Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3542434445

Default Re: Window of Opportunity (406)

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    I take that image to mean she hoped she was pregnant, not that she was.
    Yes I would go along with that. I think there is room for both interpretations.
    As Anya said, there is room for everyones imagination.
    I still think Jack is not a strictly moral person. There are lots of examples where he falls down. (The Other Side comes immediately to mind) He would be a pretty boring character if he didn't.

Jack is a rebel, but for the MOST part he is a well intentioned rebel... and just because we never heard about it, doesn't mean he didn't go back to places he promised to go back to...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
    Jack is a rebel, but for the MOST part he is a well intentioned rebel... and just because we never heard about it, doesn't mean he didn't go back to places he promised to go back to...
    That's true but it is a TV programme and if the audience doesn't see it, to all intents and purposes, it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
    That's true but it is a TV programme and if the audience doesn't see it, to all intents and purposes, it hasn't happened.
    Good TV always leaves room to each single viewer to 'think on' - so to each his/her own!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Good TV always leaves room to each single viewer to 'think on' - so to each his/her own!
    Absolutely.

Funniest episode so far in the series. The golf scene had me rolling with laughter.

Now that Jack and Teal'c fluently know the language of the Ancients, I wonder what they will do with this knowledge in future episodes...

It was confusing how they learned yet another way to use the Stargate to time travel, but the Ancients couldn't figure out a way to not make it a 10 hour loop. In the previous season the Humans figured out how to travel several decades into the past (and back again). You would think the Ancients would be smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Science View Post
    It was confusing how they learned yet another way to use the Stargate to time travel, but the Ancients couldn't figure out a way to not make it a 10 hour loop. In the previous season the Humans figured out how to travel several decades into the past (and back again). You would think the Ancients would be smarter than that.
    Well, that way is not exactly reliable. And you do learn more about the Ancients in future episodes..

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

This episode has the second highest score of the show (after Lost City) on IMDb, and deservedly so. Very funny yet poignant.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

One of my favorite episodes, I think. It has just about everything you'd want from an episode -- at least, what I would want from an episode. You've got off-world shenanigans, gates activating, off-world tech going out of whack (with the help of a desperate man), our characters getting thrown into a new challenge -- Jack and Teal'c having to take on the mantle of linguists, and a nice portion of some well placed comedy.

You really feel for Malakai when you realize what he's trying to do, and I absolutely love Jack's response when he talks about his son and the loss, something he wouldn't want to go through again -- even if it meant he could see him again. Wouldn't we all want to have that one opportunity to be with the people we love and lost, but at what cost. 14 planets are looping through the same 10h. You can only imagine what was happening on any of those planets -- even though, none of their inhabitants would ever know they fell over that small stair hundreds of times, got killed by a falling tree, lost their dog, got obliterated by an enemy force... It's all left to our imagination, but it ups the cost of Malakai's actions.

Yup -- a really enjoyable episode.

How would you rate SG-1's "Window of Opportunity?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

One goof that I hadn't noticed before: the second time we see Jack and Teal'c in the infirmary, the nurse puts the thermometer in Teal'c's mouth when the camera is still focused on the foreground on Jack, but next when it's aimed at Teal'c's face, the thermometer is again stuck between his lips by the nurse who is supposed to be no longer there since she walked away earlier. It's basically the same action happening twice, which constitutes a continuity error.

This concludes week 25 (which was last week -- this week is 26 by the way, so that'll follow suit).

3-episode quiz: Window Of Opportunity, Watergate & The First Ones

Jigsaw puzzle: Window Of Opportunity
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; April 6th, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

If I'm being honest, I'm not your typical Stargate fan. I don't follow the norms of likes and dislikes. To that end, this episode is only a good for me. I like the humor anf the fun yhat it is Jack and Tealc ( the not smart ones) have to solve the problem. Its a fun and entertaining episode but not the best of Stargate. I also bet FH threw a fit when she saw Mallozzi has a PhD. 7 minutes and 52 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I also bet FH threw a fit when she saw Mallozzi has a PhD. 7 minutes and 52 seconds
    No, not really.
    Just amused.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

12:33 for the puzzle.

We are going to watch this episode later tonight as a family. It is my family's favorite!

Love this episode! My whole family watched this one together.

At the end when Malachi pushes the three buttons to stop the time loop machine, my whole family together says " control, alt, delete."

Quote Originally Posted by BethHG View Post
    At the end when Malachi pushes the three buttons to stop the time loop machine, my whole family together says " control, alt, delete."

Errors:

1. There is a Stonehenge type gate behind the stargate,but it keeps disappearing during the episode:
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/01.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/02.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/03.jpg

2. SG-1 is planning to dial home, but the MALP is behind the gate.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/01.jpg

3.The rock is bouncing back from Malakai's shield what leaves a mark, but this one won't be visible later.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/05.jpg

4. The sun is above the Stonehenge type compley. Probably they have built only half of the set, so we can never see the Stargate and the Ancient keyboard type machine at the same time. When our heroes goes to the time machine or to the stargate, the shadows of the coloumns should be reversed as the light resource, the local sun still shines from the same direction.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/06.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/08.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x06/07.jpg

5.Daniel mentioned the he can speak Latin quite well now as he could hear it a few years ago from Jack. But he is an archeologist, so we would expect that he must have learnt some Latin anyway at the university.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    5.Daniel mentioned the he can speak Latin quite well now as he could hear it a few years ago from Jack. But he is an archeologist, so we would expect that he must have learnt some Latin anyway at the university.
    Not necessarily.

I did 2 years of archaeology at University and we didn't have languages, dead or alive. Neither Greek or Latin.

My sister has a degree in Assyriology and they had Arameic, and cuneiform as far as languages went. The Egyptologist got hyroglyphics. But us, archaeologist, got no languages at all.

Okay. I had a year of medical Latin as a pharmacist. I can read and write presctiptions and I know a few proverbs, but I definately can't speak it.

You know our multi-talented Daniel is fluent in so many languages. Maya, Egyptian, Sumerian, Goa'uld, Chinese, Russian... But probably they meant this dialogue as a reference back to season 2 and I am sure he only refreshed his memories.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    You know our multi-talented Daniel is fluent in so many languages. Maya, Egyptian, Sumerian, Goa'uld, Chinese, Russian... But probably they meant this dialogue as a reference back to season 2 and I am sure he only refreshed his memories.
    To be fair, I don't quite know where Daniel learned those dozen languages.
    Because unless he double majored in linguistics, as a archaeology student he wouldn't have come in contact with any of them except maybe the Egyptian hyroglyphics and the cuneiforms (Goa'uld he learned offworld).

9:56 and 14/15

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3542434445