Watergate (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    4. The amount of Jackisms Daniel came out with made me wonder if Jack was originally meant to be on the sub.
    Just a thought - perhaps it was changed so Jack could make the comment to Markova about never having been on a submarine, when we all know that he'd been on the Russian sub in "Small Victories". From the look on Markova's face, I had the feeling she knew what had happened to the Russian sub and who had been on it when it was torpedoed.

Plus, this way, now the whole team has been on a sub of one sort or another. This time being Sam and Daniel.

Comment

I don't love or hate this episode, but I still find it entertaining. The comments Jack and Daniel kept on making to Dr. Markov were funny. And I love how they found Maybourne frozen it's to bad he didn't stay that way.
      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Just a thought - perhaps it was changed so Jack could make the comment to Markova about never having been on a submarine, when we all know that he'd been on the Russian sub in "Small Victories". From the look on Markova's face, I had the feeling she knew what had happened to the Russian sub and who had been on it when it was torpedoed.

Plus, this way, now the whole team has been on a sub of one sort or another. This time being Sam and Daniel.
        My guess was that they originally wanted the whole team on board then for whatever reason decided that splitting the team was the better way to go but had already written lines for Jack in the sub!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
          My guess was that they originally wanted the whole team on board then for whatever reason decided that splitting the team was the better way to go but had already written lines for Jack in the sub!
          I liked the whole "Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much." explination.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I don't believe TPTB ever intended the lines to go to anyone other than the characters that spoke them. I don't believe that Jack was ever intended to go on the sub. There is absolutely no evidence for that interpretation, either in the script or in the commentary.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              I don't believe TPTB ever intended the lines to go to anyone other than the characters that spoke them. I don't believe that Jack was ever intended to go on the sub. There is absolutely no evidence for that interpretation, either in the script or in the commentary.

Seaboe
              It's not fact, it's an assumption based on the lines being very Jack-like. I agree that there is no evidence for those lines not being intended for whoever said them.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I think it's just honestly Jack rubbing off on Daniel.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This is an interesting epiosde for me. Not because of the water aliens but more how it develops the Earth stories of SG1. This is a major one in how the Russians know about the Stargate and also apparently Maybourne is arrested. Although I still would have liked to know how he evaded capture after Shades of Gray. I also like seeing the tension betweem Jack and Russians as apparently old wounds still exist.

The water aliens is a nice insight into a new type of alien lifeform we have never seen before but it was kind of predictible. The one interesting aspect is how they can inhabit a body like a Goa'uld. Apparently Jaffa aren't immune in this scenario
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                    I liked the whole "Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much." explination.
                    Same here!
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      Same here!
                      You've been hanging out with Jack O'Neill too much? Can you tell me how I can get that gig?!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                        You've been hanging out with Jack O'Neill too much? Can you tell me how I can get that gig?!

not THE Jack O'Neill...but I do have a stand-in with the same sense of humor. Bought him a t-shirt tonight that says "Sarcasm: one of my many talents." Eerily Jack-like.

TO CLARIFY: I think Daniel has been hanging out with Jack too much...hence the Jack-like lines.

lol hlndncr...
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Maybourne: "Quick, back in the freezer! It's important!" (That was a paraphrase.) It reminds me of the "No Time to Explain" meme.

I adore these Daniel moments where he sees something mysterious and just reaches out and pokes it. I suppose that's a reasonable strategy for someone who's only mildly inconvenienced by dying

Comment

While this episode is not one of my favorites, there are some “cool”. moments
                            The Enkarans are mentioned, we’ll see them later this season
                            Jack concealing the events of Small Victories. Dr. Markov mentions the loss of the Russian submarine, and asks Jack if he remembers it—he denies it. Later on,
                            Jack: I’ve never been in a submarine before

“Maybourne popsicle”
                            Except for his arm, he seems to defrost from the top down. His eyes moving are creepy.
                            Jack: Holy frozen bad guys.
                            In the submarine
                            Daniel: Well, given the obvious solid craftsmanship that went into this thing, I don’t see how this could possibly happen
                            Dr. Markov: If you are implying that everything Russian made is of poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
                            Daniel: So they occasionally catch on fire, but they keep perfect time.

Daniel: can we stop agreeing how we are going to die, and start doing something about it?

Jack: Here’s a thought, we just exchanged hostages.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              TEAL'C: Do not humans usually die when they are frozen?
                              O'NEILL: Usually.
                              O'NEILL: They usually don't breathe when they're dead either.
                              One of several funny interactions, and overall, a very nice blend of curiosity, heartbreak, anger, surprise, peril, amazement... Even separating the team, they discover the nature of the Aliens independently, and in perfect time, though Teal'c's discovery was a bit, well, zombie-esque, while Maybourne was robotic.
                              Good funding for special effects too. From the sunkin' city that I'd like to have seen more of, to the bubble encapsulating the underwater crew to be flung through the 'gate. Ouch!

Comment

Before getting stuck with the water planet open gate, how did the Russians prevent their gate (i.e. the original SGC stargate) from being accessed improperly since they used neither special codes nor an iris??

Comment

Working...
                                X