This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword Thunk/Appreciation Thread

This thread's the spawn of a bored person. And a sword loving person! So c'mon! I know you're out there! Sword lovers, collecters, hobbists, whatever. You can post piccies, yakk about your favorite movie swords, whatever.

Ah, swords. The joy of slicing and dicing...or not.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Yay! You FINALLY made it

Here's one from LOTR-

Arwen's sword *drool* Anyone know what the inscription on the sword says?

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Bow before Excalibur, the KING of all swords!!! And only $50!!!
      Available here-
      http://www.kingofswords.com/product_...oducts_id/8584

sigpic

Comment

Sting from LOTR-

*thunk* *thunk* *thunk* *thunk*

sigpic

Comment

My friend has Aragorn's sword from LOTR. It's awesome!! She let me have ago with it

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
            My friend has Aragorn's sword from LOTR. It's awesome!! She let me have ago with it
            Oh man, that's too SWEET!! I nearly killed meself thunking over LOTR swords, lol.
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Great, a sword thread! I love swords, I think they are simply beautiful and so elegant that you can sometimes nearly forget that they are deadly weapons. I like to read about the history of swords, the way they are built, the inscriptions they often have and of course about the art of sword fighting. My favorite swords are longswords, and I adored the two swords Aragorn has in LOTR, they were both really beautiful.
              Imagine my joy when my boyfriends gave me a longsword for my birthday last year! This year he gave me a dagger, and I bought another sword myself, so my collection is growing steadily!
              Here's a pic of the first sword and the dagger:

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Found this amazing sword-

Available on this site- http://www.karatedepot.com/swords.html

sigpic

Comment

Ohhh... swords. I only have two, and they are rather plain. I want an Elf sword, and Sting. Plus a few others.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania
                    Ohhh... swords. I only have two, and they are rather plain. I want an Elf sword, and Sting. Plus a few others.
                    well i've got Narsil (complete not shards of) from LOTR, but i want Anduril too as a sort of bookend effect. its hanging on my wall.

i've got a katana, with the hilt shaped like a white dragon. and i've got a set of 3 samurai swords (black and gold) ranging from dagger sized to long sword.

i haven't had the cash to buy any more, but i'd love to buy more LOTR swords, and the Highlander sword, and maybe a replica of the one from Blade, among others.

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                      Yay! You FINALLY made it

Here's one from LOTR-

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/product134/product_info.html?name=Arwen's%20Sword

about halfway down the page (below the picture of just the sword) there is information about the inscription, and what it says. (btw, this is one that is definitely on my i-want-it-now list)

Comment

oh squeee at last a thread about swords!!!
                        i absolutely like swords they're just so beautiful! beautiful and mortal well, and that's what is so intriguing into swords.
                        i actually have two swords and a flail but i don't want to stay there hehehe; this is one of my swords, the Witch King one! but the Mouth of Sauron has nearly the same

i'm looking for a real sword for ral fights! i know where to buy it but it's pretty expensive :O

ooh, elvish swords are really awesome!
                        i'd like to have isildur's sword! so wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                          Yay! You FINALLY made it

Here's one from LOTR-

Out of Elven swords, I prefer the two-handed curved one. I also thunk for Anduril, Sting, and Glamdring. I have a sword kind of like Sting, but it is horribly flawed. A friend of mine feverishly loathes katanas and loves European swords. From my 3 different stories, there are at least 4 (my stories are not developed equally), and 3 are katanas.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                          X