This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LORD MONK + grammer
    Where does it say that the Ori created the plague? As of right now, the Wraith created it.
    Where are you getting the idea that the Wraith created the plague? The plague happened millions of years before the Wraith were even around, before the Lantians even left the Milky Way to go to Pegasus.
    What you're saying is impossible; the events took place millions of years apart.

There is lots of evidence that the Ori created the plague that afflicted the Alterans, specifically in the episode The Powers That Be:

Spoiler:
    LAM: I've pretty much ruled out bacterial infection at this point
    I'm treating with an antiviral cocktail, we're just gonna have to
    wait and see

JACKSON: any idea why the hand device seems to have lost its
    effectiveness?

LAM: First I'd have to understand even remotely how that
    thing works. I do know it's not unheard of for viruses to mutate and
    become immune to whatever's trying to attack it

JACKSON: alright…I don't know if this helps or not but we know the
    ancients were almost wiped out by a similar plague
    . I'm just bringing it up in case there's something in the research that's already been done.

VALA: You think the Ori gave it to them?

LAM: I am aware that sg-1 was infected with a virus and then cured
    by an ancient found frozen down in Antarctica. Now…the symptoms and
    rate of progression here…are remarkably similar

Originally posted by LORD MONK
    How can someone bring the plague with them and not kill everyone.
    Did you miss my post above explaining that?

Originally posted by Myself
    You ever heard of Tyhpoid Mary? People can be carriers of diseases and not be afflicted by them. I think the ancient Ayiana is an example of that.
    The Alterans were leaving their home galaxy for another one. All the Ori had to do was infect a few of those refugees before they left, and the plague would spread to anybody those ancients encountered.

In other words, the Ori don't need to know where the Milky Way galaxy is in order to infect the ancients living here.

Originally posted by LORD MONK
    The Plague will kill everyone and quick. Just like it did in Antarctica. Got it, sick, dead.
    Nobody died in Antarctica except Ayiana. Everyone that came down with symptoms was healed by Ayiana, except Jack O'Neill, who was sent to the Tok'ra to be joined with a symbiote, which ultimately cured him (oddly enough).
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      Where are you getting the idea that the Wraith created the plague? The plague happened millions of years before the Wraith were even around, before the Lantians even left the Milky Way to go to Pegasus.
      What you're saying is impossible; the events took place millions of years apart.

There is lots of evidence that the Ori created the plague that afflicted the Alterans, specifically in the episode The Powers That Be:

Spoiler:
      LAM: I've pretty much ruled out bacterial infection at this point
      I'm treating with an antiviral cocktail, we're just gonna have to
      wait and see

JACKSON: any idea why the hand device seems to have lost its
      effectiveness?

LAM: First I'd have to understand even remotely how that
      thing works. I do know it's not unheard of for viruses to mutate and
      become immune to whatever's trying to attack it

JACKSON: alright…I don't know if this helps or not but we know the
      ancients were almost wiped out by a similar plague
      . I'm just bringing it up in case there's something in the research that's already been done.

VALA: You think the Ori gave it to them?

LAM: I am aware that sg-1 was infected with a virus and then cured
      by an ancient found frozen down in Antarctica. Now…the symptoms and
      rate of progression here…are remarkably similar

Did you miss my post above explaining that?

Nobody died in Antarctica except Ayiana. Everyone that came down with symptoms was healed by Ayiana, except Jack O'Neill, who was sent to the Tok'ra to be joined with a symbiote, which ultimately cured him (oddly enough).
      Maybe the Ori had the plague to and that's what happened to them. I think TPTB needes to touch base on this topic and explain. For all we know we both could be right. In the Onipedea about the Ancients it states that they where wiped out by a great plague and some excaped death by Ascention or something like that.
      The Ori also could have greated a different stran of the plague that is very similar. Just like there are different strans of the flu. They soupposed to be all knowing.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
      X