This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizon Q & A

I'm starting this official Q&A thread for any questions that you might have. Feel free to ask anything you like. Well, anything about Horizon or the people behind Horizon that is.

Questions can be episode related, about the new forum, the series in general, about upcoming episodes; anything you might be interested in knowing.

Thanks! And have fun!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

What exactly IS it.. the faq on the site is broken

Comment

Check out the 'about' section. It explains it pretty well.
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
        Check out the 'about' section. It explains it pretty well.
        Indeed, and the news story on the GateWorld main page is also a good source of information for what Horizon is all about!
        Rocky

Comment

looks pretty good, i need to read again, you reckon if its a hit they will make a tv show?
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
            looks pretty good, i need to read again, you reckon if its a hit they will make a tv show?
            One can always hope, but I doubt it.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Jynks
              What exactly IS it.. the faq on the site is broken
              Hi Jynks,

unfortunately we haven't gotten to getting the new FAQ section up and running. It should happen very shortly, though.

Basically you can look at Horizon as a second spin-off to SG-1; that's the way it was conceived. The episodes are written in standard industry script format (with quite some more detail, to keep them interested for a general audience though).

As it's been mentioned here, the news release on the GateWorld main page explains it very well, and we've also just updated the About section of the Horizon site today. In addition to that, you can expect a Horizon primer to be released very shortly. I'm sure a lot of people have been asking themselves the same question as you have.

Comment

Hi Locutus,

about this becoming a television show, I guess you never know. That's up to MGM and SciFi. Then perhaps Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Joe Mallozzi, and all the other great talents might get involved as well. I think all of us writers would love that!

Okay, now I'll give you the...well, the alternate answer: it's all a "virtual series" at this point. What we'd like to do right now is have it continue to grow; i.e. more 3D graphics, more musical themes, and of course more people reading the episodes. It's a lot of fun for us to do, and we'd like to have as many fans enjoying the episodes as possible.

Comment

Is there any way to view the episodes out of the browser? Possibly a way to download the PDF file instead of a blink link opening into a window or such? Making people read the PDF file within their browser is evil...

Oh, and in the future... would you be accepting other writers?

Comment

I can understand how fun it must be, but think of the long term, just say if and repeat if as you said, people would love to see something like this, it's like atlantis but not quite it got it's own character which i like about it, i notice when i read i visualise it, and it would be funny to on what other people imagine it like
                    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Is there any way to view the episodes out of the browser? Possibly a way to download the PDF file instead of a blink link opening into a window or such? Making people read the PDF file within their browser is evil...
                      Once you open the PDF on the internet, in the top lefthand corner is a 'save a copy' option, so you can download it to your computer.
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by LordHart

Oh, and in the future... would you be accepting other writers?
                        You mean start a new window for the PDF files? I'll talk to Sam about that; she's the one taking care of all things regarding the website in addition to being the supervising producer. You can download and save all the PDFs to your computer, though.

Regarding writers, you're brining up a good point. And it will probably be good to start a seperate thread for that as well. Currently we're doing pretty good in that department, and chances are that one additional writer who's applied will be joining the team very soon. Then we'll have a six member writing staff, which will be ideal.

However, we always tend to keep an eye out for new writers. If someone were to apply now, it's possible we'd be getting back to you once we're looking for additional writers. So there's always a chance to eventually get onto the writing staff.

Comment

I can understand how fun it must be, but think of the long term, just say if and repeat if as you said, people would love to see something like this, it's like atlantis but not quite it got it's own character which i like about it, i notice when i read i visualise it, and it would be funny to on what other people imagine it like
                          That's very true. It's like Atlantis a spin off to SG-1. In many ways it's a very different show (which it has to be), while at the same time it is Stargate. I dare say you'll find the familiar "Stargate style" on this show; i.e. there's definitely the same type of humor in the episodes. It's also a very character driven show, as you'll see over the course of the season.

I agree. It's always interesting to see how different people visualize the same scene or description. Fortunately we've got a cast, which helps to give everyone the same idea of what the characters look like, and what their voices sound like.

I'm very excited about the 3D images and promo pictures we're working on. You'll be getting to see all of the sets as complete 3D models (once they're completed), as well as exterior images of locations, ships, and of course the Horizon station.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                            You mean start a new window for the PDF files? I'll talk to Sam about that; she's the one taking care of all things regarding the website in addition to being the supervising producer. You can download and save all the PDFs to your computer, though.
                            Well, I meant downloading the files to your computer. If I click on the link, it opens the PDF file into the same browser window... if I choose to open it in a new tab/window, then it opens in a new tab/window... and if I try to 'Save Link As', it tries to download the tracker.php file you've set up to monitor how many people have downloaded the PDF file.

The only way I can download it (unless I am missing something), is to open the file with the browser, and then save it from there. Doing this is just a bit of a hassle, and i'm lazy...

Comment

Originally posted by LordHart
                              Well, I meant downloading the files to your computer. If I click on the link, it opens the PDF file into the same browser window... if I choose to open it in a new tab/window, then it opens in a new tab/window... and if I try to 'Save Link As', it tries to download the tracker.php file you've set up to monitor how many people have downloaded the PDF file.

The only way I can download it (unless I am missing something), is to open the file with the browser, and then save it from there. Doing this is just a bit of a hassle, and i'm lazy...
                              Umm... I don't know what's up with that. It seems to work fine for me.
                              Stargate: Horizon http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X