No announcement yet.

The First Ones (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i liked it when they were in cuffs and by the edge of the water and oniell said raise your hand if your a gouald and the next minute the guy wrips out of his bindings and raises his hand i just thought that was so funny

Comment

If the lake was filled with symboites why didn't they send Ishta for her 'Amazon' Jaffa (Birthright)?
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359 View Post
        I was very upset that they killed off Rothman.

This show tends to do things like that. They'll give you a likeable character, play him in a few episodes so the audience gets attached, then kill him off. It's upsetting.

I suppose, though, that this is what sets the show apart from all the rest; they're realistic about casualties in an interstellar war.
        That is true, and while i could not stand rothman, it was still imo too soon to have killed him off.
        But i do agree, that is one part of the show i like. where even the named characters are not imune to death.

Originally posted by fair_nymph View Post
        I found seeing the more primordial states of the unas and goa'uld fascinating. I was particularly interested in the fact that these goa'uld didn't have naquadah. I wish they had explored that aspect more -- how the goa'uld incorporated naquadah, was it natural or not, and to what end.
        Too true. Heck i would have loved it if they say, had a few 'back in the past' bits where they showed the unas begin gou'alded and leaving the planet.

If the lake was filled with symboites why didn't they send Ishta for her 'Amazon' Jaffa (Birthright)?
        Interesting question, but iirc those gou'ald symbiots that Ishta uses were all infants... how many in the lake were 'full adults'?

Comment

this episode was very funny
          i love the unas
          sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode. I wasn't sure what to make of Chaka at first, but was really endeared to him by the end. Good on him for standing up to the Alpha male to protect Daniel. I loved the way that Daniel was so calmly making notes on his dictaphone during his capture.

One of Teal'c's finest hours too, with his handling of the symbiote situation.
            sigpic
            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
              I thought it was a great Daniel episode.

And he looked really good in that camouflage bandanna, Really, really good.

Lisa Michelle
              I totally agree, this episode shows how much daniel realy cares about everyone and thing and making sure he always does right by them, and yes he looks soooooooo good, mmm mmm mmm
              STARGATE FAN #1

Comment

Was Chaka the Unas who captured Daniel? I thought the word "Chaka" remained a mystery. I thought perhaps Chaka referred to the moons?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF View Post
                  Was Chaka the Unas who captured Daniel? I thought the word "Chaka" remained a mystery. I thought perhaps Chaka referred to the moons?
                  Nope, his name was definitely Chaka. However, the Unas put their name in almost every sentence much like aboriginal tribes. Basically instead of saying "Follow me into the cave" the Unas will say "Follow Chaka into the cave", therefore you hear the word Chaka in almost every sentence. It's rather confusing, that is probably why you thought it remained a mystery.
                  sigpic

Comment

what i liked about this ep are the unas and the goa'uld.

rothman's dead? poor guy. i have nothing against him. jack doesn't seem to like him much.

Comment

Ummm.... barbequed symbiote

Rating: 4/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...irst-ones.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

this is a good episode i like danial and the unas. i also like the wild symbiotes.
                        sigpic

Comment

teal'cs aim is just immense, loved this episode.

Comment

I thought it was a very good episode. Now if i can get my brother to stop saying "Cchhaakkaa"
                            “Next to being witty, the best thing is being able to quote another's wit.” GO HUSKERS!

Comment

it was good to see the Unas as something other than a vicious monster
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

I like the scene that Daniel and the Unas tossing the symbiote head around the fire, I don't know if they improvised that but it's very funny.

Poor Daniel, he seems to be very popular amongst aliens, though I can understand why. Luckily the Unas captured the right guy or he might probably be killed if he mistakenly captured O'Neill!

Forgot to mention the comment made by Rothmans re his inter-personal relationship: "They are too recent!", LOL!
                                Last edited by Dinoman; 03 June 2009, 10:45 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X