Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Window of Opportunity (406)

This is just a massively entertaining episode. That can be watched again and again. It is one of, if not, the most rewatchable episode in the entire series.

I love it. Espically what happens to Teal'c everytime the loop restarts

Yes, that part is amusing. I also like the part where Daniel questions Sam's thought that Jack read the report: "Maybe he read your report?" All with a questioning look on his face. Brilliant.

I liked the smile that Jack gave at the end also. Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836
    I love this episode
    So do I

I have always wondered if the language written on the chalkboards that Daniel, Jack, and Tealíc were translating was already written out before the time loop or did Daniel have to redo it every loop?
    Daniel would have to redo each blackboard in each loop (remember the voice recorder) but I think after translating a few, O'Neill and Teal'c would have remembered enough to go on to the next few (new) blackboards.

Iíve also wondered why do Jack and Tealíc have to actually learn Latin.
    <snip>
    All Daniel needs to do is work on translating the writing to English, and then an hour or so before the loop is to restart, Jack and Tealíc show up and memorize what Daniel has translated so far. Then when the next loop starts, and theyíve convinced Daniel to work on translating, Jack and T just tell Daniel what they know so far, and Daniel can pick up and go from there.
    Basically you are right, but I think it's easier to remember something when you're there when it is translated. So while Daniel is translating, Teal'c and O'Neill are there to "help" with the translation and to remember (maybe O'Neill was just looking through the Latin book becuase he was bored. Who knows )

On this thread, the question has been asked what if Jack or Tealíc die, will they come back the next loop?
    I would say it doesn't matter whether you die or not. The device sets everything back to the way it was at the beginning of the timeloop. All the smashed bugs would be alive again, all the slaughtered animals that were about to be fed to humans would be alive again, and so all humans would be alive again.

Is Malaki suggesting he killed Daniel when he shot him?
    I've never heard about that. I may have to think about that for a little while

Did Jack and Tealíc require any sleep during all that looping?
    Probably not. See above.

Oh and where did they get the golf clubs and clothes, whose bicycle is that, where is that potterís wheel, Ö
    From the production office upstairs. Just kidding
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

I doubt any sleep was required, since the loop ended too quickly ever time to need it

hmm, what would you guys do if you were stuck in a loop? Watch every episode of stargate over and over? <g>.....I need season 6 dvds...hmm....

I'm not sure. I know I would get tired of it relatively quickly if I wasn't working on some way to get out of it (which I wouldn't know how to do). I'd probably just do something mundane like read.

I would probably do all the stuff that I probably wouldnt do under normal circumstances, like crash a car, jump out of a plane, stuff like that (Makes ya wonder if the Time Loop device will bring people back from the dead who are a part of the loop....)

If you think about it though Anubis, O'Neill and Teal'c's mind are remembering everything that has happened to them, so even though their body gets rejuvenated, their minds are still processing all that has happened (though its possible they slept during the loop and the director just chose not to show it since it would take away from the humor of the episode)
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

"ON MY BACK SWING?!"

I loved that line. And when Jack asked Teal'c how far away that planet was.
    http://meteorxl.com/images/Mach/RA2.jpg
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

That's gotta be a record

I like Jack's continuing frustration once he realizes he is stuck in the loop, and dropping his spoon of Fruit Loops into the bowl.

Jack: Ask me tomorrow.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

I was so mad when Sci-Fi skipped it last time on Weekdays at 6pm, I wanted to hurt them. Golfing, "That has to be a record" - Jack.

"Resign?!?!?!?! For what?!?!" -General
    "So I can do this..." - Jack
    *kisses Sam*
    Itís the show that doesnít end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because itís the show that doesnít endÖ..

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by David85
    "Resign?!?!?!?! For what?!?!" -General
    "So I can do this..." - Jack
    *kisses Sam*
    *sigh*
    This was definately for the shippers.
    but then, it had something for everyone. yay.

YAY for the ship scene!!!

I would mack it with Carter if I would just loop without conseciences.
    http://meteorxl.com/images/Mach/RA2.jpg
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

I'm not a shipper at all, but I loved that sence!
    Itís the show that doesnít end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because itís the show that doesnít endÖ..

I have to agree, even if you're not a shipper it was a good surprising scene that nobody really expected

The funniest episode ever.

Thanks for the thoughts sgeureka. When I wrote the post I wasn’t really trying to be serious. Just have always had these superfluous thoughts about the blackboard and the language thing every time I see this episode. Just wondered if anybody else had thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgeureka
    Daniel would have to redo each blackboard in each loop (remember the voice recorder) but I think after translating a few, O'Neill and Teal'c would have remembered enough to go on to the next few (new) blackboards.
    Yeah, I knew the part about the tape recorder. My point though is that it would be a real time killer for Daniel to have to rewrite even one or two of those chalkboards every loop (or for me it would be. It looked somewhat complicated.). They only have 10 hours to work with and who knows how long it took them every time to explain the situation and get past the visit to the infirmary. I’m pretty much settled on the idea that Daniel had already written out the boards before they ever traveled to the planet the first time so thus they were already there every loop. Leading me back to why hadn’t Daniel already been translating them? So to answer myself, I guess maybe Daniel needed to see the site first hand since he kept asking Jack to describe the layout of the ruins. I'll stop there because the episode is meant to be fun and one could go around in loops to try to understand the little things that really have no bearing on the plot. Heck, why have chalkboards in the first place. (I guess they made for better props than a PC.) Daniel had pictures of the writing on his computer. Just translate it using the pics and his computer. I know this is a stupid topic to discuss, but it was late at night and I was bored when I made the original post.

The thing about the needing sleep still bothers me, though. Of course I don’t want to see that on screen, so if they did, it was off camera. Even if the machine resets everything except Jack and T’s memories, going weeks without sleep (or Kelno'reem (sp?) in Teal’c’s case), even though your body doesn’t need it, has got to affect you mentally. So I guess technically they wouldn’t need sleep but to keep their sanity they would, IMO. Maybe on some of those loops he took off, Jack just crashed for the 10 hours to save himself the frustration.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast