This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Read's Wardrobe

David Read, the legendary interviewer and convention goer at GateWorld.net has a fond liking of Hawiian shirts. In all but one videoed/photographed feature, David has worn a Hawiian shirt. There needs to be change here at GateWorld. I am sick and tired of David wearing these shirts! (as I am sure much of you are)
    I think he needs to think out of the square a little and try something new.
    Maybe you could try a plain shirt, a collared shirt and tie, a windsheeter or even a trech coat.
    Us Gateworlders need to voice our opinion on this issue.
    Should David Read keep wearing his lovely knitted Hawiian tshirts or not? It is your call.
    Cheers.

Disclaimer: This thread has not been created to harrass David in any way. It is just a but of fun.
    Sorry David if you have taken it that way.
    I await your input as well my friend.

To prove my point, this is David in every videoed/photographed feature. Enjoy.

The photo in the top right-hand corner is what we need to see more of David!
    Cheers once again!
    Last edited by duffarama; 21 August 2005, 07:21 AM.

ROFLMAO

I think its none of your business what he wears
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      ROFLMAO

I think its none of your business what he wears
      Well I need everyone's opinion regarding whether David should continue wearing his nice little Hawiian shirts. Just the sight of them bores me mate.
      I have PMed David about this matter and he should come up with a reply to this thread soon.
      It is my business. It's everyone's business!
      Last edited by duffarama; 21 August 2005, 07:46 AM. Reason: David rocks. :)

Comment

I am guessing he likes Hawaiian shirts

Starting a thread is one thing but PM'ing somebody and complaining about their clothes
        Respect your fellow users. Refrain from personal attacks and name-calling. Disagreements and debates are fine, but negative personal comments are not welcome. We want our forum to stay friendly! Stick to the issues and the arguments, and when the debate has concluded, agree to disagree.

Personal disputes are not welcome on the public discussion board. If you feel you must press a personal dispute with someone, do it in private e-mail.
        Doesnt this count as a negative personal comment
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          I am guessing he likes Hawaiian shirts

Starting a thread is one thing but PM'ing somebody and complaining about their clothes. Doesnt this count as a negative personal comment
          I am not complaining about his clothes. I just was wondering what the GateWorld community thought about them, and if he should try something new.
          It is all in good fun mate, and David knows that. He's a nice bloke.
          If he likes Hawaiian shirts, then so be it.
          We can't really change his mind on that one can we?

Comment

WTF? Who cares what shirts the guy wears? Hawiian print happens to look good on him! (and NO, I am NOT sucking up. Rue the day I ever do such a thing.)

In fact, I think I had a shirt like the red and white one ... I think. It may have been pink...I'm not entirly sure, but It was tropical-ey.

*glances around and tiptoes out*
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

If David like Hawaiin shirts, then he likes Hawaiin shirts, his choice
              And what's so wrong with Hawaiin shirts?
              ROFL

--Tan

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                WTF? Who cares what shirts the guy wears? Hawiian print happens to look good on him! (and NO, I am NOT sucking up. Rue the day I ever do such a thing.)

In fact, I think I had a shirt like the red and white one ... I think. It may have been pink...I'm not entirly sure, but It was tropical-ey.

*glances around and tiptoes out*
                I take it you are female.
                I guess the hawaiian shirts suit him somewhat, so that is a fair point. Maybe he wants to create an exotic aroma around him whenever he wants to interview someine
                Well I don't own a tropical shirt myself, just for you information.
                Looks like no one cares what he wears. I wonder who else feels that way.

Originally posted by scaryperson
                If David like Hawaiin shirts, then he likes Hawaiin shirts, his choice
                And what's so wrong with Hawaiin shirts?
                ROFL
                True true, there is nothing wrong with Hawaiian shirts.
                I guess it is a free world after all!
                Last edited by duffarama; 21 August 2005, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Well well ... I wasn't aware my wardrobe was under such scrutiny. I'm a nobody! Who cares what the heck I wear?

Take into consideration the locations where said special features footage is being shot: Los Angeles. Vancouver, Canada. During the seasons we're up there gathering material it's either warm or hot.

I will make no promises to change my wardrobe, but since I'm going back-to-school shopping soon I'll see what I can do. OR I may just maintain the trend to keep torturing you.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    Well well ... I wasn't aware my wardrobe was under such scrutiny. I'm a nobody! Who cares what the heck I wear?

Take into consideration the locations where said special features footage is being shot: Los Angeles. Vancouver, Canada. During the seasons we're up there gathering material it's either warm or hot.

I will make no promises to change my wardrobe, but since I'm going back-to-school shopping soon I'll see what I can do. OR I may just maintain the trend to keep torturing you.
                    You arn't a nobody David, I can give you that.
                    I guess you need to wear clothing to suit the conditions, so I agree with you on that one.
                    Hopefully when you do your shopping, maybe buy a few cool non-hawaiian shirts if you can.
                    Please don't continue to torture me David. Unless you are that sort of guy. LOL.
                    Cheers for the reply.

(edit: Whew, I just got all emotional when I PMed David again.)
                    Last edited by duffarama; 21 August 2005, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Actually, I have heard leather is 'In' this time of year...

[snicker]

*tiptoes out again*
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                        Actually, I have heard leather is 'In' this time of year...

[snicker]

*tiptoes out again*
                        Well General Landry is certainly wearing it!

I wouldn't mind seeing David in leather. Keeps you warm.
                        Is it coolish or hot at this time in North America?

Comment

Originally posted by David

My vote is for continued torture...

Live safe in the knowledge David, heinous shirts aren't just relegated to the fans...the stars of the show have worn some pretty dubious numbers as well...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

On the bright side (pardon the pun), at least the people he interviews will remember him. 8)

They're his trademark, so I say leave him alone.

Comment

The last time I checked, David was allowed to wear what HE wanted to, not what random people- especially strangers- on the internet TOLD him to wear.

If that were true, I'd have made him dress in a chicken suit.

Comment

Working...
                              X