This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat abilities

I don't know if anyones thought of this before. Three shots from a zat disintegrate matter right. But how much matter would a zat blast encompass. Would it be possible to disintegrate a whole stargate and could the zat technology be modified to be used in larger weapons? Could it be used to create a weapon to disintegrate or disable whole ships?

I am most curious about the affects of a zat on a stargate. Please share your thoughts.
    "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
    I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

This is an interesting thought AB. First of all, I don't think the Goauld or anyone lucky enough to get their hands on a zat are going to go around zapping stargates, even if it is stronger. Secondly, maybe some materials have a resisatance to the blast, or the zat is programmed not to disintegrate certain materials. This or the Goauld are much thicker than anyone could possibly imagine. Either way you look at it, this is an interesting subject for an interesting weapon.
    Sheppard: And a nice Delorean...
    McKay: Oh please, dont even get me started on that movie.
    Sheppard: I like that movie!

Comment

I made a thread about that a while back, I'll go and look for it, it's too bad the 'search' option is off..
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Okay i have a Zat related question, if you fire a Zat under water would it work? Also as they are like something to do with electricity wouldnt you end up electricuting yourself?
        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
        LOVE HIM-> DT
        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

and did anyone notice they never "2 shot" kill or "3 shot" disinigrate anyone since the first ep the zat aired?
          Get YOUR P90 Here!
          Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Attualy, the 2 shot and 3 shots have been used before. In the Episode where Sam is taken over by the computer virus, they zat her twice, and in the episode, where herur steals the harsisis child they zat the unconsious jaffa 3 times, and when teal'c first fights the krull warriors he zat's it a hell of alot of times, so the 2 shots and 3 shots+ have been used other than the first zat episode.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I remember that episode when they said something about 2 killing and 3 disintigrating...but apparently the 3 shots haven't done there effect, have they?

Comment

Does anyone know what kind of energy a zat fires? I can't see an electrical current disintegrating anything. It's supposed to be like a staff blast but less powerful but it acts nothing like a plasma burst. Any one with more than a high school education in science? Feel free to theorise.
                "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

As far as i am aware, the zat gun uses a type of energy similar to electricity, but different (because our scientists haven't been able to work out exactly what it is yet). This energy uses your own boi-electrical field and elters it, first causing loss of consciousness, on second shot the field created causes cardiac arrest. upon the third shot the field now becomes strong enough to disintergrate the opponant.

Disintergration is very far fetched and would take a heck of a lot of energy, which is why it is rarely uses post series 3, where consistance and science-fact became the key phrases.

As goes destroying non-living objects, i know they did it in one episode, but it really shouldn't happen. If you are going to assume it can then it will only work on very small objects, like the box of zats. Destroying a stargate in this method would be almost, if not completely impossible as 1) it's very big and 2) the stargate soaks up energy to make wormholes, you'd most likely have to spend generations hitting it with the zat, and even then it would probably explode as opposed to blowing up (like in the episode where anubis attacks, the stargate soaks up the energy, and eventually exploded. It goes with out saying tho, that the weapon anubis had must have been many, many times more powerful than a zat).
                  "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if a zat can be used to power a gate.

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                      As far as i am aware, the zat gun uses a type of energy similar to electricity, but different (because our scientists haven't been able to work out exactly what it is yet).
                      When was that stated?

Disintergration is very far fetched and would take a heck of a lot of energy, which is why it is rarely uses post series 3, where consistance and science-fact became the key phrases.
                      Perhaps, perhaps not. I can't think of a means of disintegrating something.

As goes destroying non-living objects, i know they did it in one episode, but it really shouldn't happen. If you are going to assume it can then it will only work on very small objects, like the box of zats.
                      Why? Are big objects made of different atoms than small objects?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I can't quite remember - but i think it was stated some time in series 1 or 2. I'll have to re-watch them - I havent seen those series for ages. If i find it i'll let you know...

me neither. except by using very large amount of electricity and charged metallic plates. but i'm not even sure about that - again, something else i need to look into.

you need large quantitied of concentrated energy to diaintergrate an item. the larger the item, the more it can disperse the energy throughout itself and avoid disintergration (obviously not intentionally, but that's what happens, eneryg spreads).
                        "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                          me neither. except by using very large amount of electricity and charged metallic plates. but i'm not even sure about that - again, something else i need to look into.
                          By what process?

you need large quantitied of concentrated energy to diaintergrate an item. the larger the item, the more it can disperse the energy throughout itself and avoid disintergration (obviously not intentionally, but that's what happens, eneryg spreads).
                          Yeah, so more shots would disintegrate them if that's the case.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

i think the Zat can only disingrate organic matter
                            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                            sigpic

Comment

i think the Zat can only disinigrate orgainc matter stoping it from destroying anything made of a metal i.e. the Gate
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X