This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox and the Asgard relative to the Ori

Once again, another wild theory (this forum is flooding with them these weeks) probably wrong but fun to think about.

I was wondering about the Nox and the Asgard being part of the original alliance with the Ancients and Furlings.

Our Galaxy is protected by the Ancients from the direct onslaught of the Ori and I assume that the Asgard, wherever they are at the moment, are also protected since they haven't mentioned the Ori. (Either that or the Asgard can so easily repel the Ori that the Ori are essentially ants and thus not worth mentioning... somehow i doubt that). Anyway, the Nox live in our Galaxy and in a way they are also being protected by the Ancients.

So both the Asgard and the Nox are being protected by the Ancients. Now assuming the Ori are not a recent uprising but have been around for a long time then it would stand to reason that maybe the Asgard and the Nox know/knew about the Ori and deliberatly settled in galaxies that were protected by the Ancients (maybe the Asgard and the Nox have an agreement with Ancients). In turn this might mean Asgard and the Nox CAN'T fight the Ori themselves or at the very least are afraid of them (unlike their attitude toward the Goauld).

If that's the case, we are SO screwed.

I've been wondering about the relationship between the 4 races and the Ori. Could it be possible that the threat the great alliance was created to fight against was the Ori? It was originally implied that the threat was the Goa'uld, but I doubt that because any one of the 4 races could have easily wiped them. That leaves me with the question of who was so powerful that it took all 4 races to defeat them?

Comment

Good point.

Might also explain the fate of the Furlings. The Furlings may either have been assimilated by the Ori, or totally destroyed by them. Afterall, the ancients were nearly wiped out by a plague, but some survived. Maybe the Furlings weren't so lucky. The Nox also appear to be severly depleted in numbers, would make sense if their civilization was nearly obliterated. The Asgard however cheat because they can clone themselves.

Alternatively, the Furlings may have sacrificed themselves to protect all the others.

If any of the above is the case, the Nox should crawl out of their hole and the Asgard should put their little grey butts on the line because its going to take a new alliance to meet the return of Ori on even terms.

Would also be worthwhile for the Tollan to come back.

Comment

It makes more sense that that the great Alliance was greated to fight the Ori. My guess is the Battle field was in the Furling Galaxy seems how the Ori don't know about ours or the Asgards and Pegesas galaxies.

Also, when they where battling they were not Ascended yet. The Asgard never mention that the Ancients ascended, they just say they left our region of space along time ago meaning they went to the Pegesas Galaxy. MMMMmmmm. What do you think? I think we are on to something!!!
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

If the Nox were at one time fighting the Ori, the Ori would obviously be aware of them, and if the Ori are aware of the Nox then they would also have already been aware of the MW, since the Nox share our galaxy. Now we know that the Ori have only recently been made aware of the MW and our presence in it, so either the Nox were never engaged in a war with the Ori or the Nox aren’t originally from the MW.

Comment

I doubt that the alliance was formed to defend against the Ori since the Asgard said that the alliance was forged over many millennia.

Comment

Not against the Ori, but againt the Ori before they ascended. It is pure specualation and fun to talk about.
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

O'ya, and just because the Nox is from are Galaxy doesn't mean they can't fight a war in another. Maybe that is why they are so suttle. Their whole race was nearly wiped out by WAR and now they won't even let the bad die.

Comment

Maybe they're the furlings? hahaha
                  We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog
                    Maybe they're the furlings? hahaha
                    i second that idea. a third anyone?

Comment

The Nox are pretty hairy, maybe they were humanoid and then genetically fused with the Furlings to become the Nox.

Would make them like the wraith, humans fused with the life-sucking bugs to become the wraith.

Comment

What if the Furlings were the unascended Ori? After all, we do not know anything about them ...
                        Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

heres a thought what if the Orii were defeated by the Furling race which used its strength in essence destroying themselves to destroy the Orii but instead they mearly set them back and didn't destroy them. By that time the ancients had learned to ascend and protected the milkyway on another plane whichg should have lasted forever. That was until Daniel and Vala came along and opened the doors of our galaxy from the antients protection.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

enough with the furlings!!!!!

Comment

It would make a great deal of sense, that the alliance was created to fight against the Ori, another thing the Ori had to be aware of this galaxy at some point, in order to create a plague, that nearly wiped out the Ancients, since the plague began on the planet that the team found Daniel on.

They just didn't realize that the Ancients recreated life in this galaxy, if this is the case the Ori couldn't have the been the enemy of the alliance, unless the place from "Torment of Tantalus" only served as neutral territory, a safehaven from the Ori.

The Nox never did fight anyone, because, I can't remember his name, but the one who told O'Neill to take his ways with him, and you attempt to save his body after poisoning his mind, said that their ways had served his people for as long as they had been.

Comment

Working...
                              X