• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watergate (407)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 407

The Russians recover a Stargate from the bottom of the ocean, and turn to the S.G.C. for help when their experiments go awry.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:24 PM.

Maybe I'm just doing the typical "newbie's gonna post everywhere and be un-newbiefied" thing but nevertheless, I love just about every Earth-based episode for some reason and I really liked this one. The whole scandal situation really works on SG-1 because of its setting and this was no exception.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

This ep is pretty straight forward, I thought. One question and one comment, really.

How did Maybourne get there?

And Marina's Russian accent is amusing.

Comment

Mayborne was working for the NID who was selling their info to the Russians. The NID was selling info to the Russians because the Ruassians were willing to help the NID where the SGC wouldn't.

So the NID supplied Mayborne to help the Russians get their gate program off the ground, he was a liason of sorts.

My favorite part of this episode was after Daniel and Markov are putting out the fire:

DANIEL : Well given the obvious solid craftsmanship that went into this thing. I dont see how this could have possibly happened.
        MARKOV : If youre implying that everything Russian made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
        DANIEL : So they occasionally catch fire but they keep perfect time?
        DANIEL : Sorry, (murmuring) Ive been hanging around Jack ONEILL too much.

~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I loved that little conversation!
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            My favorite part of this episode was after Daniel and Markov are putting out the fire:

DANIEL : Well given the obvious solid craftsmanship that went into this thing. I dont see how this could have possibly happened.
            MARKOV : If youre implying that everything Russian made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
            DANIEL : Sorry, (murmuring) Ive been hanging around Jack ONEILL too much.

Yep, very funny. A good episode, overall, and nice to see Marina.
            I hope her character comes back, sometime.
            sigpic

Comment

Weird Water Creatures

Comment

I just realized... WATERGATE... like the scandal... hahaha

Comment

Oh yeah... Maybourne in the freezer... that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

I like that to.
                    And later:
                    MARKOV: The Gauge must be malfunctioning.
                    DANIEL: but...It's swiss?

Also I like the plane out of jumping scene. Where big bad warrior Teal'c is scared of it and wimpy nerdy boy Daniel just grimaces and jumps.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

I like it when they see the screen crack, they don't look too happy.
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                        MARKOV: The Gauge must be malfunctioning.
                        DANIEL: but...It's swiss?
                        That is my favourite line of the episode, and quite possibly the funniest in SG1. It's so my friends and I style of humour, it cracks me up every time I merely think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          I like it when they see the screen crack, they don't look too happy.
                          They thought they were about to drown. You know? glup...glup...glup..oh look I'm dead!?!

You weren't be to happy ni the face of ipending doom either I'd bet.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Yeah, I too think I'd be a bit freaky! lol

__

__

Comment

One of my favorite epsiodes, for Marina if for nothing else. I didn't even realize it was her until after I had finished the epsiode. Considering I found her character really annoying through most of TNG, it was nice to enjoy her. Aside from the fact that her name should have been Markova not Markov (Russian surnames are gender specific). I adored her interaction with Daniel, they had nice chemistry togeather and I keep hopign we'll see her again.

I also felt incredibly geeky because after about two minutes I said, "she's wearing an east german jacket..." Markov's jacket is Nationale Volksarmee issue rainpattern camoflage. I compared it against a sample in my closet. Which only made her comment about the sub being swiss more funny to me, because the Russians make some of the best minisubs in the world, and I'm pretty sure they make nice warm jackets too, without using fifteen year old german coats.

Comment

Working...
                              X