No announcement yet.

Watergate (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good point about the jackets. Lets face it, if they hadn't been able to make their own warm clothes, the Russians would have died out years ago!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
      Very good point about the jackets. Lets face it, if they hadn't been able to make their own warm clothes, the Russians would have died out years ago!
      That was exactly what I was thinking!

But seriously, the Russians do make some of the best mini-subs in the world. The ones seen in the opening sequences of Titanic are the Russian mini subs Mir 1 and Mir 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
        There's a Russian saying: "There's no such things as Bad Winters, only Bad Coats".

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          There's a Russian saying: "There's no such things as Bad Winters, only Bad Coats".
          Amen to that.
          Rocky

Comment

I think she should come back again.

Comment

Originally posted by somme
              I think she should come back again.
              i'd love to see her back. But i"d love to see her back in an episode where everyone remembers the a on the end of her surname....

Comment

I watched the episode only because Marina Sirtis was one it (ok, I liked her as Deanna Troi, ok?)
                Ended up laughing so hard The whole bit about the sub being Swiss was great, so clever

"Markov: Is her always like this?
                Carter: Actually, this is quite charming."

"Teal'c: Do not humans usually die when they are frozen?" I wonder how CJ managed to keep a straight face saying that.
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                  "Markov: Is he always like this?
                  Carter: Actually, this is quite charming."
                  Yeah, that was great. Also when Jack asked her how she read about SG-1. (learn english)
                  I think that part when they are in the place, and all is dark was little frightening. Like X-files
                  Dogs are my favorite people.
                  If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

This made me wonder: if humans normally die when frozen, explain cryogenics to me.
                    Rocky

Comment

Cryogenics works on small scales. If a living cell is frozen quickly enough it will survive being frozen and thawed. Lots of marine creatures spend the winter encased in ice, and we know that bacteria are not killed by freezing food. This is why sperm can be frozen, they're tiny.

Human adults are too large to be frozen solid very quickly. There are loads of stories of babies who wandered out into the Russian / Canadian winter in nothing but a nappy and been found three hours later frozen solid in a snowdrift and then revived to no ill-effect, but homeless adults who spend cold winter nights outside don't tend to be so fortunate.

The companies that freeze people's bodies and store them after death for possible revival at a later date freeze the bodies from the inside as well as outside so that the internal organs freeze swiftly enough.

Madeleine

Comment

Thanks for the explaination Madeleine! That's very interesting.
                        Rocky

Comment

Any comments on the gate of this episode? How a wormhole opens in water, and why water does not come rushing through...

I might be sounding sentemental, but I thought that it was nice to see the original Gate and DHD connected up for the first time in thousands of years!
                          End Transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                            Thanks for the explaination Madeleine! That's very interesting.
                            I'd also note that as far as I'm aware, nobody's ever successfully thawed a body frozen cryogenically ...
                            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Hmm, I guess I'm in the minority here. I really didn't care for this particular episode, I just couldn't get into the plotline no matter how hard I tried. Even with Maybourne, the episode just seemed flat to me. But I did the like lines about the sub being Swiss and "I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too long."
                              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                              Daniel: Oh! You see?
                              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Another Maybourne episode. Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                                X