This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Details on "Coup D'etat"

Gateworld.net has published the first set of details for a late season 2 episode titled "Coup D'etat".

You can view the details here

As usual beware of spoilers

How would the Genii get our ZPM? And if it wasnt Atlantis's how come they could find one and the expidition couldnt?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

My view based on the spoilers AT HAND, before anyone jumps on me for what I have to say. This is an OPINION, and I do acknowledge that the actual episode may be very different from these spoilers.

I can buy that the Genii might be capable of finding a ZPM - they have operatives on and links with alot of worlds. But how can it be the ZPM from Atlantis? Did Rodney take it out for a walk or something? Teyla try to trade it for more tava beans or disease resistant seeds?

These sort of spoilers really highlight the use of the Daedalus as a plot device: if the Daedalus were present, it could beam out Lorne and his team, and locate and steal the ZPM using beaming technology. And for good measure, drop a Mark-IX Naquadria enhanced nuclear warhead, with any attempts to disable it physically, electronically or otherwise resulting in detonation (at least that's what I do, the Genii bug me). Alas, five bucks says it's enroute to earth during this episode.

Another thing: Sheppard is captured while leading a "strike force" (said with fingers for emphasis). We're talking a squad of highly trained, heavily armed US Marines. You don't ambush and capture the leader of a marine squad; in real life, that sort of thing is a recipe to get utterly destroyed.

Weir's negotiations for the ZPM: anyone else think it should go along the lines of something like this?
      Weir: *offers to trade Sora for the ZPM*
      Cowen: *refuses and probably asks for C4 AGAIN*
      Weir: *offer them a bigger bomb...in the form of a Mark IX naquadriah enhanced...you get the message. Mode 2's a little twitchy. *
      Or alternatively - Weir could threaten their homeworld with armageddon, in the form of a large interstellar battlecruiser parked above their homeworld. Again, that's what *I'd* do.

The PJ fleet:
      1. Has anyone explained to them that SIXTY hiveships means the nuke plan will flop?
      2. How exactly are they going to fly the ships without the gene? The wraith in the Defiant One couldn't hotwire it, what makes them think they can? Even with one or two people among them with the gene, they won't have enough for repeated suicide runs.
      3. Assuming they're trying to bargain for or take control of Atlantis's PJ's (since we don't know of any cache of jumpers lying around); they don't have enough jumpers for a start. And another thing; unless they bargain for the jumpers with the ZPM, I can't see the Genii storming Atlantis again to take the jumpers; they have a large marine contingent stationed there now.

Comment

LOL - I cant wait to see the Genii F*** up again
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Catalase
          Weir's negotiations for the ZPM: anyone else think it should go along the lines of something like this?
          Weir: *offers to trade Sora for the ZPM*
          Cowen: *refuses and probably asks for C4 AGAIN*
          Weir: *offer them a bigger bomb...in the form of a Mark IX naquadriah enhanced...you get the message. Mode 2's a little twitchy. *
          Or alternatively - Weir could threaten their homeworld with armageddon, in the form of a large interstellar battlecruiser parked above their homeworld. Again, that's what *I'd* do.
          Sora was sent back in The Seige, the scene was just cut.

Spoilers say that they have a ZPM that they are willing to trade with the Atlantis team, before Sheppard is captured so it cant have been Atlantis's, so there must be another one around. Aswell PegasusGalaxy say that it seems they already have a couple of PuddleJumpers.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
            Sora was sent back in The Seige, the scene was just cut.

Spoilers say that they have a ZPM that they are willing to trade with the Atlantis team, before Sheppard is captured so it cant have been Atlantis's, so there must be another one around. Aswell PegasusGalaxy say that it seems they already have a couple of PuddleJumpers.
            Saying that if they do have a couple of puddle jumpers already that would explain some things. As it would then suggest that the Genii found some sort of ancient outpost, with puddle jumpers in it. And most Ancient outposts appear to have ZPM's as standard.

Comment

gah, another genii story.
              Somehow i find them highly annoying.
              and yeah i agree the D will be on route to earth during the episode, which could make sense, since the genii know that the D exists from Siege 3.
              however, the problem for them would be to get the information that the D is not present at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tomchris45
                Saying that if they do have a couple of puddle jumpers already that would explain some things. As it would then suggest that the Genii found some sort of ancient outpost, with puddle jumpers in it. And most Ancient outposts appear to have ZPM's as standard.
                Which could mean that they want the gene therapy
                sigpic

Comment

If they want to make suicide runs with Jumpers (cloaked ships) we should just send a message to the SGC and tell them to start hunting for cargo ships and then pack a few on the ded and bring them to atlantis ready to trade

Comment

This is the first time I can say I don't like an idea. The Genii are intriguing but I find their behavior a tad bit irrational sometimes. I'm hoping the ZPM they have isn't the one from Atlantis because that would make no sense unless everyone on Atlantis is a complete idiot and just trusting any and everybody with a human head on their body.

Assuming they have found one of their own things are looking up a bit, but it's not my favorite of what I have heard but I guess I'll see what happens later.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                      If they want to make suicide runs with Jumpers (cloaked ships) we should just send a message to the SGC and tell them to start hunting for cargo ships and then pack a few on the ded and bring them to atlantis ready to trade
                      Not a bad plan, especially with the Goa'uld out of power, there should be a lot of cargo ships on the market.

I'm just hopin Major Lorne survives.

Comment

WHAT?
                        12 emmissaries?!?
                        the genii must be very bad negotiators
                        and weir must be out of her mind for letting them through

i'd be really disappointed if the genii can suddenly operate pj's out of nowhere.
                        if anything they are planning to siege control of the pj's in atlantis, and got their precious ZPM from the brotherhood people.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                          WHAT?
                          if anything they are planning to siege control of the pj's in atlantis, and got their precious ZPM from the brotherhood people.
                          That's what I was thinking as well they were in that episode and must have realised how badly we need the ZPM. Also is just me or are we expecting another siege style season final, I hope it's something different.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The Genii must be out of their mind to try something like that with Atlantis unless they didn't hear about how the Atlantis team destroyed 5 Wraith hive ships.

Comment

One things really bothering me about this - how did the Genii find out Atlantis surived the Siege. It seems that the expedition have been very careful about maintaining the illusion. The Genii can't be trusted with that knowledge they'd easily out Atlantis to the wraith if they felt they could benefit from it
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X