No announcement yet.

The First Ones (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is too bad they killed off Rothman. If they didn't, then he could have just filled in during Season 6, when Michael Shanks was gone, and we wouldn't have needed Jonas. (I know about it, but have not seen Season 6 yet, watching Stargate in order, on DVD).

Comment

Daniel was brilliant in this one, his interaction with Chaka was one of his best yet! Jack and teal'c were funny and poor old rothman,was it me or did he just seem annoying in this episode, on previous occasions I was getting to like him. They would have needed a bit more work on him before he could replace daniel though.

Comment

I absolutely adore this episode! I would go so far as to say it's one of my top five favourite Daniel related episodes. I agree with you, Perriman about Daniel's interaction with Chaka. I love that they learn from each other. This episode also has some great lines!

Comment

this episode had Daniel which was nice and it introduced a new frien in the form of Chaka, it also introduced the now well known P90, S4 of Sg-1 really ha a different atmossphere

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
            Major Coburn (played by Steve Bacic, who would later play Camulus) was in this episode, yes. It was actually a reccurring role.
            It was great seeing him. He was in "Maternal Instinct", too. He also played Telemachus Rahde, one of the main characters in seasons four and five of Andromeda - it would be great if he could come back for season 9 of SG-1 so he could be in an episode with Ben Browder. Then we'd have representatives from all of my favorite shows in one episode.

This kind of episode isn't really my "thing", but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The Unas look fantastic. I can't think of any more lifelike rubber-suit-creatures off the top of my head. The actor who played him was great, and they did a good job distorting the voices and adding growls and breathing and stuff. I also noticed that they must have put a little device in Chaka's muzzle that would allow him to snuffle. Because he looked so believable already I didn't even notice until the second time I watched it.

Some great bits of dialogue, too. I especially like the part when they're having the roast Goa'uld and they end up playing catch.

Daniel: Yes, let's play "toss the symbiote head". Very popular. All the kids are doing it. Oops, whoops, into the fire.
            Shaka: *gasp!*
            Daniel: But, don't worry, becaaaause... (produces a candy bar and holds it up) Naan!
            Shaka: ...ka!
            Daniel: Now now, don't say "ka" until you've tried it. (takes a bite) Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
            Shaka: (grabs it, takes a bite) grrrrrrrrrr....
            Daniel: Yes. Mmmmmmmmmm.
            Shaka: grrrrrrrrrrr...(takes another bite)
            Daniel: Funny, this is how I met my father-in-law.

Oh, and YAY! for the P-90's!
            Also AWWW because this is the last episode with long-haired Sam.

Comment

I loved this episode! I am one of they very few who likes all Unas episodes(inluding Enemy Mine)...but i may be biased because they all focus on Daniel a lot, he is so awesome!

Comment

I realy like the unas and dr jackson making the missions involving the unas perfect for me. This mission the first mission to encounter the unas was defenitaly the most interesting. They live in a pack like dawgs, but are very smart it is a incredible species.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant
                  Some great bits of dialogue, too. I especially like the part when they're having the roast Goa'uld and they end up playing catch.

Daniel: Yes, let's play "toss the symbiote head". Very popular. All the kids are doing it. Oops, whoops, into the fire.
                  Shaka: *gasp!*
                  Daniel: But, don't worry, becaaaause... (produces a candy bar and holds it up) Naan!
                  Shaka: ...ka!
                  Daniel: Now now, don't say "ka" until you've tried it. (takes a bite) Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
                  Shaka: (grabs it, takes a bite) grrrrrrrrrr....
                  Daniel: Yes. Mmmmmmmmmm.
                  Shaka: grrrrrrrrrrr...(takes another bite)
                  Daniel: Funny, this is how I met my father-in-law.

Oh, and YAY! for the P-90's!
                  Also AWWW because this is the last episode with long-haired Sam.
                  Oh yeah, this is my favorite part. I loved the friendship that was formed between Danial and Chaka. And I loved Sam's hair - I realise the Air Force stipulated that she either tie her hair up or cut it but it looked so nice and feminine. Damn the regulations!!
                  Seriously though, I enjoyed this episode a lot.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I agree the relationship between them is very genuine.
                    sigpic

Comment

Chgaka nad Daniel were great in the episode and the scene with Tealc suspecting eeveryone of being a Goa'uld was funny too. One of the best eps of the season.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Ya I didnt see teal'c coming back I figured he was going to go after daniel alone.
                        sigpic

Comment

good riddence roffman finally good daniel episode i felt it was great that he found a way to commucate with chakka
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Why didn't you like ROTHMAN?
                            sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else think that Captain (later Major) Griff looks VERY similar to the Kurt Russel O'Neil from the Stargate film?
                              Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                              - General Hammond

Comment

Spoiler:

Yep they sure do there haircuts are very similar and there foreheads are the same. They definitely do look allot alike another thing is they have similar personalities. There both really quite unless they have something to say which is not very often.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X