No announcement yet.

The First Ones (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 8 of SG-1 is my season 3 of BSG -- both boring but you have to get through them to get to season 9 and 4.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      The Season 8 episodes I like are all at the beginning of the season, I admit.

And I've just never gotten as into Atlantis as I did SG1 (I still have the DVDs, though, and there are certain episodes I really like).

Seaboe
      Pretty much the same with me, most of the episodes that I really like in season 8 are at the beginning of the season.

I could barely make it through season 9 during my last rewatch and I ended up giving up early in season 10. My longing for early SG1 got to be too much, so I just went back to season 1 and started from the beginning again lol (there are some episodes in seasons 9 and 10 that I do enjoy though).
      sigpic

Comment

With the battle of Helm's Deep in the background, I finish this puzzle in 7 minutes and 48 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I don't know how I liked it before, but I really enjoyed this episode. I love the story, the friendship, the exploration, the history, the people, the Unas -- everything really.

Too bad, though, that Rothman had to bite the dust. I kinda liked that guy.

They locate the planet from where all Goa'uld originate, and find out that the Unas still live there, like the cavemen a long time ago on Earth, cave drawings included. Daniel gets kidnapped by one and strikes up a beautiful first-contact friendship.

I love Dion Johnstone's portrayal of Chaka. It's really hard to convey emotions when your entire face is covered in make-up and prostetics, but he does it so brilliantly. His lens-covered eyes -- just wow. Such an impressive performance.

Yes, definitely love this episode to bits.

Also, the first one where P90's come in use.

How would you rate SG-1's "The First Ones?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

This concludes week 25 (which was last week -- this week is 26 by the way, so that'll follow suit).

3-episode quiz: Window Of Opportunity, Watergate & The First Ones

Jigsaw puzzle: The First Ones
          I agree with all of FH's points on this episode, and I too think it was excellent.

I love that Daniel finds a way to communicate with Chaka!

14/15. 8:35

Comment

Something which always bothered about this episode, in many cases it was shown that SGC cares about the hosts of Goa'uld, even when they do not know them personally (Apophis), but in this episode, it looks that nobody has a problem to kill host with them at all. They had to react to the surprising attack of Rothman, but what about Hawkins? Teal'c was hidden nearby all time, so what prevented him to use his zat, stunned Hawkins and after return to Earth take him to Tok'ras? He certainly had time for this.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I hate S8 with a passion. Everything between New Order and Reckoning is so boring. The whole reduced RDA schedule hurt the show
              I also don't care for season 8 much - but I admit I really love Moebius. I can't help it
              sigpic
              signature art by lunasera

Comment

I liked "Reckoning" and "Moebius". I recently watched "Prometheus Unbound" again and liked the parts with Hammond and the rest of the crew. The Daniel/Vala parts not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                  Something which always bothered about this episode, in many cases it was shown that SGC cares about the hosts of Goa'uld, even when they do not know them personally (Apophis), but in this episode, it looks that nobody has a problem to kill host with them at all. They had to react to the surprising attack of Rothman, but what about Hawkins? Teal'c was hidden nearby all time, so what prevented him to use his zat, stunned Hawkins and after return to Earth take him to Tok'ras? He certainly had time for this.
                  Dramatic oversight... *shrug*

Comment

Do we know that the Tok'ra could remove symbiotes yet? Also, I thought Hawkins' behavior was menacing enough to justify Teal'c's reaction.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I think that we know about Tok'ras ability to do it since season three where was Skaa'ra(?) freed by Klorel from them.

I agree that the behaviour of Hawkins was menacing but it took him at least a couple of seconds to stand up, go to the weapon and take it (we was doing it slowly, without any hurry) so when Teal'c was nearby he could shoot him with a Zat a long time before killing would be the only option for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                        I think that we know about Tok'ras ability to do it since season three where was Skaa'ra(?) freed by Klorel from them.

I agree that the behaviour of Hawkins was menacing but it took him at least a couple of seconds to stand up, go to the weapon and take it (we was doing it slowly, without any hurry) so when Teal'c was nearby he could shoot him with a Zat a long time before killing would be the only option for him.
                        Well Jackson was taken captive, there was no time for that. Also the Tok'ra weren't that close with the Tau'ri at the time of S04 if I recall correctly. This soldier was an acceptable casualty.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I thought it was the Tollan who removed Skaara's symbiote?

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

No it was the Tok'ra. When Triad was complete, Trevall ordered the contacting of Tok'ra to remove Klorel. Later after the failed invasion we see two background actors dressed as Tok'ra
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Klorel was probably consumed by someone as it was freshly served. Ooops.

Random fact. Here is a nice video about different blood colours which can help you to establish how alien blood should look like :

How Blood Evolved (Many Times)
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdjN4ddnl2E

The Unas blood is green if I remember well. It would be nice to build in such real scientifical facts into fanfics or future Stargate spinoffs. I wouldn't mind a little "education" type of Stargate series where they would teach something to the audience occasionally.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X