Hello to everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to everyone!

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new Stargate: Horizon boards on the GateWorld forum!

So, now our long time fans finally know what this mysterious "announcement" was going to be all about. Yup. This is it. And I'm sure there are lots of people who are hearing about us for the very first time now.

All of us (the entire staff) are very excited about being the first site to have officially joined the GateWorld Network. Thanks to Darren for launching this new section of the forum! We definitely have some threads that need to be started in here.

I'd like to invite everyone to check out the first season of Stargate: Horizon, which is available for download on our website. Just click on the link in my signature to get there. There'll be an official Q&A thread, which we'll be starting in a moment. Feel free to ask any kinds of questions you like. We all hope you'll enjoy Season One, as Season Two is only four weeks away.

I'd say let the discussions begin!
    Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 24 August 2005, 05:09 PM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Hi everyone!

I'm Erik Pasternak, one of Horizon's staff writers. Having known that this was coming for a while, all I can say is that I have been excited for a very long time and that I am very grateful to Darren, David, and all the GateWorld staff for allowing us the honor of joining the GateWorld Network. I do hope you enjoy Horizon and that you will look forward to September 22nd, our second season premiere. For those of you in the United States, it will be more new stargate, even if you can't see any on TV. As Alex said, please feel free to ask ANY questions.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy Horizon!
    Rocky

Comment

Hey guys! Welcome to the Gateworld forum I'm happy to be introduced to this series and am starting to read. But I also have a question: What exactly is under the 'downloads' section? I started to listen to one of the pod casts...but I couldn't exactly tell. Is it commentary about the episode or like a book on tape sort of thing?

Thanks for your help
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
        Hey guys! Welcome to the Gateworld forum I'm happy to be introduced to this series and am starting to read. But I also have a question: What exactly is under the 'downloads' section? I started to listen to one of the pod casts...but I couldn't exactly tell. Is it commentary about the episode or like a book on tape sort of thing?

Thanks for your help
        Hi Colonel!

In the "Downloads" section, among other things, we do have podcasts, yes. Podcasts are basically episode commentary, sort of like what you find on DVDs (Alex gives a somewhat better explaination in the opening). Also in "Downloads," we have two wallpapers, two musical themes, and a special behind the scenes look at "Collision."
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
          Hi Colonel!

In the "Downloads" section, among other things, we do have podcasts, yes. Podcasts are basically episode commentary, sort of like what you find on DVDs (Alex gives a somewhat better explaination in the opening). Also in "Downloads," we have two wallpapers, two musical themes, and a special behind the scenes look at "Collision."
          Cool, thanks for the explanation Erik. And great job on the series you guys! *Is reading first ep.*
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

LPR here. I'ev been reading the sereies from the beginning. It's great!!! Season 2 in 4 weeks!!!!
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
              LPR here. I'ev been reading the sereies from the beginning. It's great!!! Season 2 in 4 weeks!!!!
              And, of course, as a veteran reader, you now know what we've been hiding from you forever.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                Cool, thanks for the explanation Erik. And great job on the series you guys! *Is reading first ep.*
                Hey Colonel Sharp,

I'm glad you've enjoyed what you've read of Horizon so far. Like Erik said, the Downloads section contains several special features. The podcasts are basically audio commentaries. We figured why not see if we can have audio commentaries for a virtual series? So far there are four. But there will be more coming up eventually. As well as some more musical themes, banners, wallpapers, etc. And look out for some 3D images we're currently working on. In many ways things are just now getting off the ground.

And I'd like to second what Erik said: thanks to Darren, David, and the whole GW staff!!! (I only mentioned Darren before) We're quite excited about being here, and are looking forward to getting the discussions in this part of the forum off the ground.

Comment

Oh and BTW, I'm wraithslayer on the Horizon forum.

Comment

Oh and BTW, I'm wraithslayer on the Horizon forum.
                    Welcome to this new section (I knew who you were)! Now, you know what the whole talk about something big happening was all about.

Comment

Well, I know you know who I am, but what about all the people who have never seen the light of Stargate: Horizon.

Comment

Well, I know you know who I am, but what about all the people who have never seen the light of Stargate: Horizon.
                        That's very true.

Comment

Hey it's a great series, but when i go to read then it goes from 101 to 103 does that mean like both Stargate series its a sort of double episode and do you ever think MGM will want to produce this awesome series?
                          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
                            Hey it's a great series, but when i go to read then it goes from 101 to 103 does that mean like both Stargate series its a sort of double episode and do you ever think MGM will want to produce this awesome series?
                            Yeah, "Awakening," the series premiere, is a two-part episode.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
                              It's a two-part series premiere, which was released as a "two hour" episode, like the SG-1 and Atlantis premieres. Technically the number of the first episode is 101/102.

As for MGM, that's a hard question to answer. I personally think they might be hessitant to make a series out of something that's already been released. Of course I could be wrong. I think only MGM can answer that question accurately. I'm just guessing.

Comment

Working...
                              X