No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt any sleep was required, since the loop ended too quickly ever time to need it
    __

__

Comment

hmm, what would you guys do if you were stuck in a loop? Watch every episode of stargate over and over? <g>.....I need season 6 dvds...hmm....
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure. I know I would get tired of it relatively quickly if I wasn't working on some way to get out of it (which I wouldn't know how to do). I'd probably just do something mundane like read.

Comment

I would probably do all the stuff that I probably wouldnt do under normal circumstances, like crash a car, jump out of a plane, stuff like that (Makes ya wonder if the Time Loop device will bring people back from the dead who are a part of the loop....)

If you think about it though Anubis, O'Neill and Teal'c's mind are remembering everything that has happened to them, so even though their body gets rejuvenated, their minds are still processing all that has happened (though its possible they slept during the loop and the director just chose not to show it since it would take away from the humor of the episode)
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

"ON MY BACK SWING?!"

I loved that line. And when Jack asked Teal'c how far away that planet was.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

That's gotta be a record

Comment

I like Jack's continuing frustration once he realizes he is stuck in the loop, and dropping his spoon of Fruit Loops into the bowl.

Jack: Ask me tomorrow.
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I was so mad when Sci-Fi skipped it last time on Weekdays at 6pm, I wanted to hurt them. Golfing, "That has to be a record" - Jack.

"Resign?!?!?!?! For what?!?!" -General
                  "So I can do this..." - Jack
                  *kisses Sam*
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                    "Resign?!?!?!?! For what?!?!" -General
                    "So I can do this..." - Jack
                    *kisses Sam*
                    *sigh*
                    This was definately for the shippers.
                    but then, it had something for everyone. yay.

Comment

YAY for the ship scene!!!
                      __

__

Comment

I would mack it with Carter if I would just loop without conseciences.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I'm not a shipper at all, but I loved that sence!
                          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I have to agree, even if you're not a shipper it was a good surprising scene that nobody really expected
                            __

__

Comment

The funniest episode ever.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts sgeureka. When I wrote the post I wasn’t really trying to be serious. Just have always had these superfluous thoughts about the blackboard and the language thing every time I see this episode. Just wondered if anybody else had thought about it.

Originally posted by sgeureka
                                Daniel would have to redo each blackboard in each loop (remember the voice recorder) but I think after translating a few, O'Neill and Teal'c would have remembered enough to go on to the next few (new) blackboards.
                                Yeah, I knew the part about the tape recorder. My point though is that it would be a real time killer for Daniel to have to rewrite even one or two of those chalkboards every loop (or for me it would be. It looked somewhat complicated.). They only have 10 hours to work with and who knows how long it took them every time to explain the situation and get past the visit to the infirmary. I’m pretty much settled on the idea that Daniel had already written out the boards before they ever traveled to the planet the first time so thus they were already there every loop. Leading me back to why hadn’t Daniel already been translating them? So to answer myself, I guess maybe Daniel needed to see the site first hand since he kept asking Jack to describe the layout of the ruins. I'll stop there because the episode is meant to be fun and one could go around in loops to try to understand the little things that really have no bearing on the plot. Heck, why have chalkboards in the first place. (I guess they made for better props than a PC.) Daniel had pictures of the writing on his computer. Just translate it using the pics and his computer. I know this is a stupid topic to discuss, but it was late at night and I was bored when I made the original post.

The thing about the needing sleep still bothers me, though. Of course I don’t want to see that on screen, so if they did, it was off camera. Even if the machine resets everything except Jack and T’s memories, going weeks without sleep (or Kelno'reem (sp?) in Teal’c’s case), even though your body doesn’t need it, has got to affect you mentally. So I guess technically they wouldn’t need sleep but to keep their sanity they would, IMO. Maybe on some of those loops he took off, Jack just crashed for the 10 hours to save himself the frustration.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X