X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three PhDs
    Originally posted by cozzerob
    me neither. except by using very large amount of electricity and charged metallic plates. but i'm not even sure about that - again, something else i need to look into.
    By what process?

Originally posted by cozzerob
    you need large quantitied of concentrated energy to diaintergrate an item. the larger the item, the more it can disperse the energy throughout itself and avoid disintergration (obviously not intentionally, but that's what happens, eneryg spreads).
    Yeah, so more shots would disintegrate them if that's the case.
    Not sure about the disintergtation. If i am remembering correctly, the basic principle is the creation of an electromagnetic (?) field between the two plates. When an object enters the field it gets fried...

Althought you are technically correct, more blasts should provide more energy, the problem is that we don't know how fast the energy from a zat blast is dissapated in an inanimate object. in organic objects the zat modifies the persons electro-magnetic field temporarily, so the effect is more long-term, however, in a block of lead, the effect would be over very quickly. Assuming it is just a large object, i guess you could just keep hitting it repeatedly with the zat and hope that you build up enough energy in the object to disintergrate it. It all depends on the mass and density of the object, and even then, if it's not small, then i wouldn't hold your breath.

As goes destroying a stargate, as i previously said, the gate will soak up the energy until it explodes, rather than be disintergrated.
    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Boch
      I don't know if anyones thought of this before. Three shots from a zat disintegrate matter right. But how much matter would a zat blast encompass. Would it be possible to disintegrate a whole stargate and could the zat technology be modified to be used in larger weapons? Could it be used to create a weapon to disintegrate or disable whole ships?

I am most curious about the affects of a zat on a stargate. Please share your thoughts.
      It seems as though the Zat can only disintengrate the amount of matter that its' blast can encompass which seems to disapate after about a meter. So I would say may a a cubic meter of matter, maybe two cubic meters.

I think a Stargate would simply abosrb the energy, as well I believe it would be to big to desintegrate.

Yes, I believe a larger scale weapon based on Zat'nikitel technology could be acheived, however, with shields around ships, the Zat would likley have no effect seeing as it is not meant to penetrate forcefields.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
      X