• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window of Opportunity (406)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 406

O'Neill and Teal'c are caught in a time loop in the S.G.C., and must relive the same 10 hours over and over again.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:29 PM.

Hum... what can I say. My favorite ep
    :: How Would You Feel About Life If Death Was Your Older Sister? ::

Comment

I like this episode. Pre-season 7, I saw no ship. Now, since this season has made everything suspect (for me at least) I just fast forward through that scene, and watch it for the great comedy episode I believe it to be.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This is my favourite episode. I love the comedy and the kiss, but it also has the sad bit near the end.
        sigpic

Comment

I would have to say this is my fav ep. The site of Jack and Teal'c chippin' golf balls through the stargate.... hilarious.

Comment

This has got to be the funniest and one of the best episodes I have ever watched. Love the reaction on Jack's face everytime they go back to the beginning.
            "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

this is such a great ep. they had humor running through out the show...jack's face when he saw another bowl of fruitloops in front of him...teal'c slamming the door...the tape recorder idea..."what in my eyes could explain this?"..."maybe he read your report?"..."working on my backswing?"...then the mood change of "i lost my son" that was just wow...and rda's delivery was just perfect. such a great episode :-)
              My flickr photography.

Comment

Perhaps my fav episode...season 7 should've had something like this. I hope S8 does.

One of the best parts is when they are hitting golf balls through the gate. Being a golfer I find it particulary amusing. Especially when Jack says some about it being a new record or hitting his ball the farthest ever or something like that.
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

a favorite of mine also. Star Trek has also done the time loop thing, and I thought Stargate's take on it was far superior. Much better comedy, much more fun.

Comment

Window of Opportunity is one of my faves to. Which star Trek did the time loop, cause i've seen all the Eps from TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Comment

TNG did one where Data, Troi, Dr. Crusher and Riker (and maybe Worf too) are all sitting around playing poker when each loop begins. After a few loops they begin to "know" in advance which cards will be dealt. Sorta cute, but not nearly as fun as Fruit Loops and Teal'c getting bonked in the head!

Comment

I thought it was a great episode, but I always wondered what would have happened if Jack or Teal'c had died in one of the loops. Would they have come back in the next loop, or would they just be dead, or would they remember being dead? Lots of possibilities.
                        sum ergo cogitum
                        I am therefore I think.

Comment

This was such a fun ep,I loved it!

The bit at the end where "Jack" convinces "Malachi" that he's just adding to his emotional pain as he could not change the outcome with his late wife & would just be torturing himself with repeatedly enduring her death was so sad.
                          It made me wonder though.If there was a way of going back in time & preventing "Charlie's" death,how would Jack deal with it.He knows what is out there & eventually it'd come to Earth.Would he be willing to stay with his family & just let somebody else handle it,going against his protective take-charge nature or would he give in and try to be a part of the SGC program{of course he'd have some explaining to do as to how he knew about it in the 1st place}.

I'm sorry to tag such a heavy note to such a light hearted ep,but it made me think more &more as I watched it.Fan-Fic somebody?
                          nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

This is the best episode....with the juggling..and the golf..and that kiss go jack go jack...and teal'c slamming that guy with the door oh amazing and the frustration on Dan's face as jack and tealc correct him....Its appeals to the viewer the most because think about it I mean if u could loop for a day and not face consequences that would be a gift to any person you could be anything do anything and then not have to face it the next day......Genius
                            Last edited by Ancient; 10 July 2004, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I will say one thing about this episode,

Right in the middle of my back swing!

That is one Stargate classic moments.
                              http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Working...
                              X