This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Plains Of Celestis [Origin Spoilers]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered.

WHERE and WHAT are the Plains of Celestis?
    Are they on a planet? In orbit around a planet? Some type of ascended city?
    But it's not like the Ancient Diner, because you don't have to be ascended to go there.
    And there's obviously some sort of physical ring platform that lets people arrive and leave.
    So what and where the heck is it? I'd like to get some responses. Let me know what you all think.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

I think its something got to do with ascending.
    or maybe its the big cty/building thing we saw in origin(i think it was origin)
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

We've seen planets ring to moons before like Sokar's setup. I'll take a wager that the Ori keep their worshipers on the planets and their base of opporations on the moons. Stargates and other advanced technology would be out of reach on the moons and the people would live in pretty primative habitats on the planets. Planes of Celestis is probably just one of the moons around that planet. I'm not sure how far a matter stream for a ring platform can actually go, but it seems like its probably not all that far, so its either a moon or a ship in orbit. They wouldn't have it anywhere on the planet for the people to find through casual exploring. It wouldn't be special then.
      Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

we really didn't see anything to suggest where the ori city was. Also we didn't see them get in them white rings they could have gone through a stargate first and then through the rings, or even used the rings on one planet and gated the matter stream to the plains.

as far as we know the ori rule over at least one whole galaxy if not more so they could have even gated to another galaxy and then ringed to the plains.

that and we dont know if it is a space ship city like atlantis or maybe even a whole planet that they can move around to rule over their galaxies

Comment

I would venture a guess that Celestis was either on a moon close to the planet or at a higher elevation from the rest of the inhabitits of the planet. Both assessible with the rings

Comment

I think it'd be cool if it was a giant disc - like discworld. That'd be the coolest thing for them to use as a base of operations.

Comment

Maybe it's a giant floating continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                Maybe it's a giant floating continent.
                You mean like in the "Final Fantasy" game series?
                Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

From http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/m...celestis.shtml

PLAINS OF CELESTIS
                  A stunningly beautiful land mass, distant from the village of Ver Eger, where the city of Celestis resides. It is accessible by transport rings.
                  Seems we will have to wait for more info
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Wherever it is, it does seem to be a place where mortals and ascended can meet. (BTW are Ascendeds immortal?)
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

It's really interesting place and there are the Ori in their fire version.So it could be in the Underworld...

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                      IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

I'm betting that it's somewhere else on the planet that they ringed to. The people we saw were primitive enough that I think that even something a few hundred miles away would probably be safe from them. Not to even mention if it were on another continent or anything. Somehow I don't see them travelling very much. Too much time spent kissing Ori heiney to actually be able to develop much technology or travel or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
                          It's really interesting place and there are the Ori in their fire version.So it could be in the Underworld...
                          i was thinking that as well

Comment

Hope tptb tell us more in the future. The near future.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the ori are fire beings their city is surrounded by water. i wonder if they are being kept there and cannot leave hence the need for doci and priors

Comment

Working...
                              X