Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak
    Indeed - politeness costs nothing.
    yep. and it's a necessity in groups larger than one
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Don't be intimidated by the guests - they're regualr people, just like you.
      they are. Amanda goes home at the end of the day and gets in the shower and does the laundry or takes out the trash just like we do.

MS probably gets up for the 2am feedings of his daughter. CJ probably goes to parent'teacher conferences and i'm sure RDA has cleaned up his share of kid messes

They're just like us. they get tired, sore, irritated, bored. they laugh, get hungry, gotta hit the loo....they just have really cool jobs

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        yep. and it's a necessity in groups larger than one
        In other words, remember the good manners your mother taught you when you were a sprog.

Always say please and thank you.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

they are. Amanda goes home at the end of the day and gets in the shower and does the laundry or takes out the trash just like we do.

MS probably gets up for the 2am feedings of his daughter. CJ probably goes to parent'teacher conferences and i'm sure RDA has cleaned up his share of kid messes

They're just like us. they get tired, sore, irritated, bored. they laugh, get hungry, gotta hit the loo....they just have really cool jobs
          Yup. They put their trousers on one leg at a time, just like normal people.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

just like normal people.
            I'll bet they even take the city bus or the public train once in awhile too.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              I'll bet they even take the city bus or the public train once in awhile too.
              And get weird looks, along the lines of "That guy over there looks very familiar for some reason..."
              sigpic

Comment

And get weird looks, along the lines of "That guy over there looks very familiar for some reason..."
                LOL

having seen some of them in their 'off season' garb, with some of the guys folks are probably wondering 'who's that reprobate???'

many actors, especially the guys for some reason, seem to revel in going with the long hair and unshaven look. which, when you mix it with clothes that, while fashionable, often look like they're straight out of the rubbish bin, lends more of a 'street person' air to them

sigpic

Comment

Do you think that Galaxy Quest portrays what the stars actually feel?
                  "You don't know half of it".
                  Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                  (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

LOL

having seen some of them in their 'off season' garb, with some of the guys folks are probably wondering 'who's that reprobate???'

many actors, especially the guys for some reason, seem to revel in going with the long hair and unshaven look. which, when you mix it with clothes that, while fashionable, often look like they're straight out of the rubbish bin, lends more of a 'street person' air to them
                    For example - Colin Cunningham (Maj. Davis). On screen he's this uptight, straight laced USAF officer from the Pentagon. In person he's madder than Mad Jack McMad from Madville USA.
                    sigpic

Comment

For example - Colin Cunningham (Maj. Davis). On screen he's this uptight, straight laced USAF officer from the Pentagon. In person he's madder than Mad Jack McMad from Madville USA.
                      Isn't that the truth!
                      Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                      The Strongest Will Survive!
                      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum
                        Do you think that Galaxy Quest portrays what the stars actually feel?
                        Galaxy Quest is IMO highly exagerrated. But having said that, when my friends and I (fellow Trekkies/Gaters) saw the movie originally, we were kind of ticking off on our fingers the number of supposed cliches we'd actually seen at various conventions.
                        sigpic

Comment

hehe oh boy do i know about the dos and donts at cons as i was staff on a few anime conventions...

a do - SHOWER DANG IT!!! SHOWER SHOWER SHOWER!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY FRIGGIN TIMES I HAD TO SPRAY THE HALLS WITH FEBREEZE!!!!

sorry...but its a general con worry for staff ppl AND guests...the smell of people sweat makes me wretch and vomit...i'm sure with the guests its the SAME.

and for petes sake...dont drink yourself to death if you're in high elevations...we had one girl do that and not eat anything and oh boy was that trouble...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                            Don't drink yourself to death if you're in high elevations...
                            You've met the MaltMan then have you?
                            sigpic

Comment

hahahahaha uhm...i dont know >D i just had to deal with alot of experiences being staff in conventions...and thats why i don't do it anymore...there was this guy pretending that he was dying of something so he could hang out with the guests and special privilages...yeah if someone's gonna do that, go to a CON IN A STATE YOU DONT LIVE IN...because people who know him in real life totally told us the scam he was pulling...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                              Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                              Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Trust me, if you've met the MaltMan when he's in full flow - you'd remember it...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X