Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Watergate (407)

Default Re: Watergate (407)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke80a
    I might be sounding sentemental, but I thought that it was nice to see the original Gate and DHD connected up for the first time in thousands of years!
    Wow, I hadn't even considered that the Russians were using the Giza gate. I guess you're right! It would be cool if Jack said something to the effect of "Oh, hey, there's the old gate. Our new one is better, you know."

It just occured to me last night that they could probably steal a DHD from an abandoned planet and take it through the gate to Earth. They'd just have to take a Naquidah reactor through and dial out manually.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn
    Why then did the wormhole shutdown after 38 minutes, while Sokar was continously sending the signal of the particle beam through the wormhole?
    Personally, I think it was the water that was keeping the gate open, not the data stream from the probe. It seemed like the water knew a lot more about the gate than we do. I mean, it locked all the chevrons at once, dialing Earth so fast that O'Niell and Teal'c had to hit dirt in order to avoid the Kawoosh. Plus, it had the motivation...it wanted to keep the lights on until the Mayborne/Teal'c puddle was able to return.

I thought this was a cool episode, very different. It was really nifty seeing Marina as a Stargate character, and I love it when SG-1 breaks out the black commando gear. Sam looks better in this episode than any other (at least that I've seen), because she has the gorgeous long hair and the black gear. The only way she could look better would be a P-90, but they don't start using those until the next episode.

I do have one question, though. What of the underwater ruins? They were obviously made by something roughly humanoid in configuration rather than smart water. They looked awesome, but their presence is never explained. They seem to have no connection to the story. Unless the intelligent water rose up to kill the inhabitants, but that would seem out of character. Maybe I missed something? Any thoughts?

Second Lieutenant

I thought it was a pretty cool episode in my opinion but I liked when they interacted with the russians in "The Tomb" even more!

Daniel Re: Watergate (407)

You gotta love Daniel here, I mean he even does the "I've never seen anything like this, I think I'll stick my hand in it!" thing, and if he wasn't talking he'd of had that look on his face.
    Spoiler:
    Before you met me I was a fairy princess
    I caught frogs and called them prince
    And made myself a queen
    Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
    I slept in castles and fell in love
    Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
    To capture tinkerbell
    They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
    But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
    And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
    And anything I can to get by
    And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Chief Master Sergeant angsty_otaku's Avatar

so after talking about clocks and the swiss today with my boyfriend, i decided to give the "sub is swiss" stargate quote...and then he posed an interesting question. if the swiss are landlocked...why would they have a sub and if they're always netural why would they even be in the sub producing business. also what does the fire quote imply?

What i thought was odd was when Oneill said that he'd never been in a submarine before...but a few eps earlier he had in Small Victories when they were destroying the Replicaters

But all round i really enjoyed watching this ep, i forgot how good it is!!!

This is one of my favorite ep. Marina did a great job. I loved the O'Neill side of Daniel. I too would have loved to see more of Markov.

Major General

One thing i would lvoe to know... Was there ever any 'humanoid' inhabitants of that planet?? IMO there must have, to have constructed all those buildings, plinths etc...

I have just rewatched this episode i forgot how good it was.
    but i have to admit that it is a bit hard geting in to,
    but i loved the end where they relised what was happening

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Watergate (407)

I was really impressed that the writers finally stepped out of their little bubble and started to include foreign nations in the Stargate storyline. The Russians were an obvious first choice, seeing as how the Cold War was based around technological exploration. Seeing as how the Stargate is the single largest technological marvel of all time you would think someone else would have picked up on it. I loved how realistic the Russian facility was, a famous CIA operative once said that all the Soviet Union is was new paint jobs on top of rusty machines. Even though the Soviet Union is dead Russia still operates with an all flash no bang type of society. In the end the Russians just couldn't afford to have their own Stargate program. I didn't much care for the premise of the episode, but all of the small things made it worth while.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake View Post
    I was really impressed that the writers finally stepped out of their little bubble and started to include foreign nations in the Stargate storyline. The Russians were an obvious first choice, seeing as how the Cold War was based around technological exploration. Seeing as how the Stargate is the single largest technological marvel of all time you would think someone else would have picked up on it. I loved how realistic the Russian facility was, a famous CIA operative once said that all the Soviet Union is was new paint jobs on top of rusty machines. Even though the Soviet Union is dead Russia still operates with an all flash no bang type of society. In the end the Russians just couldn't afford to have their own Stargate program. I didn't much care for the premise of the episode, but all of the small things made it worth while.
    ditto. amazing fx. new alien race. maybourne.
    an enjoyable episode.

daniel doing an o'neill is pretty funny too.

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

In Soviet Russia, water drinks you!

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...watergate.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Just watched this episode last night, and it does leaves alot of question as a whole

Like will the Russian continue with their Stargate program, how will SGC address the issue of their information leaking out to the russian....

Those russians could ruin our friendship with other aliens such the Asgard, Torlans, Nox, Tok Ra and so on. They should know the existence of those civilization and all the technology they have

All these questions will answered as the series continues

I'm assuming your a new Gater. I apologize if I'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by L E E View Post
    daniel doing an o'neill is pretty funny too.
    "The gage must be malfunctioning. But it's swiss" lmao

fantastic episode

I think it was a pretty cool episode !

Big Teal'c and I have finally something in common, we're both afraid of jumping out of airplanes .

And some funny lines from Daniel

Rating : 7 / 10

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

9) Watergate: What else are you going to call an episode focusing on the team’s investigation of a secret Russian project in which a second gate is connected to a water planet - with disastrous results? Okay, granted, it could’ve been called plenty of other things and when Rob Cooper first suggested calling his episode Watergate, I remember we all laughed. Well, as it turned out, Rob was the last man laughing.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/

"Holy frozen bad guys". Great line!

God maybourne is an ass. Jack should have shot him. a good ep by the way
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

OK...not my fave ep, just doesn't do much for me, although the fx are cool....

But I couldn't help but wonder at the beginning...the SGC gate doesn't engage and Sam goes up to figure out what's wrong...nothing new, she does this all the time, right? BUT who does it when SG1 is off world and there's a problem? Because it seems that she's the only one who can figure out the problem and fix it.... (I'm known for my random thoughts, sorry)

Love all the little quips in this ep!
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by drewandian View Post
    But I couldn't help but wonder at the beginning...the SGC gate doesn't engage and Sam goes up to figure out what's wrong...nothing new, she does this all the time, right? BUT who does it when SG1 is off world and there's a problem? Because it seems that she's the only one who can figure out the problem and fix it.... (I'm known for my random thoughts, sorry)
    They have techs. Techs can usually fix things. It's just that if you have someone who really knows what they are doing, that person can fix the problem a lot faster then techs could.

Personally, if I see a problem that I know I can fix quickly, I grow impatient watching techs take care of it. I usually end up shooing them away and fixing it myself, even if it's not my job. I'm guessing Sam's the same way with the gate. It's not her job to fix it, but she can't just sit there and watch the techs still trying to figure out what's wrong when she already knows how to fix it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast