Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vala's true fate and possible return (Spoilers for Beachhead and end of S9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's true fate and possible return (Spoilers for Beachhead and end of S9)

At the end of the last episode, there was speculation as to whether or not Vala survived the destruction of her ship on the SuperGate. SG-1 seemed to agree that after her matter-stream fell into a black hole that she might have emerged in the Ori Galaxy. That would be a nice and very plausible theory IF THE BLACK HOLE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ORI GALAXY. The Black Hole is not a doorway to the Ori galaxy. If it was, why the hell did they need to build the SuperGate at all? The singularity was being created not as a doorway, but as the power source for the SuperGate, so it could remain open and tied to the SuperGate in the Ori Galaxy indefinitely. And since the Milky Way SuperGate was destroyed, there is no way for anyone to reach the Ori Galaxy, unless they went through the original gate on that planet, which was occupied with an INCOMING wormhole, that is, before it was crushed by the gravitational tidal forces and/or shock wave. Oops.

So, in conclusion, it is most likely that Vala is not in the Ori Galaxy, but relaxing as a mass of supercrushed particles within the black hole. If it turns out the writers have some other vision of what actually happened, they are going to have a lot of explaining to do.

-HDS

If by any chance the wormhole was still active on the planet, maybe the matter stream from the transport rings can go both ways through an incoming worm hole, like radio waves etc...

Comment

ZPM's are built on black hole tech using entropy of the singularity which would be a zero point. so it wasnt really a black hole being built with the planets collapse it was a huge ZPM

Comment

that would get TPTB out of alot of explaining
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

You have to remember that this is science fiction where death is little more than a bad career move and not at all permanent. Spock died and showed up in the next feature film. Arnold Rimmer started out in Red Dwarf being dead and stayed that way. Harry Kim died and was immediately replaced with a Harry from an alternate Universe. Etc, etc, etc.

So, for season 10, I confidently predict that the SG-1 team will consist of

1. Vala, back from the dead, or somewhere,

2. Vala's Evil Twin.

3. Vala from an alternate Universe.

4. The Ghosts of Valas Present, Past and Future.

5. A hologram of Vala residing in a computer. Hmmmm. Perhaps HALA 9000?

Stargate Command will be headed by none other than Lieutenant General Georgette Smith Patton-Mal Duran, (Old Blood and Abs.)

UCSBdad

Comment

We haven't seen the last of our beloved Vala. If they can bring Daniel back to the show, they can bring her back. They'll think of something.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              We haven't seen the last of our beloved Vala. If they can bring Daniel back to the show, they can bring her back. They'll think of something.
              Ugh... just because they did it, doesn't make it right. The damn PTB have overdone the whole dying and coming back thing. Waaaay overdone it.
              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Yeah, but Daniel actually died. Who's saying she did? They could explain some reason on how she survived the journey to the Ori galaxy. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They'll find a way to bring her back, whether it creates a plothole or not. I don't think she died- unless the Ori detected the matter stream and somehow brought her back.
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Maybe she Ascended? I mean people have ascended for much less and she did risk her life for everyone.
                    We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog
                      Maybe she Ascended? I mean people have ascended for much less and she did risk her life for everyone.
                      Nah, she couldn't have ascended. Vala wouls surely be kicked out of the higher plane in a matter of days, and Claudia Black isn't contracted to return this season.

Vala either A) got sucked through the wormhole to the Ori galaxy, or B) ringed to another nearby Jaffa ship. It's certainly possible that Gerak had more than one cloaked scout there to watch how things turn out.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog
                        I like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          Nah, she couldn't have ascended. Vala wouls surely be kicked out of the higher plane in a matter of days, and Claudia Black isn't contracted to return this season.

Vala either A) got sucked through the wormhole to the Ori galaxy, or B) ringed to another nearby Jaffa ship. It's certainly possible that Gerak had more than one cloaked scout there to watch how things turn out.
                          B) is quite possible. But why the frell do you think that Vala doesn't deserve ascension? If she didn't do what she did they all would be dead by now.

Comment

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow
                            At the end of the last episode, there was speculation as to whether or not Vala survived the destruction of her ship on the SuperGate. SG-1 seemed to agree that after her matter-stream fell into a black hole that she might have emerged in the Ori Galaxy. That would be a nice and very plausible theory IF THE BLACK HOLE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ORI GALAXY. The Black Hole is not a doorway to the Ori galaxy. If it was, why the hell did they need to build the SuperGate at all? The singularity was being created not as a doorway, but as the power source for the SuperGate, so it could remain open and tied to the SuperGate in the Ori Galaxy indefinitely. And since the Milky Way SuperGate was destroyed, there is no way for anyone to reach the Ori Galaxy, unless they went through the original gate on that planet, which was occupied with an INCOMING wormhole, that is, before it was crushed by the gravitational tidal forces and/or shock wave. Oops.

So, in conclusion, it is most likely that Vala is not in the Ori Galaxy, but relaxing as a mass of supercrushed particles within the black hole. If it turns out the writers have some other vision of what actually happened, they are going to have a lot of explaining to do.
                            Actually, you're thinking of just one type of black hole. True, in the most commonly-known type of black hole, you'd either get spaghetified and crushed (normal sized black hole) or else you'd reach the singularity and have whatever happens when you reach the essential end of time and space happen (supermassive black hole, at the center of galaxies). It may be possible that the spaghetification is the better fate, but that's not really saying much.

Anyway, there's a third type of black hole; a spinning black hole (a miniature one of these is probably what the planet may form into when forced to collapse the way it was, likely from keeping the inertia of its rotation). Entering one of these from just the right angle (along the axis of rotation, I believe; my Black Holes and Time Warps book isn't handy right now, so I hope I got that part right), the gravitational forces won't be infinite like any other black hole, and you'll actually be able to pass through the black hole to some place on the other side (could be a baby universe forming in the black hole, or one it may've been in the process of forming a wormhole to; the latter was likely the case here due to the Ori being able to send information through even after the full collapse of the planet w/ the stargate), assuming you were able to survive the level of gravitation that was present. Since Vala was just a matter stream, she would've been able to, and probably wound up getting put back together again on Celestis. So, there is indeed a way that Vala could've survived.

-Bloodaxe
                            Last edited by Erik Bloodaxe; 22 August 2005, 11:44 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                              B) is quite possible. But why the frell do you think that Vala doesn't deserve ascension? If she didn't do what she did they all would be dead by now.
                              Oh please. If that was the case, half the friggen SGC would be ascended. Ascension is an overplayed card, 'Get out of Death Free' if you like. And if Janet or Jacob dont get one (who btw, were much better reccuring characters), then Vala DEFINATELY doesn't get one.

Comment

Working...
                              X