thats an example of how a advanced race should act and behave when encountering beings far less advanced then them, not like these argonant beings that think that using people as lab rats is well a good way to meet friends

Comment

Review

Wow. "Explorers" is massive improvement.

A minor frown is caused by the names of the Horizon-2 team, though putting it down to a bit of Star Trek referencing would be fine since SG-1 does indulge in referencing from time to time.

The beginning was great, a lovely bit of standard Stargate planetary exploration.

The general plot of the story was good, the "explorers" were an interesting adversary and there were some excellent moments of humor some Sivea. This really could have just about been an episode of SG1 or SGA.

The Enterprise copying is toned down (though Sivea's development was again a bit too T'Pol) and only a couple of scenes were obviously lifted (though those that were lifted were from the corresponding Enterprise episode, so the writer/creators are still working their way through a list of Enterprise episodes).

Tom felt a bit redundant, he had felt under used in the series so far

It would have been nice to have some kind of description for the aliens rather than "unlike anything we've seen before".

But yes, a good episode, good team work and a lot more originality. Best episode so far by a long way

3 our of 5
                    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Oh And I had a listen to the SGH theme tune and it's great!

Comment

Lol that promo tune? My life! Lol I thought it sounded like something out of a cheesy 70s action show! Anyway, keep going at it, it soon dispells the tendency of having plots similar to that of Enterprise.
                        sigpic

Comment

lol yeah, Its super cheesy but I like it for some reason, and better than a few themes that have been around.
                          Will be reading "Other Cultures" and maybe teh next episode after that tonight.

Comment

That's quite a laugh but a prior warning. This aired before Prometheus Unbound so...take that into consideration.

Have you listened to Evil Intensions? I love that one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Horizon's early episodes often face harsh critiques, because they do bear several similarities to Enterprise. Alex Rubit has often mentioned that he'd like to go back at some point and redo the pilot with originality, improved grammar, etc., while still maintaining continuity with later stories.

As Season One progresses, things do pick up though. Many consider "The Enoly" to start a series of episodes that people seem to like better, and have more originality.

Thanks for your comments and criticisms throughout these first few episodes. I understand you strongly dislike the similarities, but I encourage you to continue reading and see what you think down the line.
                              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                              Stargate Destiny, Fan
                              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                              X